Author Topic: TQRespec: The respec tool for Titan Quest (updated 2019-07)  (Read 6696 times)

Rated 2 times
Excellent

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
TQRespec: The respec tool for Titan Quest (updated 2019-07)
« on: 22 January 2018, 02:30:30 »
« Last Rated on: 18 July 2019, 20:58:42 »
Introduction
TQRespec is a tool for Titan Quest game that helps you to change your character at any time. While this tool permits you make changes not available in game, cheating features are not available.

Download
You can download TQRespec from the releases page, here. There's no installation, just extract and run.

Requirements
This software requires Microsoft Windows 64-bit (tested with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10), Windows 32-bit is not supported. You don't need to have java or any other software installed, but if you have problems like missing dlls, check if you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2015 installed.

How to use
Before you start
Keep in mind that this software make modifications to your save game (more specifically the file Player.chr). You shouldn't modify your characters while the game is running, you can corrupt your save game. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS KEEP A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE GAME FOLDER (Documents/My Games/Titan Quest - Immortal Throne).

Running without the game installed
This application uses game data. If you want to run it on a PC that doesn't have the game installed, make sure you have a 'gamedata' directory with Database and Text resources inside it. The structure should look like this:

TQRespec/app
TQRespec/runtime
TQRespec/gamedata/Database
TQRespec/gamedata/Text
TQRespec/TQRespec.exe
Where Database and Text folders (with its contents) are copied from the game. The savegame needs to be at the same location as the game uses (Documents/My Games/...).

Use it!
Select the character you want to change. Now you can see some information like Class and Difficulty, and start to change your savegame.

Attributes
There are five attributes available to change (Health, Energy, Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity). When you decrease an attribute, you will see the number in "Available Points" increasing, and when you increase an attribute the points are automatically got from "Available Points". The number that increases in each of the attribute fields follows in game rules. In fact, you can't give more points to your character, just redistribute. So no cheat.

Skills
Now if you change to Skills tab, you will see two lists with the skills of your character. Below this lists, there are two buttons for each. The first button "Reclaim All Skills Points" will remove all points allocated on skills on that mastery and make the points available to use in game. The button "Mastery" permits you to reduce the mastery level to 1 or remove the mastery completely.

If you have a mastery on level 24 and 7 skills with points allocated, you can click on "Reclaim All Skills Points" to have the points from the 7 skills back to you. Then you click on "Mastery / Reclaim" to have 23 points back from the mastery, so you will have the mastery with just 1 point allocated, or you can click on "Mastery / Remove" to have all 24 points from mastery.

Copy your character
If you want to change the name of you character, you can type the new name in the "New save" text field then click on "Copy To" button. A new character will be created, with progress, inventory with all items, attributes, skills, etc... The only thing you will not have on the copy is the Storage.

Saving and backup
After you finish, you can click on Save. At this moment, TQRespec will make a backup of the file "Player.chr" inside a .zip in the folder "Titan Quest - Immortal Throne/SaveData/TQRespec Backup". The file "Player.chr" is where the games saves everything about the character, except the progress, transfer area and storage.

Troubleshooting
Startup
This software can fail to start if the game is not detected. Game is detected searching for Uninstall information from Windows, and data from your Steam installation. If you can't start, get the error message inside the "Show details" and open an issue. Or maybe you can find some help in the discussion at Steam Guides.

Errors and reporting
If you see an error popup while using TQRespec, click on "Show details" and copy the complete error message (called java Exception). With this exception, a developer can find exactly where the code failed. If the software is crashing and you don't get an error message, or is crashing during startup, go to Windows Explorer and find the log file called tqrespec.log inside the directory %TEMP%. The %TEMP% is the windows temporary directory for you user.

More details can be found on GitHub:
https://github.com/epinter/tqrespec
« Last Edit: 15 July 2019, 02:00:47 by epinter »

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: TQRespec: A respec tool for Titan Quest (all versions)
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2019, 21:57:02 »
« Last Rated on: 15 July 2019, 18:34:30 »
Hi
Nice tool for the Vanilla section (non-mods).

But as I'm playing the mod "Paths" https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-paths-mod/ ,
Is it possible to change number of attributes distributed per (unallocated) point?

From the release notes:
"óGain 16 attribute points per level instead of 2 (each attribute point increases an attribute by 1)."

And each point in Health/Mana gives 5 HP/Mana.

Thanks in advance
Groom

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Yokoshima

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: TQRespec: A respec tool for Titan Quest (all versions)
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2019, 05:40:23 »
« Last Rated on: 15 July 2019, 18:34:39 »
THANK YOU! I was playing a guy with a friend and there are two paths I want to explore, one solo and one with him. Now I can just copy my guy and save a lot of time.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TQRespec: The respec tool for Titan Quest (updated 2019-07)
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2019, 02:03:16 »
New version is available, with skills and mastery respec. Mod support is planned, I hope I can release this feature soon.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline icefreeze

• ??
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2019, 04:47:48 »
« Last Rated on: 15 July 2019, 18:34:09 »
Sadly i can't use new version of tqrespec, 0.6.1 too.
It shows this error notice:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading database.
   at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.tqdata.Db.initialize(Unknown Source)
   at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.Main$2.call(Unknown Source)
   at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Game path not detected
   at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.tqdata.GameInfo.getGamePath(Unknown Source)
   ... 6 more
I'm still using v0.2.1  :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2019, 13:53:41 »
Sadly i can't use new version of tqrespec, 0.6.1 too.
It shows this error notice:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading database.
   at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.tqdata.Db.initialize(Unknown Source)
   at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Game path not detected
   at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.tqdata.GameInfo.getGamePath(Unknown Source)
   ... 6 more
I'm still using v0.2.1  :D

The game is installed through Steam ? Can you post the full path of you game installation, and the contents of libraryfolders.vdf (can be found under "SteamApps/common".

The path is detected this way:
1. Uninstall information from windows registry
2. Steam Libraryfolders.vdf (in 0.2.1, I was using config.vdf instead)
3. Gog

Test this build:
https://mega.nz/#!dJMBHSZb!dB3gOqPi7YZikgpGEbXI-on3isBCXRyXx0MdvbhYeVc
« Last Edit: 15 July 2019, 14:04:42 by epinter »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline MedeaFleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2019, 19:25:30 »
He uses a pirated copy of the game epinter so not sure you'd be able to fix the problem for that.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2019, 19:38:53 »
He uses a pirated copy of the game epinter so not sure you'd be able to fix the problem for that.

These pirated copies that are based on steam uses weird ways to handle game path in registry. I don't want to implement an option to force path, I will try to detect it as a fallback. Anyway, as a last resort, the application supports running without the game installed like described in readme (copying database and text).

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline icefreeze

• ??
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2019, 20:32:08 »
« Last Rated on: 15 July 2019, 20:56:07 »
Yeah, the last build (0715.4) works.
Thanks for your great work  ;D!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2019, 20:55:59 »
Yeah, the last build (0715.4) works.
Thanks for your great work  ;D!

I appreciate your help, icefreeze. Thanks for the contribution!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 10 September 2019, 13:31:26 »
As neither TQDefiler nor GDDefiler are working properly with the current TQ AE I wanted to try TQRespec. However when I start it (version 0.7.2) it presents a message box telling me that the game is running and I need to close it. The game isn't running so there is nothing to close.
Maybe related - in TQRespec I can see my characters in the dropdown list but when I select one nothing happens. Neither attributes nor skills are populated with data.

Is there any way to fix these issues? I'm using the GoG version 2.8b of TQ AE with Ragnarok and Atlantis on Windows 7 x64 (up-to-date patches).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -1
« Reply #11 on: 11 September 2019, 03:22:56 »
try the AE version of the defiler. dont update when it asks and reallocate that way. just make sure to make a backup of your savedata first.
My mods and some other mods

https://mega.nz/#F!v5tGhawJ!BeMd_SSWpWZAeG4h3F2YFg

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Database needs to have that long name (or change folder name)

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 11 September 2019, 03:49:10 »
As neither TQDefiler nor GDDefiler are working properly with the current TQ AE I wanted to try TQRespec. However when I start it (version 0.7.2) it presents a message box telling me that the game is running and I need to close it. The game isn't running so there is nothing to close.
Maybe related - in TQRespec I can see my characters in the dropdown list but when I select one nothing happens. Neither attributes nor skills are populated with data.

Is there any way to fix these issues? I'm using the GoG version 2.8b of TQ AE with Ragnarok and Atlantis on Windows 7 x64 (up-to-date patches).

Don't run TQRespec from game folder, keep at another place. The game detection searches for any .exe from game folder.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline MedeaFleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 11 September 2019, 07:18:55 »
try the AE version of the defiler. dont update when it asks and reallocate that way. just make sure to make a backup of your savedata first.

There's an AE version of the Defiler?  ???

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 11 September 2019, 09:28:49 »
Don't run TQRespec from game folder, keep at another place. The game detection searches for any .exe from game folder.
Now that is interesting! I had TQRespec in a separate "Tools\TQ Respec" folder below the "Titan Quest AE" folder, just like other tools that I need to mod the game. Now I moved TQRespec to a separate partition and it runs fine. The issue with character selection is gone too. Thank you for the quick help and the tool itself. :)

There's an AE version of the Defiler?  ???
I was wondering the same. All I could download from Soulseekkor's site is "TQDefiler DotNet 1.3.9" and I still have "TQDefiler VB 3.4.5". The DotNet version crashes with a Stack Overflow error when loading Ragnarok characters and the VB version is so old that it doesn't support the new masteries and levels but at least it doesn't crash.

Tags: