Author Topic: How many times have you been killed by Toxeus?  (Read 19392 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: How many times have you been killed by Toxeus?
« Reply #15 on: 16 November 2017, 23:01:33 »
Is there any mythological background on Toxeus? Or was he just made up by the devs as a way to screw around with the players?
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2017, 00:18:11 »
he do have a myth ingame, killing wanna be heroes  8)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2017, 00:41:54 »
 Well, yes O0 but I meant Greek myths/etc. :P
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2017, 01:03:00 »
Well, yes O0 but I meant Greek myths/etc. :P
a little Google search

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxeus

but you see, it's a little weird in-game.. as far as i know there are no undeads in Greek myth.. they have underworld creatures and deities.. but zombies and skeletal warriors? i haven't read of any.. and i like Greek myths.. satyrs are viewed as good creatures in Greek mythology. Romans see them as bad creatures.. but this is Greek mythology.. if this is Roman, it should be Ares saying the words "hail mighty hero" when you kill typhon.. typhon the titan, not you  >:D
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 05 December 2017, 00:44:22 »
I only played HC and deleted toons when I got a "1". So I do remember distinctly. I'd say around 7-8 that I can distinctly remember. Other encounters I ran away from obviously.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Autentist

• Vanguard of Humanity
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 05 December 2017, 11:29:02 »
Only played Tempar, Haruspex and Conqueror, so... actually none.

Several times I also went there with powerful partner, basically waiting it out instead.
Burn the heretics.
Slay mutants.
Kill beasts.
Survive, adapt, exterminate the unholy.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 07 December 2017, 05:15:33 »
but you see, it's a little weird in-game.. as far as i know there are no undeads in Greek myth.. they have underworld creatures and deities.. but zombies and skeletal warriors? i haven't read of any.. and i like Greek myths..

I'm thinking in exact same way. Skeletons doesn't fit greek myths, ghosts maybe, but skeletons? Unless you are a hardcore DnD fan, and im not. I have thought before to replace all skeletons in deities with ghosts/wraiths and who knows, maybe when the mod is more complete...

On the topic - I have been killed by Toxeus several times, but not in vanilla, in Soulvizier. He was an Egypt uber hero there. Really nasty one.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 10 April 2018, 18:48:03 »
It's weird how Toxeus has been notorious even pre-IT, yet I've never had any real trouble with either Toxeus. It seems to be somewhat character specific at least.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zjapper

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 21 July 2019, 06:40:21 »
He owned me several times back in the days when i was still new to TQ.
But i must admit that i haven't had any troubles with him in many yeas, as i know what i'm about to face, so i always show up well prepared.

Regarding the greek myths and skeletons.
I agree that skeletons might not be the first thing i think of when people mention the old greek.
But then again, there is Egypt, the ancient orient and then Hades where skeletons def belong.

The Santa claus costume is on the other hand highly debateble imo.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2019, 15:16:49 »
Skelletons are the common foe  found in any game, because  they can fit perfectly without much myth behind. Same as  spiders

In terms of modding creatures, one of best thing about skelletons or anykind of common monster, is you can transform in something different and unique
« Last Edit: 21 July 2019, 15:24:37 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -1
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2019, 20:33:13 »
Toxeus the Murderer.

Showed up in the Mino maze on epic. I quickly realized after several attempts that i should just reload the game.
My mods and some other mods

https://mega.nz/#F!v5tGhawJ!BeMd_SSWpWZAeG4h3F2YFg

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Database needs to have that long name (or change folder name)

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #26 on: 21 July 2019, 21:02:56 »
Yeah, he's nasty and best avoided.  Medierra said in a stream back in 2013 that although he doesn't have that much health he does use all the skill slots the game allows - something like 15-20 of them. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zjapper

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 22 July 2019, 03:19:14 »
Skelletons are the common foe  found in any game, because  they can fit perfectly without much myth behind. Same as  spiders

In terms of modding creatures, one of best thing about skelletons or anykind of common monster, is you can transform in something different and unique

True, they are indeed great allrounders.

About Toxeus random spawning, i've actually only met him 3 times outside of the secret passage in my long time playing this game.
Quickly switched to a lower dmg weapon, as his "Damage reflected" skills are the most annoying imo.

I do the same with the Titan from time to time depending on my chars current equipment/stats/skills.
Using a low lvl bow and killing him from great distance if i feel like my char is on risk of getting murdered.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline idbeholdME

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 02 March 2023, 00:12:12 »
Encountered him today in the Minoan Labyrinth on my level 59 pet Soothsayer in Legendary. TQ+IT. Definitely a nasty surprise. Lived through his initial burst only thanks to having 8K HP and Spirit Ward, before I realized it was Him, the dread himself :P

Nothing a bit of kiting wouldn't fix, but the main problem was that he has some form of AoE life leech. Seems it's on his fan of knives. Several times, he was nearly dead or at least below 50% health, then he cast knives, hit all my summons and insta-healed to full. He tanked through the Outsider, 3 Wolves, Liche and the Nymph that way. Ultimately had to aggro him myself so he wasn't always surrounded by the summons, which couldn't out DPS him and then, mostly my Liche with his unavoidable attack slowly wore him down while he was chasing me around, with an occasional bite from a wolf, when they could catch up to him while he was Plagued. All I did was run around without stopping, only casting Plague, Refresh, Briar Ward and Dark Covenant whenever he whiffed an attack while chasing me. Once I luckily got him locked inside a Briar Ward, it was over for him. He seems hellbent on chasing you down once aggroed so he had a lot of trouble doing anything inside the Briar Ward while also surrounded by 3 Wolves, always just trying to run at me and not fighting. In the future, I will only summon the Outsider once Toxeus is aggroed on me, should make it much easier.

Before, I only met him once on my Conqueror and he got steamrolled. Just popped Colossus and downed him nearly instantly due to his low health and the massive absorption on the Colossus form.

So my death count against him is still at zero. But encountering him as a pure caster must be an absolute pain. No idea what I'd do in that case.

He's definitely up there as far as threats in this game go. The only thing worse than him that comes to mind are the Gigantes Dactyls, who spam one hit KO wave attacks with 2 second cooldown. Any melee class that does not include Defender might as well just quit the game and reload the session :P. Not even Toxeus is that bad.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2023, 23:10:21 by idbeholdME »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal