Author Topic: Tools Database - Links & Descriptions  (Read 866 times)

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • King of Spoilers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Tools Database - Links & Descriptions
« on: 10 March 2018, 12:22:16 »
Ok, after a big cleanup of files, I made a database of all the TQ related tools i have untill now. Some are saved from old forum, others are not directly connected to Titan Quest, but can come handy to someone. Here is a link to the database:

I'll make a list later and add some descriptions and maybe separate links.
If you know a tool that is better, newer or you think it should be included in the database, I'll update the list. Or if you can tell the name of a creator or description thats missing.
Note: All the tools listed here are freeware. I won't add any payed programs in the list. If you are searching for one, buy it.

ANIMATION TOOLS:

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. TQ Animation Tools 1.0
Creator: Tamchi
Description: A pack of several tools which allow you to edit the game .ANM files.
List of tools:
TQ Animation Callback Editor
TQ Animation Combiner
TQ Animation Composer (Description by Tamchi) - This tool allows you to combine animations to make new ones. You need .NET Framework 4.0 to use this.
You can load up to two different animations and choose the bones and callbacks you want to keep. You can choose how to shorten/lengthen the animations if the frame counts don't match. it automatically selects bones in the second animation if you uncheck them in the first or they don't exist yet. (Works in both directions.) You can't crop/scale animations yet, but it should be really easy to write a gui for that: Most of the necessary functions are already included in the library. You still have to use notepad if you want to edit the callbacks though. I plan to extend the program to let you rename bones and create new callbacks.
Resizing a single animation would require a different gui approach.
Edit: Finding focused items in WPF on right-click is completely crazy. I will add the editing functions in a different program.
TQ Animation Cropper
TQ Animation Specials
ARC TOOLS:

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. ARC Encryptor 4.1.2 (32 & 64 bit)
Creator: Elfe
Description: Arc Encryptor is a GUI for the game's archivetool that lets you pack and unpack .ARC files.

2. ARZ Explorer 1.0.1
Creator: Vorbis/EJFudd
Description: A tool for viewing and unpacking .ARC and .ARZ (Database) files.

3. ARC Unpack 1.0
Description: A tool for extracting multiple .ARC files at once. Just drag and drop the ARCs over ArcUnpack.exe

ART MANAGER

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Art Manager 1.6
Creator: Elfe
Description:
It can now always with the option "Delete Unassociated Resources" be formed without having to restart the AM every time again. (Tools -> delete unassociated resources).
No other program is needed to run this version of the AM, not even version 1.5. I emphasize once again that version 1.5 and 1.6 are not consecutive versions, but work independently.
Added tool "File Summary". (Tools -> File Summary)
Added "Status Report" tool. (Tools -> Status Report)
Option to compress the models added. (Tools -> Convert Textures to Compressed)
Integrated option window integrated. (Tools -> Options)
New - icons
New Font for Popup Window (I can understand it well, if you want the old one back, because the new one does make some things harder to read, if desired I will upload a version without changed font, if necessary).
Templates Editor extended. (It seems a par of the added options are still not working properly, maybe it's better if you do not use this editor for that yet.)
Explanations of DBR entries on / off. This option can be switched on / off in the DB Editor in the menu bar under "View -> Descriptions". (For more information and extended explanations, there is a post here: http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10994 )
MAX server repaired! The installation includes a file that fixes this problem and fixes the option to convert .max files to .msh / .amn files. To enable this fix, a little extra manual work is required, the instructions for which are available at the installation later in this post.
.Msh files can be archived (taken from 1.5, auto and self-created assets possible.)
.wav files can be archived again (note for violos: wish fulfilled Smile)
Other features that I may have forgotten.

Installations
Download and run the installer. Please select the installation path of your TQIT's for the installation, if you choose another directory, the AM will only give an error message at startup. The main features are already installed, so the following things need to be done to fully install the MAX Server:
Open the following path with your Windows Explorer: User \ Documents \ my games \ titan quest immortal throne \ tools.ini and open the Tool.ini file.
You will see several options for the toolset. Those who are interested in us are called "3dsmaxserver". The installation has a new file called MAX_Server.exe installed in the installation path of TQIT. Please write this hinder the option. For me it looks like this:
3dsmaxserver = D: \ Program Files (x86) \ THQ \ Titan Quest Immortal Throne \ MAX_Server.exe
Save the file and run the Art Manager 1.6.exe.
Congratulations, the installation is done. I hope that makes modding easier / faster and probably. It is easier for some newcomers to find their way.
All rights to the code of this program are still going to THQ / ILE. Please let me know if I have breached EULA rules or contractual arrangements. In that case I will delete everything immediately.

Note: To install, place ArtManager 1.6 in your TQIT base folder. It was made for vanilla Immortal Throne v1.1 only, but relinking the Tools directory and switching the TQIT's database.arz with TQAE/Ragnarok one can do the trick.

CHARACTER EDITORS

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. GDDefiler 0.2.2.0
Creator: SoulSeekkor
Description: Allows editing of Grim Dawn and Titan Quest characters. Supports Ragnarok.

2. TQDefilerNET 1.3.7
Creator: SoulSeekkor
Description: Allows editing of Titan Quest characters.
MAP TOOLS

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Clear All Fog
Creator: p0a
Description: With this mod, you can reveal all dark corners on the map that you have not explored yet. For it to work, you must have visited the area first.

2. MapDecompiler (Fix)
Creator: p0a (fixed some crash issues by knightsouldier here: https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=129.msg932#msg932)
Description: A tool for extracting the game map files.

3. ModMerge
Description: A tool for combining two or more mods (needs better description and usage).

MESH TOOLS

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. MeshView
Description: Gives many options for viewing and editing .MSH files.

1. MeshViewer
Description: A tool for previewing meshes and textures. Its simplier, but faster than MeshView if you only want to see the texture.

MISC

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. 7Zip
Description: A tool for extracting and compressing files into archives. Similar to WinRaR and WinZip, but gives better compression. You need it to extract all the tools listed here.

2. Anti-Twin
Description: A simple tool for finding and removing duplicate files.

3. Bulk Rename Utility 3.0.0.1
Description: This tool can rename multiple files at once, giving different options. Good for renaming .dbr files enmasse.

4. Dupe Guru
Description: Another duplicate hunter.

5. Fraps 3.5.9
Description: Can record game videos and calculate FPS (Frames per Second).

6. HandBrake 1.0.7
Description: Used to compress videos to a smaller size format. Good before uploading to Youtube.

7. Reshade 3.1.1
Description:

OFFLINE DATABASES

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Soulvizier Skill Calculator
Description: Offline mastery calculator for Soulvizier mod.

2. TQ Offline Equipment Database 2.0
Creator: Lufe?
Description: Offline database of TQIT items + 3 mastery calculators.

PATCHES

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Titan Quest Fanpatch 1.17a
Creator:
Description:

2. Patchfix 1.17c
Creator: Spectre
Description:

STASH TOOLS

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. TQVaultXL_1.1.5.1
Creator: HandballFreak
Description: Offline storage for Titan Quest items. Supports custom game characters as well as Ragnarok.
TEMPLATES

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Underlord Templates
Creator: Munderbunny
Description: Custom templates used in Underlord mod.

2. TQIT Templates
Creator: THQ/IronLore
Description: Templates for Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.
TEXT & FONTS

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Extension Changer (+Fonts)
Description: Used to change font file extensions from .ttf to .fnt (used by the game) and vice versa.

2. Notepad ++
Description:

3. Text Crawler
Description:

4. WPS Office
Description: A free substitute for Microsoft Office. Can open .doc and .docx files.

TEXTURING TOOLS

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Awesome Bump 3.14
Description: AwesomeBump is designed to generate normal, height, specular or ambient occlusion, metallic, roughness and other textures from a single image. Features:
Converts normal map to height map (bump map and vice versa)
Extract the bump from the arbitrary image
Calculate ambient occlusion and specularity of image
Perspective tranformation of the image
Creating seamless texture (simple linear filter, random mode, or mirror filter)
Generate roughness and metallic textures (different types of surface analysis are available)
Real time tessellation is available
Saving images to following formats: PNG, JPG, BMP, TGA
Edit one texture which contains different materials
Add some grunge to your map with grunge texture
Mix two bumpmaps together with normal map mixer

2. Grid Extractor
Description:This tool can quickly extract large amounts of texture grids per drag-and-drop. You can specify the pen width, foreground and background colors and the image size too, if you use the command line. The defaults are 512x512 pixel image size and a 1 pixel black on transparent pen.
This program's way of calculating the coords is different from the one in MeshDrawCS, so the result should be more accurate. You still won't see any improvement in MeshDraw because of it's bugged texture coords.
Note: You can paint on the grid directly or place it as a layer over existing texture in a painting program (I use Paint.NET) for more accuracy.

3. Hugin Panorama Stitcher 2018.0.0
Description: You can use this to make a panoramic screens for Titan Quest main menu. I stiched my menus manually, but it can be usefull to someone. Examples of normal vs panoramic image:

Left - normal; Right - panoramic. The trick is altering the image so when you cut it on half and switch horizontally left and right part, the two parts "stitch" without visible border between them. The clouds must continue to go smoothly when the halfs are normaly arranged or with switched places, sea line must be perfectly horizontal, etc.
Final result: https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=32.msg274#msg274

4. Paint.NET 4.0.21 (+Plugins)
Description: Paint.NET is image and photo editing software for PCs that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is now maintained and developed by Rick Brewster. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP.

5. Sage Thumbs 2.0.0.23
Description: A tool for previewing many image file types, including .TGA as thumbnails in Windows Explorer.

6. Tattoo 3D Painter
Description: A simple and easy to use 3D Painting program. To make it work, extract partial data with MeshView as .obj and load it with Tattoo. You can now paint directly over the mesh. A quick tutorial for using Tattoo is included in the archive. Here is a crude example of a Ragnarok polar bear recolored to panda with the help of this program:

7. Texture Viewer 1.1
Creator: Tamchi?
Description: A tool for previewing Tex files.

8. Un Mirror UV
Description: A tool which can turn symmetric mesh to assymetric one, allowing you to make the left and right part of the texture look different. To do this:
1. Drop a .msh file on un_mirror_uv.exe to make it assymetic. When you open the mesh again, it will look like split in half.
2. Make a skin with double width and mirrored left and right part. You can now make the left part different from right one.

3. Use the modified mesh you made with un_mirror_uv for your custom assymetric texture.
4. Final result:
« Last Edit: 19 March 2018, 12:33:53 by nargil66 »
Link to my gallery (now trimmed and updated):
https://imgur.com/a/IHPQY7R

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • King of Spoilers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tools Database - Links & Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2018, 21:18:34 »
Added more descriptions and creator names.
I'm not sure if some of the tools in the list are not obsolete, like TQElysion. Also is there any advantage of using ArcExplorer over ArzExplorer?
« Last Edit: 11 March 2018, 18:25:48 by nargil66 »

Offline Bumbleguppy

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2018, 00:52:47 »
ARZ is to decompile the database only.

ARC is for the .ARC files like Items.arc etc.

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • King of Spoilers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2018, 00:57:11 »
I decompile my ARCs with ARZExplorer...  ???

Offline Bumbleguppy

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2018, 01:11:13 »
Oh hey, nevermind!

I didn't know this existed, it's a pretty nifty combination tool! ARC explorer and ARZ extractor in one interface. Neat!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • King of Spoilers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2018, 01:23:35 »
Yeah :) Pretty sure Arz is the newer tool. Ima make different folder for tools that have less options or are for old Titan Quest.

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2018, 08:38:41 »
This is awesome man, a wealth of tools in one place! Thank you for uploading
~  Anything new for TQ? See what Unearthed StudiosNZ has been up to - Details at www.hamunaptramod.com  ~

Lurking no more..

Offline Elfe

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2018, 17:47:28 »
TQSource editor is no more supported. You better remove it from the list as it's just going to lead to confusion.

Art Manager 1.6 only works with vanilla TQIT (v 1.1), no versions after that.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2018, 22:40:57 by Elfe »

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • King of Spoilers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2018, 03:25:48 »
Ok, Source Editor is out of the list. Added a note for ArtManager 1.6.
Can you help with more simplified description for AM? List of features and usage maybe?

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • King of Spoilers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2018, 10:08:06 »
Removed from the list: Meshmixer, UVMapper, Source Files, TQElysion, ArcExplorer. You can still find them in the archive if anyone needs.
Added: Mod Merge, Grid Extractor (much better than UVMapper), Arc Unpack (Better than ArcExplorer), MeshViewer. Added some descriptions from old forum.

« Last Edit: 19 March 2018, 12:27:00 by nargil66 »

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • King of Spoilers
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 20 June 2018, 11:41:47 »
Added all the tutorials that I have. They are not many, some are from old titanquest.net and might be outdated.

Tags: