Author Topic: Soulvizier Ragnarok  (Read 30610 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Soulvizier Ragnarok
« Reply #255 on: 08 February 2020, 02:50:56 »

- Tinkerer is a vanilla problem. Actually it's not really a bug, it's just that people don't know what Tinkerer suffix does and they think something is wrong. It allows you to socket 2 relics on the item.

The prefix is missing (although, I have seen it for shields) when they have Tinkerer suffix.
Not really sure of what you saw. Take a screen or send me a save, because I don't believe there is something wrong with these specific items.
Maybe another official game bug. I haven't changed the Tinkerer suffix, and now it only spawns in Atlantis, I haven't modded Atlantis items.

Maybe I saw items that had very long name (without the prefix XYZ's) and thought it was missing stats.
If I find any in the future, I will try to keep them and post it (rather than sell first).

Is there a collection/database/sheet of all the souls? And maybe where the monsters can be found holding them (especially when they are exclusive for SV)?
Example: The formula: Calybe's Soulcrux
https://alchetron.com/Calybe
Today, there is no proper soul database I can share.
At some point, when I'll have time, I'll try to learn how to make a complete SV database like TQ-DB.net or the Shadow Champions one.
Alternatively, or maybe in addition, I'll create special new merchants ingame that sell dummy formulas for soul creation. So you can at least see them ingame.
It could be in the form of a friendly merchant with a monster skin, selling formulas for the monsters of the same type as him in the act. So it can give you some basic indication of what drops where.

Could you kindly provide stats for the Typhon soul?
I want see if it's worth the farming and maybe you can tell what the odds are for the drop? (have done 40 runs so far, no drop)

--------------

Spellbreaker's Panoply
The boots are missing name tag

--------------
Just an idea (in future SV):
Maybe create something called Soulshards, where you gather (specific) fractions (having a % chance to drop) of souls from the (specific) monster you are farming.
Say: 40 Typhon soul-fractions from Typhon will give you the Typhon Soul-ring (formula sold by merchant in first town of act X?). So there is an alternative route/chance to aquire the soulring.

Diablo 2 mod: Median XL Sigma have something called Trophy fragments (as the chance to drop the trophy itself was very low and the bosses were really long and  hard):
"7% chance to drop a trophy fragment on Hell difficulty."
« Last Edit: 08 February 2020, 03:02:48 by Groom »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: 08 February 2020, 03:50:00 »
@Groom So you think your way to play is standard, and other must follow your way to play?
 ::)

No =)
I'm just saying that logically, it will be more difficult to survive with low resistances & HP.

It's hard for someone to determine if X-class/build will be able to defeat X-monster, judging the difficulty based on their low resistance & hp build for that specific encounter in act X normal/epic/legendary.
[Let's say the standard measure amount (exclude any flat or percentage damage reduction, block/parry/dodge, regen, life leech data) for any given Resistance type and health points (HP) is :
Normal game (acts 1/2/3/4/5): 10% & 1000 HP /20% & 1300 HP /30% & 1600 HP /40% & 1900 HP /50% & 2100 HP  and physical resistance is 0%/5%/10%/10%/15%.
Epic: ...
Legendary: ...
]

This all res XX% & hp // phys res YY % will be the (CORE/base) benchmark to determine the difficulty of the monster X in act Y normal/epic/legendary.
And then you can state which build that might have trouble (which might require the testing).

It will not give an accurate data if we find the difficulty for obstacle X is based on resistanc of 5% 500 HP // 3% in act 4.
This might result in wrongfully nerf the X-monster or result in X-skill being overpowered.

It's too bad the ingame doesn't provide an easy grasp of the total amount of X-res, that is not mentioned in the character window (both tab data windows).
You can only count it manually yourself...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #257 on: 08 February 2020, 07:21:28 »
Alternatively, or maybe in addition, I'll create special new merchants ingame that sell dummy formulas for soul creation. So you can at least see them ingame.
It could be in the form of a friendly merchant with a monster skin, selling formulas for the monsters of the same type as him in the act. So it can give you some basic indication of what drops where.
It could also be done by unlock code that drops them... but then it will be cheating and will ruin the fun

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: 08 February 2020, 11:34:09 »
Could you kindly provide stats for the Typhon soul?
I want see if it's worth the farming and maybe you can tell what the odds are for the drop? (have done 40 runs so far, no drop)
Currently the stats are as follows for N/E/L difficulty :

-18/20/26% Total Speed
+17/28/38% Physical damage
+20/33/42% Elemental damage
+40/57/78% Life Leech
+40/58/72% Energy Leech
25/31/43% Elemental resist
10/11/13% Physical resist
+200/328/418 Health
+150/272/338 Energy
+16/22/31 Strength
+16/22/31 Dexterity
+16/25/30 Intelligence
+1 to All Skills
Grants skill : Meteor Storm (lvl 1/2/3, Cd 20s, 156/159/161 Energy Cost, 8 projectiles, 3m explosion radius, 177-236/184-245/191-254 Fire damage, 211-240/228-264/246-290 Physical damage)

Drop rate : 1,5% (in theory requires a mean of 66-67 runs)
Level req : around 45/61/73

Spellbreaker's Panoply
The boots are missing name tag
Will fix in 1.4

Just an idea (in future SV):
Maybe create something called Soulshards, where you gather (specific) fractions (having a % chance to drop) of souls from the (specific) monster you are farming.
Say: 40 Typhon soul-fractions from Typhon will give you the Typhon Soul-ring (formula sold by merchant in first town of act X?). So there is an alternative route/chance to aquire the soulring.
Diablo 2 mod: Median XL Sigma have something called Trophy fragments (as the chance to drop the trophy itself was very low and the bosses were really long and  hard):
"7% chance to drop a trophy fragment on Hell difficulty."
I'd like to reduce or limit inventory cluttering and in the future, provides ways to recycle the souls you don't need. Giving soul fragments would create even more clutter (+the work needed to create this system), and once you would have, say Typhon soul, either in one piece from the boss or from the 40 fragments, everytime you would farm the boss, you may get new fragments that would be useless until you complete them.
I'd rather create a Soul Seal formula for every act that allows you to recycle you souls into a Soul Seal. And maybe 3 soul seals would give you a random soul or be used for another craft system (craft MIs, etc.). That way dropping a soul that isn't good for your character would still be a good news, because you'd be able to reuse it somehow. and you wouldn't add, on top of souls, many soul shards cluttering the inventory even more.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: 09 February 2020, 03:13:30 »
Skeleton (?) Archers at "River of Styx" dies too fast (low hp)?

"Flight of the Messenger"
The messenger dies too fast?

Arachne's Shame (in Fetid Lair)  - Epic difficulty
Invisible!

-------------------------

Influence from HoN? (noticed these two entities)
« Last Edit: 10 February 2020, 00:34:01 by Groom »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BuZaGi

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #260 on: 10 February 2020, 18:42:56 »
I observed that skill mayhem in spirit tree doesn't work. I throw orb and nothing happen i tested on diffrent mobs and nothing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: 10 February 2020, 20:53:50 »
1. Skeleton (?) Archers at "River of Styx" dies too fast (low hp)?
Skeletons or ghosts (lost souls ?) I haven't changed them and they were OK in base game and SV. Maybe you just have a lot of damage that is effective against undead.

2. "Flight of the Messenger"
The messenger dies too fast?
Even in the base game, he sometimes dies. It's just part of the challenge to keep him alive, if he dies you can respawn him by going at the questgiver anyways. You'd better clean the whole map if he dies before spawning him again, that way you are sure he'll be safe.

3. Arachne's Shame (in Fetid Lair)  - Epic difficulty
Invisible!
OK, will check

These are not my work. But yes it seems that it's the same icon from Sustainer in HoN. For Meglograi, I don't see what you're referring to.

I observed that skill mayhem in spirit tree doesn't work. I throw orb and nothing happen i tested on diffrent mobs and nothing.
OK, I must have broken something during my latest tests.
However, there is another problem with Mayhem anyways, it's that converted monsters don't provide XP to the player when they die (only if they kill). This is actually one of the problems of any conversion skill. Another problem would be that converted monsters are unkillable, so you need to wait the timer before killing them, and you have nothing showing you the remaining time. In many cases, it's just slowing you down, or you take huge risks of having many monsters close to you turning against you at the worst moment.
So, either :
- I change Mayhem to make it a taunt skill, but it will look a bit like Spirit Lure. I would create a Spirit that summons many invisible entities around him (like Rune Field mines, but with taunt instead of damage). This way you may get the impression the monsters are fighting each other, or are fighting an invisible enemy. Some sort of madness.
- I change Mayhem to make it a Spirit Lure modifier, so you can summon multiple Spirit Lures (not sure that's doable), maybe with improved stats.
- I change Mayhem to make converted enemies unkillable, and for a shorter duration (not sure it's doable)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: 10 February 2020, 23:06:50 »

These are not my work. But yes it seems that it's the same icon from Sustainer in HoN. For Meglograi, I don't see what you're referring to.

Meglograi sound is from the character "Wretched hag" in Heroes of Newerth.  =)

Items missing skills or missing icons

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: 10 February 2020, 23:35:40 »
Items missing skills or missing icons
I already fixed Black Venom with Arachne's Shame (+fixed the missing boss chest). Will be in SV v1.4
Will fix Stormbane (+all other unique Atlantis swords) and Occultist Greaves as well.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2020, 23:42:04 by soa »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: 11 February 2020, 03:12:12 »
In Arachne Soul, it's stated:
+Sword Mastery

I must be blind or something, but I can't find Sword Master at neither Warfare or Defense.
Or does it mean: Axe (maybe axe and sword is/should be in same category)?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #265 on: 11 February 2020, 04:26:15 »
+Sword Mastery

I must be blind or something, but I can't find Sword Master at neither Warfare or Defense.

- Some items should give increased Weapon mastery (increased damage and attack speed when you use these weapons)
I think amgoz1 posted the exact increase somewhere on the old forum, but i dont remember them.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: 11 February 2020, 19:49:49 »
« Last Rated on: 13 February 2020, 07:06:35 »
+Sword Mastery

All characters start with every weapon mastery at level 1, that gives +0% bonus damage (for technical reasons, itís not possible to make the the weapon masteries start at level 0, thatís why you see the weapon mastery in yellow even if you donít have the appropriate weapon type equipped).

Bonuses are as follows :

Axe Mastery
+0-100% Physical damage (+5%/level)
+0-20% Pierce damage (+1%/level)
+0-40% Total damage (+2%/level)

For instance, if you have +3 to Axe Mastery, it means you have +15% Physical damage, +3% Pierce damage, +6% Total damage when wearing an Axe.
This is cumulative, so having an item with +4 and another with +2 would give you +6 (level 7) in Axe Mastery (hence +30% Phys, +6% Pierce, +12% Total)

Blunt Mastery (maces, clubs)
+0-120% Physical damage (+6%/level)

Bow Mastery
+0-60% Physical damage (+3%/level)
+0-60% Pierce damage (+3%/level)

Spear Mastery
+0-60% Physical damage (+3%/level)
+0-60% Pierce damage (+3%/level)

Staff Mastery
+0-80% Total damage (+4%/level)

Sword Mastery
+0-80% Physical damage (+4%/level)
+0-40% Pierce damage (+2%/level)

Throwing Mastery (also works with wands or any one hand ranged weapon, might as well change the name)
+0-80% Physical damage (+4%/level)
+0-40% Pierce damage (+2%/level)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: 13 February 2020, 00:57:06 »
1. What type of damage does:
"Blood Eyes"?

He has at least, energy leech and vitality damage.

Pygmalian Replicator
The disruption they do (all replicants and himself as well), locks one out of the fight.
Any advise how to defeat him as melee?
He is the only Hero I had trouble at Epic (besides Hero boss "Blood Eyes").
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: 13 February 2020, 07:05:44 by Groom »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: 13 February 2020, 20:55:47 »
1. What type of damage does:
"Blood Eyes"?

He has at least, energy leech and vitality damage.

He has :
- Throwing Knives (pierce/bleeding),
- Drain Nova like Empusas (Life Leech, Energy Leech)
- Bite attack (Vitality damage, Bleeding, % health reduction, attack converted to health)
- Deathchill Aura (reduced total speed, % health reduction)
- Bonus flat vitality and physical damage on weapon attack (always carry a spear - so has some pierce on attacks)

Pygmalian Replicator
The disruption they do (all replicants and himself as well), locks one out of the fight.

You can still hit and run, I guess. Shield Charge, a few normal hits, then go back until disruption goes off, go in with batter or War Dance, etc.
Does Colossus get dispelled with Disruption ?
You can also use Battle Standard.
And of course, Disruption resistance. Defense has some.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: 14 February 2020, 01:37:37 »

Pygmalian Replicator

You can still hit and run, I guess. Shield Charge, a few normal hits, then go back until disruption goes off, go in with batter or War Dance, etc.
Does Colossus get dispelled with Disruption ?
You can also use Battle Standard.
And of course, Disruption resistance. Defense has some.

I had 80% disruption resistance, but when all of the replicatiors gangs on you with disruption and high dmg.
It's hard to even get to the hero monster.

Would be interesting to know if others as melee have trouble vs him.
He, would for sure be easy vs casters/range.

Also, as soon as I kill a replicate he summoned another.

I will test him again later, with some levels and better equipment.  (there is lots of gear swaping for melee)     =)

-------
@soa:
I don't know if SV was intended to have relics/charms on epic/legendary gear, but it does provide a challenge not having access to it. Makes you rethink your approach on groups/heros/hero bosses).

How is your gameplay? Are you playing in Legendary and which class(es) are you playing?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal