Author Topic: Soulvizier Ragnarok  (Read 31991 times)

remanam and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Not Yet Rated!

Online soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Soulvizier Ragnarok
« Reply #210 on: 17 January 2020, 20:27:23 »
Do you mean the summoned minion/creature (Tidelurkers)?
What is supposed to be seen (if no the creature)?
The staff itself is invisible. Maybe the problem is my videocard, just equipped Tiamat sword and its also invisible.

@nargil66 What's version Soulvizier mod that you using?
Or you using it with your QoL mod (that increase inventory, it seems bigger than original).
Yeah, that feature is coming in a future version (its up to @soa to decide when).

I'll try to make in next version (1.2, not out yet) actually two versions :

1.2a for people who already played the beta (increased inventory, not caravan)
1.2b for people who didn't (increased inventory and caravan)

If you played the beta before : you load 1.2a database
So you will be able to create mules with expanded inventory to store the content of your caravans. That is temporary, for your existing characters.
After that, you install 1.2b that has expanded caravan.
After that you will need to delete some files.
And then you will be able to move the content of your mules to your expanded caravan and play normally.
I'll describe the procedure more in detail with the installation files.

For people starting to play SV in v1.2
Directly load 1.2b

Not Yet Rated!

Online soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: 17 January 2020, 20:34:20 »
How many testers you got so far? Its strange to hear that you say stop to new testers while very often everyone is lacking testers  :D

In next version, 11 or maybe 12 people (it's already more than the limit I set in the beginning). It's not definitive, if I think I need more later, or if some people don't want to to continue, I'll reopen the invitations.
I just prefer that from time to time, new people come and start fresh instead of having many testers playing in very early WIP versions and getting bored or disappointed.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just trying to do it that way for now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: 17 January 2020, 21:21:17 »
Valid point, have to agree with you. You could separate people in 2 groups, one group to test older version and one newer, so if something is missing it will be easier to notice.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Online soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: 18 January 2020, 01:42:50 »
« Last Rated on: 18 January 2020, 02:05:17 »
Version 1.2 is out and sent to all participants. The inventory and caravan size is expanded.
Finally I decided to make only one version to avoid confusion.
/!\/!\/!\ If you've already played the beta in a previous version, you need to carefully follow the instructions (see installation text file) if you don't want to lose all your caravan items /!\/!\/!\
If you're starting the beta with this version, ignore this warning, just install the files and you will get expanded inventory and caravan files right from the start.

See attached the changelog.
I haven't had time to make a .bat file for a quick switch between AE and SV.
However, it is no longer necessary to backup your template files from version 1.2 onwards. The template files with the mod are only new files and don't replace anything. You can copy them where the official templates are and leave them here, and safely play the official game with them, they won't be used anyways.
Just delete the files I gave you from version 1.1.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #214 on: 18 January 2020, 11:24:57 »
You say that Occult darklings are about to be changed... how about combining them with Shadow Grasp? What i mean is - a skill called Nether Gate, Shadow Rift or something - a big magic circle appear on the ground, and Shadow Sprites start springing from it, auto-seeking enemies and exploding in contact with them... it would be pretty cool i think. Only, im not sure if that that old bug is fixed or not, that pets of pets doesnt give experience, as @Bumbleguppy has mentioned before.
Another thing - about some vendors not selling formulas and stuff - check if there are 4 market table entries or just 3. With 3, sometimes it doesnt work, i had the same problem with the pack animals tables in EG.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2020, 11:26:55 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Online soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: 18 January 2020, 11:53:05 »
You say that Occult darklings are about to be changed... how about combining them with Shadow Grasp? What i mean is - a skill called Nether Gate, Shadow Rift or something - a big magic circle appear on the ground, and Shadow Sprites start springing from it, auto-seeking enemies and exploding in contact with them... it would be pretty cool i think. Only, im not sure if that that old bug is fixed or not, that pets of pets doesnt give experience, as @Bumbleguppy has mentioned before.
Another thing - about some vendors not selling formulas and stuff - check if there are 4 market table entries or just 3. With 3, sometimes it doesnt work, i had the same problem with the pack animals tables in EG.

Forge merchants have six entries ; they had 3 at the beginning and I noticed problems so I increased the number of tables. However mage merchants that sell arcane/scroll only have 3, I'll had 1 entry at least.

For the Occult Darklings, I just hadn't had time to try it, but I've had a lot of issues with pets of pets when making souls. I was trying to make crystal pets that behaved like mines (explode when an anemy gets close) and spawn a crystal golem after death.
It looks like when the "master" pet dies, its pets (pets of pets) turn against you no matter what you do. Declaring teams didn't work. So you need to be careful about when the pet that can also summon will die. Or make sure his summons dies when he dies. This is especially an issue when a pet has a skill that allows him to summon another pet on death.
The official game doesn't include pets of pets as far as I know, maybe there's a reason for that.
With what you describe, the summoned pets will be suicidal, and when the gate will die, summoned darklings will have to die. Two things that could be problematic is that dying darklings explosion could harm the player too if he's too close (because when the gate is dead, darklings become neutral or in the monsters team), and that XP thing. Darklings explosion with friendly fire could be a feature...

For the crystal idea, I believe the only way to circumvent it would be to create :
- an invisible, hidden, fixed and out of combat "master" pet that can summon a crystal pet where he stands
- the crystal pet would be fixed and explode when enemies are near, radius X (that one would be here only for graphical purpose, no damage).
The master pet (invisible) would need a skill with a very high cooldown (one-use) dealing damage around him with the same radius X, and a summoning skill of a crystal golem that triggers when he deals damage. This would give the illusion that the golem gets out of the exploding crystal, but its master would be an invisible pet, still alive.

Darklings could maybe a have an explosion skill they cast on contact instantly (or very close range), and die when an enemy is at this same range or 0.1 m less.
That way their death wouldn't deal damage, and after the gate death, they would only disappear without harming the player.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2020, 12:07:32 by soa »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: 18 January 2020, 13:39:54 »
Ok, another option is - a ProjectileSpawnPet skill with invisible projectile and max projectile speed. When it hits the ground, the circle effect appear and 3 to 6 shadow sprites spawn in burst, then auto-seek enemies and explode. This way they'll be normal pets from the players team. If pets of pets does not give XP, then Shadowstalkers's sprites - maybe they doesn't either? If that is the case, I'd say give the skill to the player like above or in some other way.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: 18 January 2020, 21:37:47 »
Minor Question:
During loading screen (when entering game or loading new area), the SV-logo (visible in old SV) doesn't appear on the bottom right of the screen (the standard TQ-logo appears).
Is this intended or did I miss a step installing the mod?

Possible small bug:
This necklace either (the necklace type, both appeared as drop and at shop for me):
Appear too early in the game (also, bad stats for being lvl 42?)
or
has too high lvl requirement.

Not Yet Rated!

Online soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: 18 January 2020, 22:38:41 »
Minor Question:
During loading screen (when entering game or loading new area), the SV-logo (visible in old SV) doesn't appear on the bottom right of the screen (the standard TQ-logo appears).
Is this intended or did I miss a step installing the mod?

Possible small bug:
This necklace either (the necklace type, both appeared as drop and at shop for me):
Appear too early in the game (also, bad stats for being lvl 42?)
or
has too high lvl requirement.

I haven't added back the SV logo. I don't know exactly how to do that, I would find how eventually if I spent time looking for it, but it's not my priority to add it.
Anyways it's normal if nothing shows (same thing with the main menu ; some people would like it like classic SV, I'm not opposed to that, but I think other things are more important so I spend my time working on those instead).

For the annulling prefix, it's a bug. Should be lvl 18, it will be fixed in next version.

Not Yet Rated!

Online soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: 18 January 2020, 23:23:36 »
I'd like to remake the topic to give the mod a better presentation (if possible it would replace this one and be sticky)
With some screens, a summary of the main features, etc.
If someone wants to help (not necessarily now, that's not urgent), please contact me.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: 19 January 2020, 15:19:59 »
I just want to say that I highly appreciate what you are doing.After all this time you haven't given up.Looks Soulvizier could be a thing again.
Keep up the good work guys!I wish you great success!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: 19 January 2020, 21:18:22 »
Melalos - Athens Catacombs: Too easy (low hp/resistances?)   /can't say too much regarding damage, as he fell too fast (I died in the process as well).
My char was lvl 16 (Conqueror)

2.Ignore this one.

Maybe general (main game) issue:
Items sometimes bounce too many times (takes time to see the item on the ground).
Example: Family sword of Anherro
When dropped just outside city of Rhakotis (the spot where monster holding the item). The item, for a moment, suspends in a stuttering animation until a "fixed" duriation passes.

Is it possible to lower the item drop animation (timer?), in order to see the items a bit faster? (so we don't run pass them by mistake?)

"Will of Horus" (Throw weapon) drops too frequently?
« Last Edit: 19 January 2020, 23:31:46 by Groom »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: 19 January 2020, 22:31:26 »

Both n 3 and n 4 are vanilla game issues, throwing weapons ( blues and purples) indeed drops way to often, wait until you got 5x Neith Will in one gameplay.
"Welcome to new home, be nice and strong ! "

Not Yet Rated!

Online soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: 20 January 2020, 00:29:05 »

Both n 3 and n 4 are vanilla game issues, throwing weapons ( blues and purples) indeed drops way to often, wait until you got 5x Neith Will in one gameplay.

Yes, both vanilla issues
For 3, I don't know what to do and if I can do anything.
For 4, I definitely need to do something, but it may not be so easy to fix as there are many files. This fix has been on my list for a long time.
The devs never did anything afaik regarding this issue, despite tons of requests.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BuZaGi

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #224 on: 21 January 2020, 18:17:24 »
Bone Fiend wrong name

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal