Author Topic: Soulvizier Ragnarok  (Read 31982 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Soulvizier Ragnarok
« Reply #195 on: 12 January 2020, 14:51:27 »
Hello
 guys can i join testing and discord ??
I'll give you a link when 1.2 comes (next week).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vadumee

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: 13 January 2020, 02:50:05 »
Hi, i had a bit of time lately to play, so i progressed and am now in the Jura in act 5, i'll soon be able to test the frost nova skill of storm mastery as i need only one level for it. Here's some bugs / problems i've encountered so far :

- The item Heart of Venom (i think it's the correct name) gives +2 to an invalid skill
- I had the completion bonus of the stygian hydragon quest after starting my next session of game. (probably a AE related bug)
- The machae hero Javaras the manabane seems absolutly unbeatable as a caster : he has insane magic resistance (even my maxed eruption did little to no damage to him, at a point he regenerated it's life in a mere seconds), kills me in two basic hits (1k1 damage for each hit), drain all my energy very often, and has a very high movement speed with a teleport like attack which makes him impossible to escape.
- The golem taunt ability seems completely uneffective to ennemies who are attacking you.
- Erebian brutes (elite troglodytes) have the same problem that the minotaur lord have, their earthquake ability is hard to dodge without movement speed bonus, and can one-shot me when it ticks 3 times.
- Although blood damage dealing ennemies seems relatively balanced (blood witches melinoe, machae hero aorg) and deal a moderate amount of bleeding damage, the multiple poison bomb ability (possessed by the zombies blightcaller and kaligoth) deals an incredible amount of damage, even when only one of the five bombs make contact with you.
- Probably a problem of the vanilla game, but the chain lightning ability of the albino spider (when they connect using wifi) also ticks a lot of times and seems to have an absurd range (i took a 6*340 ish lightning damage while the spider pack was out of my screen).

I'll probably have to go to act IV again, as i finished the admetus quest way too late, so i missed the one at the plains of judgement, and the latter one too. I also changed my mercenary with the ichthian, the first wasn't dealing enough damages and i needed a support mercenary as melee ennemies kill me very fast, i also forgot the ring of flames, as it's only usefull to deal with horde of weak ennemies, i'm looking forward to unlock the frost nova, seems way more promising, since this spell will probably be helpful to deal with strong melee ennemies.

Here is a screenshot of the machae hero i was talking about (i litteraly had to go back to the main menu, because it was next to the fountain and was spawnkilling me) :

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #197 on: 13 January 2020, 09:18:59 »
the multiple poison bomb ability (possessed by the zombies blightcaller and kaligoth) deals an incredible amount of damage, even when only one of the five bombs make contact with you
Seconding this - the poison casters were a real pain in Hades
A bug in the North - studded gauntlets have no stat requirements, cost 0 and cannot be bought or sold.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2020, 09:25:03 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: 13 January 2020, 20:25:54 »

- For the monsters that deal too much damage, I'm in the process of reducing generally to AE levels the damage of most skills. Like I said, some damage types are scaling in AE and it can make some skills too powerful, especially if SV had boosted them already.
Maybe I will publish 1.2 without fixing everything, so that the update is not delayed.
- Taunt : I feel that this skill never worked properly even in the official game. But it's only 3m large around the Golem so don't expect miracles if you're too far from your Golem and monsters are already surrounding you. Classic SV added a cooldown of 10s too.
- Stygian Lurker : this is something that happens since AE, not really a bug, more a weird behavior. Some quests rewards in TQIT were forgotten by the game when you closed your game session. They fixed this in AE and apparently the game now has to "apply twice" or something the reward (like it shows you twice you have a reward, but actually the reward is given in the form of a hidden skill with a max/ultimate level of 1, so you can't really have a double reward). It's like the game still forgets the reward the first time you close the game, but he knows he has to give it once more next time you launch. This should happen with Hades generals quest too, "Mausoleum quest" (Bandari), and Yeti bonus as said in the AE changelog.

TQ AE changelog (extract from quests section)

- Hades Generals: Quest reward now works properly
- Stygian Lurker: Quest reward now works properly
+ Loading a character into the game for the first time will now retroactively fix missed or changed quest rewards
  (Affects Maousoleum, Stygian Lurker and Hades Generals rewards, as well as the new Yeti pet bonus)

For the "Mausoleum" see https://titanquest.fandom.com/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_Clay_Soldiers
 Bug Note Edit

When you leave the mausoleum after having Bandari defeated but before having talked to the Spirit of the Great Emperor, the spirit will disappear and you won't be able to get the 2 Attribute Points reward from him anymore. The Fanpatch provides a solution for this situation: If you missed this reward, go visit Laches, a guy standing next to the Portal in the Village of Helos (the first city in the game) - he will recover the reward.

In the Anniversary Edition, you automatically receive the missing 2 Attribute Points when re-entering the game at the same difficulty setting.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: 13 January 2020, 21:40:05 »
- Heron's Gear (unique shield) gives +2 to invalid skill profile

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: 13 January 2020, 23:21:20 »
About Javaras :
- He's the Manabane, so I bet it's normal he gives you a hard time or that he's your nemesis. I'm not being sadistic or anything (I haven't changed him in the slightest from classic SV in v1.1), but I'm "relieved" he gives you a difficult fight, otherwise I'd say something is wrong. Even if the fight is "impossible", I guess this does happen in SV.
- This said, some things need to be tweaked about him : his bonus physical damage passive was + 450/500/550 and will be reduced to 270/300/330 in v1.2 like AE (I suppose it didn't scale with Strength before, his STR of 241 gave him +37% damage). His Energy leech will be reduced as well because it now scales with level (in v1.1 Normal, his Leech (not counting mana burn) should be around 200 in one sec per hit, but in v1.1 Legendary he can leech you for more than 930 Energy in one sec with one hit, without counting his mana burn - against something like 320 mana in classic SV)
- He has 70/80/90% elemental resistances, and global modifiers give him more than 100% resists in Epic and Legendary (105/138% with SV AERA v1.2, more with classic SV). I suppose this is intended.
- If he could give some troubles to Runes too (is it me or does this mastery seems to steamroll everything ?), that would be good in my opinion.
- To reduce damage, you need better armor and most importantly better energy leech resistance (well, I already gave some to Runes mastery bar...) because he has a lot of mana burned with each hit.
- To deal damage, I guess anything else than elemental will do (scroll, mercenary...)
« Last Edit: 13 January 2020, 23:49:18 by soa »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: 15 January 2020, 17:28:32 »
Hello
 guys can i join testing and discord ??
I'll give you a link when 1.2 comes (next week).

Possible for more?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: 16 January 2020, 20:53:39 »
Possible for more?

OK, I'll send you v1.2. After that I won't let new participants in, except if someone wants to stop participating.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TITANAS

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
Don't shoot the pianist !!!
« Reply #203 on: 16 January 2020, 22:36:06 »
All those who are so passionate about supporting their hobby deserve a congratulations, and all of us who freely accept their work without any exhaustion
it is good to be gracious and friendly to them.
SOA , dont forget me.

Thank's

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #204 on: 17 January 2020, 07:04:42 »
@soa Does v1.2 be sent? I don't get it yet.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: 17 January 2020, 07:44:31 »
Possible for more?

OK, I'll send you v1.2. After that I won't let new participants in, except if someone wants to stop participating.
How many testers you got so far? Its strange to hear that you say stop to new testers while very often everyone is lacking testers  :D
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: 17 January 2020, 18:27:19 »
Found another item with invisible mesh - Helona (Unique Staff):
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: 17 January 2020, 18:44:37 »
Found another item with invisible mesh - Helona (Unique Staff):
Spoiler for Hiden:

Do you mean the summoned minion/creature (Tidelurkers)?
What is supposed to be seen (if no the creature)?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Meshes

A mesh is a specific item that is displayed in game that has two functions: static or moveable. A static item is a box or a tree or even a mountain, but a moveable is a character or animal.  In order for meshes to “feel” solid in game they are given what is called a “collision” box. This “box” can be any shape, but the point is to  make sure there is a contact with the environment to feel realistic. If you ever wonder why you walk through a person at times it is because the model does not have a collision box, or it is too small. In some video games we hear the term “hit box” which is really just a term for “collision.” Some models require bigger boxes, so the bigger they are, the more area there is to connect with.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #208 on: 17 January 2020, 19:18:34 »
@nargil66 What's version Soulvizier mod that you using?
Or you using it with your QoL mod (that increase inventory, it seems bigger than original).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: 17 January 2020, 19:26:44 »
Do you mean the summoned minion/creature (Tidelurkers)?
What is supposed to be seen (if no the creature)?
The staff itself is invisible. Maybe the problem is my videocard, just equipped Tiamat sword and its also invisible.

@nargil66 What's version Soulvizier mod that you using?
Or you using it with your QoL mod (that increase inventory, it seems bigger than original).
Yeah, that feature is coming in a future version (its up to @soa to decide when).

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal