Author Topic: The Yellows Only Hardcore Challenge  (Read 1244 times)

Online andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: The Yellows Only Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #30 on: 12 October 2018, 00:36:07 »

Asylum101 - YELLOWMAN - L15 Illusionist - Athens Catacombs
Medea Fleecestealer - Aritha3 - L11 Illusionist AER (TWINKED) - Halcyon Coast
1cec0ld - JauneD'Arc - L8 Stormcaller - Tegea

Dead toons
Medea Fleecestealer - Esprit Tempest - L23 Oracle AER (TWINKED) - Died to The All Devourer Canyon of Isis
Medea Fleecestealer - Heddar Bites - L22 Champion AE - Died to hero just before Giza Plateau
Medea Fleecestealer - Dirk - L20 Corsair - Died to 3 Limos in Athenian Passage ruins
Medea Fleecestealer - Maaia - L20 Ranger TWINKED - Xmax x4 mod - Died to Leucus x3
MedeaFleecestealer - Aritha2 L17 Illusionist - Xmax x2 mod - Died to 3 Limos in the Athenian Passage ruins
]Medea Fleecestealer - Todd Hereward - L13 Warden AER (TWINKED) - Died to Shadowmaw
Medea Fleecestealer - Kilian L12 Assassin - Died to centaurs approaching the Olive Grove
MedeaFleecestealer - Aritha L11 Illusionist - Xmax x2 mod - Died to princes in Old Elusius

Im missing something here, why are these early-mid teen lvl alts doing in those areas? Is it like some speedrun thing  cuz im generally late teens before i touch Nessus...

Offline MedeaFleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #31 on: 12 October 2018, 07:15:22 »
Nope.  I usually hit Nessus around level 8-9 and that's clearing all areas along the way.  Only ones for me that might be a bit higher would be the ones who ran in Xmax which increases mob size and adds more heroes/champions/bosses to fight.

The question is how are you so high level-wise before you even reach him? Rerunning areas a few times is all I can think of. Not a problem if you do if that's your playstyle.

Online andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 12 October 2018, 09:12:51 »
massbosses.

Ive seen (& died from) Toxeus in graveyard near "Medicines Waylaid" quest a bunch of times lol.

on massbosses i see lvl 18 heroes in Zone 1 of act 1 routinely  & they can be aggroed to NPC soldiers, all u have to do is not miss the killing blow for massive XP :)

but even on 1x, its easy to be lvl 13ish before hitting 2nd portal at Leonidas.
« Last Edit: 12 October 2018, 09:20:46 by andyblast »

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 12 October 2018, 09:35:46 »
Yeah, that would do it.  :)  Normal game the level comes out much lower.  I reckon to reach Typhon around L30 and clear end of Act 4 Normal around the L40 mark usually.

Offline 1cec0ld

• TQ Club Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 12 October 2018, 09:56:03 »
Lol playing vanilla, I consider myself lucky if I'm 8 when I fight Nessus. I average late 6.

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 12 October 2018, 10:02:50 »
Yeah, thinking about it I overestimated.  I've hit him at L6 a few times, others it's L7.

Online andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 12 October 2018, 10:26:43 »
I often switch back to 1x after Changan (Dragonians) & in act 4 (vitality HP % attacks). So I often end up plateauing around the mid 40's as well at normal end. I score up free lvls once i do full marksman tree farming massbosses Talos.

Offline 1cec0ld

• TQ Club Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 12 October 2018, 19:23:44 »
Level 41, Middle of Teutoburg Forest. I'm remembering why I hate the Act5 Side Quests again. Can't find the other bee hive, don't feel like running back and buying different colored Dyes... Bleh. 

Observations on Act 5:
  Trolls are funny. If even one of them is hit, the entire crowd will instantly come running. This makes traps extra effective. Similar with Hungry Wolves.
  Bandits/Robbers are pretty squishy, but they hit like trucks. Kiting them around is effective.
  Spriggans are soft hitting, and die to 3 trap bolts. Easy source of Viny Growth, since their offspring also has a chance to drop them.
  Rats in the caves are somewhat bugged, similar to how Sandwraiths used to be: They spend so much time dodging trap bolts that they don't actually do any damage.
  There aren't a lot of main-bosses here, so I wasn't sure who to take screenshots of. Got the Troll King, but that's all since the Ketos.

My equipment as I rest for a little while:

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 12 October 2018, 20:07:56 »
Yeah, I keep some dyes in the shared stash just in case, but pretty much in the habit of buying them as I go along now.  Write a note on my character sheet every time so I remember those and the Lupine Claw as well. 

Yes, there are stretches in the game where no bosses seem to hang out.  I've had that problem in Act 3 where there aren't that many.

Tags: