Author Topic: Hi! Some newbie questions and stat suggestion  (Read 11017 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Hi! Some newbie questions and stat suggestion
« Reply #15 on: 20 July 2018, 20:38:23 »
about resistance, pierce/vitality beside of fire/ice/lighting are the ones need be improved in later dificulties, poison more-less.

So i should probably ditch my +1 all skill blue chest in favor of the other blue chest i found? forgot it's name but it had like 200 da 175 health 65+ priece resistance and some more. Pretty neat chest.

it would be better, late game archers hurt, alot
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2018, 21:46:24 »
Coming from POE

-Nothing will happen if you fail.

That character might be beyond salvaging though If you want it to be full summoner, that means using jewellery with pet damage only, and staves with pet damage, these will be common yellow items until legendary, then rare. Highest stat requirement of these is 640 int. No way you are going to be ready for that after investing anything in strength  :) Actually, you might not be able to even if you went 3 : 1 or 2 : 1, like you should have. Buids in TQ use stats to scale damage, but summoner uses none of them. A caster will be usng %int items naturally, for dps. And fill the requirements just by using them.

A character like yours not scaling int seriously but needing lots of it for requirements will still, probably, be using %int gear, or requirements reduction gear, just to be able to eqip their top end items.  :)
Guess what, points in strength will sill not help you reach it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 20 July 2018, 22:09:49 »
"Even if all done properly you will have to use other items just to be able to use your best items"  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Melancholia

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #18 on: 20 July 2018, 22:36:17 »
Coming from POE

-Nothing will happen if you fail.

That character might be beyond salvaging though If you want it to be full summoner, that means using jewellery with pet damage only, and staves with pet damage, these will be common yellow items until legendary, then rare. Highest stat requirement of these is 640 int. No way you are going to be ready for that after investing anything in strength  :) Actually, you might not be able to even if you went 3 : 1 or 2 : 1, like you should have. Buids in TQ use stats to scale damage, but summoner uses none of them. A caster will be usng %int items naturally, for dps. And fill the requirements just by using them.

A character like yours not scaling int seriously but needing lots of it for requirements will still, probably, be using %int gear, or requirements reduction gear, just to be able to eqip their top end items.  :)
Guess what, points in strength will sill not help you reach it.

Hmm i do have some gear that gives str so i didnt invest that much into it, maybe 10 points or so early levels because i couln't use anything, or so i thought :p
Ye i'll continue this char and see where it takes me, i'm sure ill be playing more builds.
Though i did some googling earlier now that i wont spoil myself doing so, it seems like highest int is 540 or so i read? and dex 280 or was it 380.. hmm for the stone binder cuffs.. im using those atm the normal version. Going to try farm the epic ones tonight.
But i guess i'll dump my points into int for time being to ensure i'll be able to eq most staffs. Maybe not the best ones but we'll see. :)

Which actually leads me to a question. Is there any facetanking storm build out there focusing on retaliation dmg? I could see that being fun, due storm have many procs and stuff, and most of my epic gear so far is tons of retaliation dmg and such. Basically shields / throwing / generic armor items is what i've found the most. Barely any caster stuff other than what i'm wearing.
Would be fun playing some tanky melee build with a lot of focus on procs. Atleast it sounds fun.

As for pet gear, i'm using rings/amulet atm and a blue helmet giving 200 hp 10% speed to pet, and helmet is quite good.
I want to use a pet staff too but ivent found any good ones yet. atm im using a blue one with tons of resists, which is why my resists are pretty good atm. Pretty defensive staff. Also does vitality dmg and 40% chance to nuke their hp. Kinda like plague does.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 20 July 2018, 23:01:16 »
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=439.msg4541#msg4541

There is my character that should count for a full time summoner. I don't remember what I was doing there with stats exactly, but its roughly 1 : 2. More dex to try to get more defensive ability, or so I thought. She's actually using a different staff that is on page 2 in same thread, with 585 int prereq. Which is only possible because of reduced requirements enchancement on helm. Had it not been there, I'd have to find another way just to equip it

640 int is the highest requirement on staves from act 5 legendary. You might just happen to drop your best pet stats on one of these.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 20 July 2018, 23:23:26 »
As for retaliation as a build, that must be most boring strategy possible in this game  :). People did that as proof of concept on a templar but it must have been terrible  :).

You can still use reflect for fun and support on other builds though. Templar mastery has 2 skills granting damage reflect. With a few more items like golem's heart and archimedes mirror it can be made into generic melee physical build with just some reflect for fun. Strong archers will occasionally shoot themselves to death

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 21 July 2018, 00:12:00 »
Failing and deleting your first character isn't something out of ordinary, they aren't meant to be played long in this game anyway. When the story ends, its usually over

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Melancholia

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #22 on: 22 July 2018, 00:21:58 »
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=439.msg4541#msg4541

There is my character that should count for a full time summoner. I don't remember what I was doing there with stats exactly, but its roughly 1 : 2. More dex to try to get more defensive ability, or so I thought. She's actually using a different staff that is on page 2 in same thread, with 585 int prereq. Which is only possible because of reduced requirements enchancement on helm. Had it not been there, I'd have to find another way just to equip it

640 int is the highest requirement on staves from act 5 legendary. You might just happen to drop your best pet stats on one of these.

You might be right in terms of my char is a dud, in stats.
Farmed the +2 skill gloves and i couln't use them until i did some adjustments to charms as well as adding some more dex/str Might be a bad move, but i feel like these gloves will last me a long time just like the normal version did. Which i found first round, epic pair i did like uhm 30+ runs or so, good exp i guess.. :p
Current gear and stats:

Doing very well so far, but i guess legendary will eat me up, due my misshaps, we'll see. :)
Reason why i'm farming / taking it slow is due i wanna go in with a hardcore mindset which is usualy my thing. And since this game only have achivements for that, my goal is complete the game without dying.

Though i'm tempted to make some kind of throwing build i keep finding purple items for thrown...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 22 July 2018, 12:45:58 »
Oh that is stonebinders. It will be very difficult to meet all requirements in current game if you want to use them. It was possible before anniversary, but when it was released requirements on gear were rebalanced and went up. Currently legendary stonebinders need 425 dex. My character does not have that even. Though it is a ritualist and dream mastery gives no dex. Maybe with your masteries its actually possible, but you will have to use two items with int or reduced requirements instead of one. Which will take from other things like resistances and DA.

Simplest way to improve int is with %int %mana items, and simplest of these are rings. But summoners have ring slots occupied with pet jewellery already. Summoners do not seem like builds short on stats but they are - in anniversary.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal