Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 85931 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #570 on: 24 January 2020, 18:16:07 »
we took levelling a little overboard with +100% exp potions  >:D

https://imgur.com/LOvcjs7
https://imgur.com/3oxIYjD

So far so good.....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #571 on: 25 January 2020, 13:44:19 »
Jacko & Zuzia - Sauron - L30 Theurgist AER+A (TWINKED) - Highland Pass

These +100% exp white pots are sick  >:D

Considering something unorthodox for second mastery...Defence...Warfare...Slightly inclined towards Warfare for BS, Dodge chance and Phys Dmg for constructs...will have to farm for Carnyx staff later.

Staff of the Necromancer is ok atm. on switch some elemental staf for constructs.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ororo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #572 on: 04 February 2020, 21:22:50 »
I am preparing my next entry and I am wondering... Are Aionios and Sapros still "droppable"? I cannot find them anywhere in the droplist and they would fit quite well into my build.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ororo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #573 on: 08 February 2020, 22:38:15 »
Come oooon. One of you guys must know the answer!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #574 on: 09 February 2020, 13:23:33 »
I made a lot of farming runs some months ago and i never had the chance of dropping the best shield of the game: Aionos. It doesn't mean that the shield is no more in the drop list though, so i can't really help you. On the other hand Sapros is still there, the last one dropped in my games was last year.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Twinscrew

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #575 on: 15 April 2020, 04:06:23 »
Well, my first couple attempts at this were already horrible failures. I started two Wanderers (nature) and intended to level as that until I figured out what I wanted my 2nd mastery to be. First toon died almost immediately from me just being dumb. Whatever, no big loss. Second toon made it to the Gorgon sisters as a plague caster, but I didnít take into account that there would be 3x Euryales, so they just constantly heal and I couldnít do any damage to them. Ran out of potions, tried to portal out but died.

Oh well lesson learned. Now I decided to roll as a Skinchanger but I started as Rune instead of Nature. Much better results. The plan is to stick to a throw & shield elemental build. Might add pets later, not sure yet. Iíll report back when Iíve made some significant progress. For the leaderboard entry:

CaptainBourbon
Skinchanger (twinked)

Welcome to the challenge.  What level is your character and where are the location wise in the game? Need those for the leaderboard.

I apologize that it took so long to respond to this. Unfortunately I had to abandon this challenge.

Everything was going fine with my Skinchanger until I got to act 5, where the game becomes completely unplayable in full Xmax. The frame rate drops so low that it basically freezes the game. I even tried taking the settings down to potato graphics and it still runs like garbage. So that's a wrap, sadly. It's just too much for a laptop to handle.

Anyways, good luck to those of you still going forward!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline MedeaFleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #576 on: 15 April 2020, 06:38:34 »
Yes, that can be a problem with these mods that add more monsters.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline stormyboy

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #577 on: 04 October 2020, 19:29:17 »
Hey guys! I know i haven't been around since forever. I have been busy with playing wow. But from time to time titan quest comes back to me and i have to replay it. So, after logging in on steam and checking out the achievement section i saw that there is an achievement for finishing the game with less than 100 kills. So, i thought i get the achievement to the next level. I want to finish the game with 0 potions, untwinked, 0 deaths, xmax, less than 100 kills. I want to get into the challenge and fail it with the lowest number of kills possible :D.

All of the above being said, i am playing a pet character, right now focusing on nature. If you guys have any advice to make my life better shoot. Also, I am open for any suggestion regarding the second mastery.

stormyboy - Xardas - L16 Wanderer Atlantiss(no potions) - Halcyon coast - 15kills

https://imgur.com/OP6SGNS
https://imgur.com/PQWFX9h
https://imgur.com/5PuNCme

Not Yet Rated!

Offline MedeaFleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #578 on: 04 October 2020, 21:54:58 »
Welcome back and good luck with the challenge.   :)

I'd say Dream for the extra health/energy regen that Nightmare's Mastermind synergy gives for pets.  Combined with Trance of Convalescence for more health/energy regen pets should be pretty sturdy. 

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal