Author Topic: How to create a "no broken, no white items" mod  (Read 2426 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Croc

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
How to create a "no broken, no white items" mod
« on: 27 July 2021, 04:47:41 »
Hello everybody.

If I remember correctly, the TQ Defiler for Immortal Throne had 3 of those mods that could be enabled/disabled anytime related to items of specific color dropping. I believe they were:
  • "No broken items" - monsters won't equip grey (broken) items, only white (normal) and above or none at all.
  • "No white items" - monsters won't equip broken or normal items, only yellow (magical) and above or none at all.
  • "No yellow items" - monsters won't equip broken, normal or magical items, only green (rare) and above or none at all.

Do you know how could I create such a mod in Atlantis version? Are there specific variables that I can edit in the database?

The reason is that I wanted to farm some lategame rings and amulets with pet affixes for my Summoner, but even with xmax the drop rates are disgusting. I just did a run from Corinth to the Bandit Lord in Xmax. I got 4 legendary pieces, but only a simple 1 prefix pet ring (wraithlord's). Can't a man find an Allfather's ring of Immortality?  ;D

I don't think I have played with those mods more than once in IT, but I think the increased difficulty of monsters better equipped might balance the better drop-rates without it feeling like cheating.
My 13 chars: Summoner 81, Spellbreaker 75, Dreamkiller 71, Paladin 71, Harbinger 69, Diviner 66, Ranger 65, Skinchanger 49, Champion 48, Soothsayer 47, Magician 43, Conqueror 37, Sage ??

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: How to create a "no broken, no white items" mod
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2021, 11:59:13 »
Do you know how could I create such a mod in Atlantis version? Are there specific variables that I can edit in the database?

There exist "Randomizer Weights" section in records/xpack/game/gameengine.dbr where drop weights can be adjusted.
Fields like "noPrefixNoSuffixModifierCommon", "bothPrefixSuffixModifierCommon". I'm don't know how this values exactly work (they might be additive, or multiplicative or so, in my tests they definitely works, but still looks strangely).

However, I think what with case of rings/amulets - main limiting factor is not weights per-se, but what monster's have inherent attribute with chance to equip item slot defined in monster's loot table individually (say - chanceToEquipFinger1), and this chance is usually small (say 1%), so...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Croc

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2021, 03:41:06 »
Thanks lixiss, that was very useful information.

I have changed all "noPrefixNoSufixModifier" and "brokenOnlyModifier" that had a value to 0. It won't make common and broken items stop dropping, but it sure increases the amount of them that become magical or rare, as can be seen in these pictures:

Filtering only magical and above:
https://i.imgur.com/76f2o4l.jpg

Showing all:
https://i.imgur.com/jJBip3y.jpg

Even chest still drop broken:
https://i.imgur.com/VlARZhO.jpg

Maybe I should try using negative values. Or deleting the value instead of using a 0. But not today.

Thanks for your tip about the rings. Now I have to find somewhere in Act 5 with plenty of chests and mage enemies. Hmm...
My 13 chars: Summoner 81, Spellbreaker 75, Dreamkiller 71, Paladin 71, Harbinger 69, Diviner 66, Ranger 65, Skinchanger 49, Champion 48, Soothsayer 47, Magician 43, Conqueror 37, Sage ??

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2021, 11:29:36 »
Maybe I should try using negative values. Or deleting the value instead of using a 0. But not today.

Negative values might work or might not work. I'm really hate what this not documented and reversing behaviors need be done, taking hours and returns naturally only few bits of information. (For example monsters from proxypool woth weight 0 can be spawned under some specific (buggy) conditions...) :)

Even if negative values works - they might not work as expected, because... all values in table varied. More simplier way should be raising bothPrefixSuffix to really big value, and suffixOnly/prefixOnly too something smaller. Don't forget what some tables doesnt have weight to have both prefix suffix and from my taste - raising this modifier doesnt take effect in such cases (but somewhy chance to get item with prefix or suffix raised anyway, at least feels like). Also I believe if randomizer table specify not only weight but randomizer chance - then chance should be rolled separately from weight. :)

Tags: mod items broken grey 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal