Author Topic: Shadow Champions (Mastery Mod) - WNG  (Read 137785 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [WIP] Shadow Champions (Mastery Mod) - WNG
« Reply #60 on: 31 March 2019, 09:32:45 »
Great custom items there WNG, the re-colouring detail is well done and the last two especially give me Diablo 2 vibes  :D  Also like that the stats are generous but not too over the top - more in keeping with vanilla in a way. 

Some critique: Perhaps consider changing the item text colouring? That dull red is difficult to see
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #61 on: 31 March 2019, 21:06:58 »
Great custom items there WNG, the re-colouring detail is well done and the last two especially give me Diablo 2 vibes  :D  Also like that the stats are generous but not too over the top - more in keeping with vanilla in a way. 

Some critique: Perhaps consider changing the item text colouring? That dull red is difficult to see

Thank you. In-game it doesn't look as bad but could use some improvement perhaps. I wanted to keep a darker color like the MIs, that hasn't been taken and that is readable. There was some dark-blue and black IIRC that were awful (obviously.) I could certainly try to find a more fitting color.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: 07 April 2019, 13:14:33 »
Weekly update.

Implemented Arachnos', Ratman's and Dune Raider's monster legendaries, along with a few new heroes.

I am strongly considering adding a secret passage that features the members of the forum, accessible with keys scattered around the map.

Also balanced a great number of the skills in many masteries.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: 13 April 2019, 06:30:48 »
Weekly update.

Added more Monster Legendaries and Uniques. Nearing 100 new custom items added.

Can't advance on masteries until I finish other more serious college-related projects. Adding items is the best I can do currently, but it's progress nonetheless.

As mentionned earlier, I'm thinking of adding a secret passage featuring the members of the forum. Can't quite begin its creation right now, but I will certainly add it when time comes. If you want to be in it, let me know under which monster you want to appear.

Working on adding descriptions to all skills from Ragnarok items (which previously had none.)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: 20 April 2019, 03:44:26 »
Weekly update.

Added a lot of items to play with. Officially broke the 100-items barrier.

Began to design the secret passage quest. It is planned to require more efforts than Primerose to finish.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: 26 April 2019, 02:18:57 »
Early weekly update.

The busy weekend ahead suggests that I'll have little time to work on the mod, if any.

Rest assured though, multiple changes regarding ALL masteries are in the working. Depending of the mastery, the changes will be small or huge. Will tell more about those once anything practical is done.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline anl93

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #66 on: 30 April 2019, 08:39:50 »
More summoner classes please :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: 30 April 2019, 16:29:42 »
I know people love pets. I will surely try to give a good place to petmancers.

If that's any consoloation, there will be more items that grant pets. Might make the game chaotic, but I'll see.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline anl93

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #68 on: 30 April 2019, 20:05:03 »
I know people love pets. I will surely try to give a good place to petmancers.

If that's any consoloation, there will be more items that grant pets. Might make the game chaotic, but I'll see.
one or two petmancer classes should be suffice i think and yes i agree its hard to make a balanced pet master class. either game became very easy or challenging.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: 02 May 2019, 01:18:15 »
I've been working on new stuff lately, but wouldn't feel comfortable by pushing anything further without asking your feedback. It's really important for me.

This is the pile of new items so far, there's 100+ in there. And it grows quickly ^^
Spoiler for Hiden:

I've played with pet items, and made one that makes you feel like the Spider Queen. The spiders throw sticky web at enemies too.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

New leg armor with casting speed.
Spoiler for Hiden:

A cool-looking torso armor, probably was intended to be used by satyrs by the devs, but was trashed. I revived it!
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

A great ring for petmasters.
Spoiler for Hiden:

A beautiful shield with a hardy-like aura.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

A knife for speed >:) I can think of many uses for this one...
Spoiler for Hiden:

The red crest of hypnos :0
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: 02 May 2019, 10:28:34 »
Nice pile of itens you got over here W.N.G :)

I like the Flagbearer torso looks.

About the spectral spiders summons, since they are 3x of then , maybe reducing their size ? For what i can see in the picture they are same/bigger than 1sts Satyrs. Hows they moviment speed ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: 03 May 2019, 13:01:10 »
|'>'|/
After discussing it more clearly, WNG and I have decided to expand my role in the creation of Shadow Champions, I'll be more invested in balancing the values of skills and items, as well as playtesting of what we add and change (also proofreading). Only from theoretical side, I can't actually implement it into the game myself :p. There are a lot of changes and additions coming, to make it fresh, but still true to the original tq we all love, making sure it's really something we can be proud of, share and enjoy for a long time.

We're in for an overhaul of all masteries, lots of brainstorming ahead. Hopefully we can provide more updates soon to get a wider view of what needs fixing from your perspective. Perhaps skill presentations in video form too, look forward to it.

After implementing the most crucial changes as well as 9th and 10th masteries, the mod will require more feedback from people, if it would interest any of you, please contact WNG directly or write it here, it would be very appreciated as well as necessary for overall making it less biased and enjoyable for all playstyles / mod difficulties. WNG will be sure to include an item or a hero monster in your honour ^u^

Cheers
~Tor

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: 03 May 2019, 13:47:17 »
Yes, as Torstein said, lots of stuff is in the working and many more updates regarding the masteries are to come. We'll make sure to make all of them compelling and balanced.

Nice pile of itens you got over here W.N.G :)

I like the Flagbearer torso looks.

About the spectral spiders summons, since they are 3x of then , maybe reducing their size ? For what i can see in the picture they are same/bigger than 1sts Satyrs. Hows they moviment speed ?

I'm glad you liked them ^^

I don't recall tweaking the spiders' scale or speed  ???. It should be the same as Arachne's spiders.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: 03 May 2019, 14:30:01 »
I'm glad you liked them ^^

I don't recall tweaking the spiders' scale or speed  ???. It should be the same as Arachne's spiders.

ah okay, they are semi fasted then :)

im keepting my eye in your´s work/progress. If i finish my project fast enought, iam happply to help you in testing/feedback
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: 08 May 2019, 00:55:51 »
~Another update and a question:

The general overhaul is progressing well, we're almost at 4/10 masteries. The ideas behind each mastery will stay the same (except for archery, which is going to support more than bows), however many skills have already been re-planned. The mastery bar will be extended to 7 tiers, and with that each mastery will have more skills to choose from. It should allow for more diversity within each tree.

It's worth mentioning that beside adding new items, Shadow Champions will also revisit all of the existing ones, that includes buffing, nerfing, changing/fixing the drop rates, and implementing skills onto items. New stuff is kewl, but so is making the trash drops not so trashy.

The secret passage has gotten some progress too. The keyholders are well-hidden, and might be a bit tricky to deal with.

So here's the question: what sort of skill would you like to see on an item? Includes all:
-MI / uniques
-granted / proc / pets

It could be a skill from the vanilla masteries, from a monster/boss, or something fancy.
Would gladly see some of your ideas, just remember to stay within the realm of sanity, i.e. no summons 3 dactyls (like a certain Tor likes to suggest)
Do mention it's utility and why you want to see it in action :3

Example : A legendary shield with lvl 5 Trance of Empathy, so that I can have an army of reflective skeletons :>

- Tor & WNG
« Last Edit: 10 May 2019, 01:09:52 by Torstein159 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal