Author Topic: Oracle help - ps4 - anniversary edition  (Read 5530 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Oracle help - ps4 - anniversary edition
« on: 12 June 2019, 17:05:22 »
Hi so I am fairly new to the game. I just started epic on my level 42 oracle. She uses tenion build with lich. On the ps 4 , the pets rarely get any aggro. So I am constantly running as mobs run after me. I like the damage on this build, but I shoot tenion slow. I feel too squishy. Is there any gear and /or skills that could help me survive longer? How do I shoot tenion faster? It seems faster cast items don’t work. Should I stop using tenion altogether?

I am using this guide
https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-oracle-guide/

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Oracle help - ps4 - anniversary edition
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2019, 21:21:15 »
it's about 8 yrs since i last played a ternion build lelz

so the problems are you shoot slow and you feel squishy.. that's actually the usual problems of ternion oracles.. and that also goes hand in hand.. the usual practice is you steal life faster than you take damage

also, the usual practice of TQers in general is 400 DA late normal, 800 DA late epic, and 1k DA in legendary.. unfortunately, neither spirit nor storm gives any boost to DA.. but still, try to follow that formula because other than squall and deathchill, DA is your only form of defense

so back to life steal, that's actually "attack damage converted to health".. the easiest you can find that is through " of the devouring" weapon or Anubis wrath relic.. if what you have is "of the devouring", socket that with Achilles relic.. if what you have is a staff with attack speed, socket that with Anubis wrath relic.. in both cases, try to complete the relic on the weapon, not in inventory.. if the completion bonus is the same as in PC, you should get attack speed bonus

i know storm nimbus was recommended to be maxed but at your level, you only need 1pt on that.. all you need is eye of the storm and either static charge or heart of frost, depending on whether your staff is lightning based or cold based.. I'll go with this

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc6eba6eba6eba.html?mastery=Oracle&master1=2&master2=8&sa=7&m1=32-1-0-12-1-0-1-0-0-1-1-6-1-0-1-0-1-0-1-1-1-0&m2=32-0-1-1-0-1-1-0-12-1-0-0-1-12-1-0-1-1-0-8-1-0

again, if your staff is lighting based, max static charge.. if cold based, max heart of frost.. but what you look at is either a green staff with attack speed, or a green staff with attack damage converted to health.. if you find a blue staff with both, you're lucky.. but choose only lightning or cold, not fire

definitely max squall, then later max obscured visibility.. of all the masteries, storm is the best equipped to take on archers, all because of squall

edit: i know freezing blast is usually ignored by people but i like it.. it's a good panic skill when you get surrounded, and it's also very good against Dactyl.. it's a 1pt wonder

edit 2:
and
welcome
to
the
forum
« Last Edit: 12 June 2019, 21:38:55 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2019, 22:37:32 »
 ;D

What is da? So, should I be using increased attack speed for ternion or increased projectile speed on my items? Thanks so much for the replies. Is this build viable in legendary?

The reason I chose this build is because I read somewhere that ternion is the best damage for a caster , but I didn’t realize the pet won’t tank , until playing it. I don’t think there is a way to send the pet into battle on ps 4. You must attack first or run into battle.

I also didn’t realize there was a nerf to ternion, the guide says u get +5% damage with max ternion, I get -20% damage with it maxed.

I’m using a blue staff called Iklesis or something similar, but I don’t think it has any damage to life. I will shop around and look :) the gear I’m finding doesn’t seem to be the greatest. Since I’m on ps4 , I cannot use mods I don’t think.

Ifthis build doesn’t work for legendary very well, what is the least item dependant build for the first play through to farm legendary?

Lastly, every post I make requires a difficult verifications. Does that ever go away?

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2019, 00:41:47 »
« Last Rated on: 13 June 2019, 02:45:06 »
DA is defensive ability.. check the 2nd page of your character tab.. attack speed.. you should get attack speed.. if you find increased projectile speed, it's just a bonus.. but attack speed takes priority.. one of the reasons why i don't like ternion.. if it scales with cast speed instead, it would've been easier.. other reason is you are stuck with a staff, so 9 items only instead of 10

but yes ternion should be viable till endgame

The reason I chose this build is because I read somewhere that ternion is the best damage for a caster
some people say that.. doesn't mean everyone has to agree :)   .. it's not even a caster in my book.. you don't even cast ternion and it doesn't scale with cast speed.. but i could call it a mage since it deals ele damage

the best DPS i have played is maybe rogue/storm throwing knife build

ternion damage will be 0% at max lvl +4 all skills.. for a 1st playthrough, i would shoot for stonebinders cuffs.. some people might not recommend it since it has high dex requirement.. but for self-farmed toons, it's one of the best you can farm that you have a good chance of getting

https://www.gog.com/forum/titan_quest_anniversary_edition/farming_for_stonebinders_cuffs

look at merchants also, sometimes you can find good green staves there.. also jewelries

post verifications will go away after 5 or 10 posts, can't remember
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2019, 02:47:31 »
Thank you so much , very helpful :)

Do you think it’s better to switch my build to a lighting chain , ice shard build ? I see it is hard to find caster gear with attack speed.. is it better to use ternion or spells for my build?

Also the squall and devourer staff helped abit ty again :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2019, 06:18:27 »
So, I’m on act 3 epic, I can kill fast, but the problem is my resistances and da are low. Green items don’t seem to give enough resistances and da. I’m curious how do people get to 800 da by the end of epic, im at 370..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #6 on: 14 June 2019, 06:51:33 »
I don't know how you're spending your attribute points, but I always go 1:1 Int:Dex when playing a caster/mage character, 1:1 Str:Dex when going melee/ranged.  I put points into Dex because even as a caster I tend to end up in the middle of a fight and dex helps raise your DA, or at least it used to in the disc version of the game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2019, 12:27:20 »
Thanks! So how do people balance all the resistances? I’m at -10 for most

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #8 on: 14 June 2019, 12:37:18 »
Better gear and relics/charms that give better resistance numbers.  These come in 3 types, one for each difficulty. So for example Pristine Plumage gives 20% poison resistance with the Normal difficulty one, Epic is 30% and Legendary will give 40%.  The completion bonus could also roll with more poison resistance if you're lucky.  Artifacts can also give resistance boosts.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 14 June 2019, 13:34:28 »
-10% isnt that bad, focus first on casters type monster and you wil be fine.

For Helping on your resistance, collecting charms and enchants in good yellows or green itens. Also epic and legendary itens can boost resistances as well, when you get then. RNG sometimes can be a pain  :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 19 June 2019, 01:42:51 »
At level 56 I can’t kill act 3 epic telekine boss. The monsters on the way do too much damage as well, I die a lot. I can’t seem to get more then 440 af and my resistances suck. I try farming act 2 telekine s and he drops level 35-40 items. Items that are worse then my greens. I feel like I am stuck in the game.  So how do u farm for gear to continue ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 19 June 2019, 02:51:17 »
if you are open to cheesing, you can respec to lightning bolt temporarily again.. then don't come down to telkine.. drop lightning bolts from above

the lvl requirements in this game is not to be trusted.. there are items with 20+ lvl req but have over 400 str req.. then there are items with 400 int req but no lvl req at all

the monsters before telkine, meaning Dragonians.. trust me there are hundreds of us who have died there multiple times.. one of the most difficult areas in the game

I'm actually surprised you did not mention barmanu.. have you gone through barmanu?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 19 June 2019, 02:56:48 »
Yes those draganiarns ! They are awful .  I don’t think I can do that on ps4 .. hehe I tried running back and forth and nothing worked

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal