Author Topic: Ragnarok Version of the Dual Wield Icesharder  (Read 648 times)

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Club Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ragnarok Version of the Dual Wield Icesharder
« on: 25 January 2018, 11:21:54 »
Foreword: This is just theorycraft and not an actual character. I actually wrote this like a month ago but forgot about it and only remembered when I was reading Laionidas thread
This is a variation of the dual wield Thane (storm/warfare) icesharder. For those who do not know yet, it utilizes 2 persephone's caress to boost ice shard (2x +100% cold and frostburn damage)

What I'm thinking is Thunderer (rune/storm) also allows dual wielding through reckless offense but it also has access to runeword:feather making it possible to concentrate on int and not sacrifice too many points on str. An iceshard thane has the potential to be a tanky mage but an iceshard thunderer has the potential to deal lots more DPS. Thunderer actually has some protection in energy armor but lots of -%energy cost would be needed like incarnation of golden fleece (-30% energy cost). Pelaron has -20% but it’s a shield and it defeats the purpose of this build so it’s out :)

Rune of life gives added vit resist and sacred rage can maybe be useful for a glass cannon like this.

Rune also have rune weapon which can boost DPS of iceshards to maybe epic proportions. I just don’t know if the time to charge up the skill is worth it. Other rune skills like runic mines and menhirs, I don’t know yet if needed. But seal of fate I think can be a good boss killer especially when paired with squall and eye of the storm

The skills I would recommend for storm would be squall(max), heart of frost(max), eye of the storm(max), spellbreaker(at least 1 on each), energy armor(at least 1 on each), storm surge(1 pt), and of course ice shards(max).

I think the best way to farm Persephone’s Caress is by doing Minotaur runs because he wields two axes but I believe I got 1 from secret passage before. If you already have 1 you can simply duplicate it in your tqvault if you’re open to that (I’m not). Dvalin’s Simulacrum bug has been fixed in later versions iirc. But I encountered a hero boss doppelganger somewhere in mimer’s maze before. I’m not sure if it has a chance to drop your own items but I believe so.

Early assessment indicates that this is a classic glass cannon focusing on DPS with little regard to defense (could be fun then)

I can’t make a proper titancalc link because I haven’t played this yet so I don’t know how many points to put in rune weapon for example (if any) or max or only 1 point on reckless offense.

When Esdese-sama is finally laying waste to enemies in legendary, perhaps a better info would come :)
« Last Edit: 25 January 2018, 11:26:35 by botebote77 »
i eat mana for breakfast
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ragnarok Version of the Dual Wield Icesharder
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2018, 10:55:01 »
Early assessment indicates that this is a classic glass cannon focusing on DPS with little regard to defense (could be fun then)

More like an ice cannon, huehuehue,..

I agree though, these builds are all about offense. That said, Ice Shards freeze, there's Storm Surge, Runic Mines and Freezing Blast combined should provide good CC, and Rune mastery has a lot of incoming damage debuffs incorporated in some of its offensive skilltree branches. So, you won't be able to actually soak up any damage, but capabilities to avoid having to do so are there allright.

I'd still like that link to the original Thane sharder if you have it.

Even so, a Thunderer seems to be a lot more potent in this configuration. The only thing I'm worried about going for 2X Persephone's Carress, is the massive Str. requirement on them. Even with -%requirement and some points in Str., you'd still have a long way to go, and investing more in Str. obviously reduces the impact of your shards and other skills. The 2X +100% bonus from that setup might not weigh up against what you're losing. This is even more so a problem on a Thunderer, than on a Thane, since a Thunderer starts out with a measly 82 Str., from its masteries, whereas a Thane has 114, which isn't much either, but still noticably more.

By the way, it will take some time before Esdese-sama reaches legendary, since I've purposely delayed buying Ragnarok. I have a few characters I want to get through 'vanilla' AE legendary first, but it seems Esdese-same can only be conceived in Ragnarok.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2018, 11:27:47 by Laionidas »

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Club Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2018, 12:35:50 »
don't have a link but i saw it somewhere.. never tried it but a caster warfare has the potential to be a tanky mage with permanent battle standard (70%+ CDR).. you need ragnarok to be able to choose rune but storm alone is enough to beat normal

edit: i encourage you to buy ragnarok though because if you beat AE legendary then jump to ragnarok, you might be too bored to play act 5 normal and epic.. you'll miss 6 bonus skill points (that's what happened to my characters pre-ragnarok
« Last Edit: 26 January 2018, 12:42:13 by botebote77 »
i eat mana for breakfast
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2018, 14:54:15 »
if you beat AE legendary then jump to ragnarok, you might be too bored to play act 5 normal and epic.. you'll miss 6 bonus skill points (that's what happened to my characters pre-ragnarok

Can't you just blaze thorugh Act V normal (and epic) then, once you're in Act I or Act II legendary?

The thing is I always get discouraged somewhere at the end of normal, so I'd like to skip normal as much as possible.

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2018, 22:29:32 »
If you're fine with, you can just use Tqdefiler after you beat Normal hades without entering the portal and enable epic difficulty, thus automatically skipping Act V.. This is what I do in the end of normal difficulty..

Tags: