Author Topic: Shadow Champions (Mastery Mod) - WNG  (Read 137029 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [WIP] Shadow Champions (Mastery Mod) - WNG
« Reply #75 on: 08 May 2019, 13:05:01 »
3x ideias from top of my head

Plague fist- unique skill : Venon poll ( cast a poison cloud that decrease your enemys poison resistance and deals dot dmg), the skill visual could be the Arachne poison cloud but with more radius our melinoes blood pool but in green  colour.

Scepter of the Shadow King- unique skill - Vengence ( in every AA have a % to sumon a shadow warrior to fight at your side for 3-5 secs), the skill visual effect is a skelleton/zombie with a dark glow ( assisn/warfare type)

Soul Feast- Unique skill - The never ending hunger - In every 20-30 secs in every attck have a chance to cast a huge aura that drains hp/mana from enemys near your.

Why those skils ? Hard to explain but , 1st will make those unique be more interesting and 2nd will help sustain your build path
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: 08 May 2019, 19:50:06 »
Plague fist- unique skill : Venon poll ( cast a poison cloud that decrease your enemys poison resistance and deals dot dmg), the skill visual could be the Arachne poison cloud but with more radius our melinoes blood pool but in green  colour.
Green, poisonous blood boil with -res sounds nice indeed. Maybe it would fit better on the axe Pytho/Scorpion's Tail spear? What do you think?

Scepter of the Shadow King- unique skill - Vengence ( in every AA have a % to sumon a shadow warrior to fight at your side for 3-5 secs), the skill visual effect is a skelleton/zombie with a dark glow ( assisn/warfare type)
Make it into a Key of Elysium? Haha, I think the scepter is amazing as it is, but more pet-summoning items are a must ^^;

Soul Feast is a very low lvl item, but something like Spirit Thief with life/energy leech could work well, perhaps on a staff?

Thank you sauruz for the ideas

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: 08 May 2019, 22:17:44 »
Green, poisonous blood boil with -res sounds nice indeed. Maybe it would fit better on the axe Pytho/Scorpion's Tail spear? What do you think?

Scorpion Tail fits better indeed, i only looked at blugeons so far

Make it into a Key of Elysium? Haha, I think the scepter is amazing as it is, but more pet-summoning items are a must ^^;

Key of Elysium can summon a elysium spirit hero, but i think the game needs more option to summon some evil guys :p

Soul Feast is a very low lvl item, but something like Spirit Thief with life/energy leech could work well, perhaps on a staff?

Ups i complety forget it was low lv, another melle weapon type can work, staff mhm, the skill suits better for melle users

Thank you sauruz for the ideas

My pleasure! When i got more free time i will get more ideias
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: 09 May 2019, 02:02:05 »
Interesting ideas  :)

Imo low level unique items like Plague Feast, Soul Feast, Teslos, Smiths Hammer etc need a buff/skill to be more useful. We seem to shrug off the early game in favour of late game but itd be good to have more options here.
Dunno about you guys but I get bored of using a Deathweavers Legtip, obtained super easily from the Fetid Lair, which can easily carry me right though to act 3  :P

An idea I had - The Labyrinthine set: add a charge skill like the minotaurs have to one of the pieces ..or a chance to cast the ground fury skill they use

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: 09 May 2019, 15:54:51 »
We seem to shrug off the early game in favour of late game but itd be good to have more options here.

An idea I had - The Labyrinthine set: add a charge skill like the minotaurs have to one of the pieces ..or a chance to cast the ground fury skill they use

That is true, but I think most spend a larger portion of their playtime in the 'endgame'. It's improbable to make each and every item useful, so I'd say it's better to focus more on higher level items, and do the necessary ones in normal difficulty. I like the idea of rediscovering the game this way, when we change the trash drops. You'd normally not even bother picking some up, because you know they're useless, so I want to see something like Abyssal set drop, and no longer run past it or get disappointed ^^

Ahaha, I was going to suggest adding it to either Kinslay or Bracers of the Minotaur, Barbarism's Earthshock. Labyrinthine set could use something special too, nw.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #80 on: 10 May 2019, 01:09:55 »
We definetly want skills on unique items to be more common, so your character has a complete arsenal to work with >:)

It will take a while to add one to so many items, but it's worth the hassle if you ask me.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: 16 May 2019, 15:20:38 »
So as many of you may or may not know, the Atlantis expansion is causing a lot of trouble to us modders who had work from pre-Atlantis. For that reason, I'm not implementing anything more until I the devs do something about the issues.

Besides, we're now 3 working heavily on the overhaul of vanilla/new items and the masteries as well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #82 on: 16 May 2019, 17:48:15 »
Does Atlantis affect game users who doesn't have Atlantis? What I mean here is that it is not a must to have mods for Atlantis for now, so maybe focus of you guys should still be on Ragnarok and AE without Atlantis?
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: 16 May 2019, 18:10:54 »
Does Atlantis affect game users who doesn't have Atlantis? What I mean here is that it is not a must to have mods for Atlantis for now, so maybe focus of you guys should still be on Ragnarok and AE without Atlantis?
The problem seems to be in the game update itself and not the new content. I tried uninstalling atlantis dlc and the same issue happened.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: 16 May 2019, 18:17:40 »

Atlantis dlc updated/changed the base game files/directory, i tried my mod only with ragnarok , it have issues that cannot solve , the same as Atlantis. In fact most of mods dont work.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: 16 May 2019, 19:16:09 »
Yes, for example, my brother who plays the AE without both Ragnarok and Atlantis still could see some new changes that the update brought up. Currently it's a mess, but hopefully it will be cleared soon.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: 27 May 2019, 00:46:12 »
Hmmmm...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: 28 May 2019, 01:08:21 »
i just checked your 1st page and i see you made archery separated from spears.. i agree with this.. for a long time i never got why they had to merge bow and spear in 1 mastery.. now you gave archers a wide array of bow skills to choose from, even elemental archers.. i think this is more interesting this way
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: 28 May 2019, 02:21:42 »
i just checked your 1st page and i see you made archery separated from spears.. i agree with this.. for a long time i never got why they had to merge bow and spear in 1 mastery.. now you gave archers a wide array of bow skills to choose from, even elemental archers.. i think this is more interesting this way

Ah well I wouldn't trust the first post so much now, considering the sheer amount of changes planned for all the masteries. Among other things, Archery will also include throwing weapons. Worry not, elemental archers is something we want to see happen ^^

But yes, we definetly want to aim for larger build possibilities, thanks to reworked gear and diversed skills.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: 13 June 2019, 14:37:01 »
Been quite a while already. I suppose I should let you know what's happening.

The number of new items is growing bigger. We aim at offering the most variety possible, and I think we are good at it ^^

About the masteries, the last two masteries are close from being finished, and the other eight will also have their reworks completed. After a step of final verification, the changes will be made and published here (updating the showcase posts) and after this we will begin the beta-testing.

I expect all of this to take at MOST one month.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal