Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 230151 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #300 on: 13 October 2018, 05:26:32 »
it's a film every child should see  :)

and here is the poppies part

i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #301 on: 13 October 2018, 10:02:42 »

I know it doesn't make sense to have them in a salt mine, but I don't care. :)

it does make sence , imo, where did the curse came from ? maybe they were digging, and fond some ancient tomb and like any adventurer fool, they open it ... :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #302 on: 14 October 2018, 16:36:09 »
it's a film every child should see  :)

and here is the poppies part

Awesome! I couldn't find an audio clip, but this is just as good!

I used VLC to directly down;oad the video clip, then used Audacity with a plugin to rip the audio.

I played around with the track to extract the important part and saved it to my mod, imported and built.

So she now says "Poppies..." when she summons poppies.

I reskinned a peng to look like a flying monkey as best I could and did the same audio process to get the sound of her saying "Take your army to the Haunted forest, now fly! Fly!" when she summons the flying "monkeys".

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: 15 October 2018, 02:42:43 »
If anyone has any good ideas about Runemastery, I could use the help.

I've tried to play as a caster and it isn't going very well. I don't play melee if I can avoid it.

Anyone have any specific criticisms of the mastery that could use improvement?

I have already replaced the menhir stones with the Jotunn giant summon, and I buffed  the damage output for mines and that big delayed mine, I forget what it's called.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: 15 October 2018, 10:26:25 »
Just had an idea...

...why not have a developer boss series like the devs do? A secret area?
So you all need to design your boss versions and post them so I can put a series of boss fights to get to the uber boss. :D

Alright BG I've been marinating on this for a few days now ahaha so this is what I thought of..

A Mummy.

lol of course, but lets get down to details.  Obviously this is all at your discretion Bumble so alter/nerf/shelve it as you please  :)

Name: Prosoro, the Infested Tomb Lord

Monster Lore/Concept: A mummified champion whose ancient wrappings are merely a ceremonial veneer, for hidden beneath this exterior are hundreds of Bone Scarabs.  Through rites lost to the ages, this bandaged foe generates endless swarms of the crawling fiends.  Adding to this horror is the aura of frenzy surrounding the host, while all attempts to penetrate the mummy itself are nigh futile due to martial weapons not connecting with dusty linen but instead armored scarab shell.

Overall Idea: Essentially a tanking mummy hero which constantly summons Bone Scarabs and buffs them with a Frenzy Aura.  Highly if not completely resistant to pierce/physical damage as well as obvious mortal damages (poison/bleed/vit).  Magic damage must be employed to harm him.  Apart from main summoning skill the hero casts either a Crippling Ward to make players more susceptible to his crawling minions or casts a ranged magic projectile?

Possible Gear: Scepter of the Swarm (Mi or Unique - Significantly buffs Pierce and Physical resistance, debuffs players Elemental resistance, Grants Skill 'Summon Scarab')

Additional Ideas: You don't stumble upon him but instead he spawns from an inconspicuous bone pile  - or - the player enters a chamber packed with sarcophagi, all might be empty except for one containing the Infested Tomb Lord, but which one?

Man so much effort goes into making kool hero monsters, I love it but understandably one can spend a lot of time just on creating a single hero  :D btw if I incorrectly interpreted your original post about this BG then just disregard this, or at the very least enjoy my rambling thoughts on what I might look like as a denizen of Titan Quest's world!

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: 15 October 2018, 11:47:35 »

I've tried to play as a caster and it isn't going very well. I don't play melee if I can avoid it.

I have already replaced the menhir stones with the Jotunn giant summon, and I buffed  the damage output for mines and that big delayed mine, I forget what it's called.

Runemaster is more a physical  and ranged mastery based. as hunting and warfare hybrid.

I will leave some ideias of some skill that could be improved:

1- Sacred Rage- i would move a few tieres, ( tier lv 16 maybe ? ), it Activates when Health drops below 20%, giving some health recovery and take away slow resistance , as i think it dont make any sence. it would make like death ward skill .. cheating death.

2- runeword: feather : giving a litle dexterity and attack speed at hight lvs , our ubber lvs.

3- runeword: burn and runeword explode are almost same thing , both do burn dmg, i would mix both into one , giving chance of stun in hight lvs.

4- Replace runeword explode for runeword: glacial frost , its a cold version of runeword burn , but doing a lighting and cold damage, at hight lvs gives a chance to freeze our slow.

5-Runeword: abosorve, giving at hight lvs, hp regeneration.

6- thunder strike : decrease the moviment speed on low lvs, and giving % dmg bonus at lv 5 skill.

7-Unleash: could have a mixing of cold dmg into bonus

8- Seal f Fate: decrease the bonus against devices at lower lvs.like 40% at lv 1 and will increase at hight lvs.

9-Aftershock: removing the skill disruption, our could be a bonus at uber lvs.

10-Frightening power: a % of lifesteal at uber lvs

11-Reckless Offense: have a bonus of strenght and small boost of attack speed at uber lvs

12-Rune Weapon, it give to much % intelligence at low lvs, imo, maybe decrease a litle.

13-Transmutation: it could give bonus to fire/cold/lighting flat bonus dmg

« Last Edit: 15 October 2018, 11:49:36 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: 15 October 2018, 14:20:29 »

Seal of Fate > Aftershock

Seal of Fate and Aftershock (the debuff) might benefit from an "increase in radius" depending on Level. This would put them on a par with other debuffs like "Squall" for instance (which DOES increase in radius with Level),

Runic Mines > Freezing Mines

Is it possible with the tools provided to make the Mines a "Homing Device"? I mean when Monsters would approach the trap zone, mines could leap on nearby targets, this would make the Mines much more reliable,

Menhir Wall

The Stun chance only triggers when Monsters try to hit the Menhir Wall. So if Monsters aim at you then the Stun doesn't work, which makes the skill deadweight. So:

- why not make the Stun permanent?

or

- you could downright substitute Menhir Wall for a better Skill (like you plan to do with Guardian Stones ^^),
« Last Edit: 15 October 2018, 14:52:52 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: 15 October 2018, 15:26:08 »
Frightening Power - I find the 1-3 seconds of fear underwhelming. Maybe the duration can increase on lvl?

Transmutation - maybe can give +% bonus to Elemental Retaliation.

Energy armor - this skill is too energy expensive for the effect it does.

+1 for Croc's ideas about Seal of Fate and especially mines. Make mines pets? I don't know how they will perform tho.
Or another pet variant - they can be pets with the explosion cast on death, so you can choose when to trigger them. If you place another set of mines, first ones "die" and explode.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2018, 22:30:09 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: 15 October 2018, 18:05:08 »
Yeah, I forgot to mention I moved Energy Armor to tier 4 and made it a timed aura that absorbs a percent instead of a flat amount. Better for pets this way, even though pets have weaknesses usually against elemental or poison. Meh.

Pets could have a buff self in their attack skill config slot that does negative regen, just set it to 100% chance and make short range distance 0 -1m. I think...

Okay, I can add a buff to elemental retaliation, that will synergize with storm and earth, I also added electricburn retaliation in a Dream trance.

About the beetle mummy, have a projectile spawn pet, make the projectile a beetle mesh and give it the fly animation in the flight animation slot in the projectile file. Then it spawns a beetle the same color and size, would give the illusion of shooting beetles. :)

About the "leaping" mines, the issue I can see right now is that if the mines can leap, they can follow you around...but if they are stationary, then they can't leap.

EDIT: Updated the effects, projectiles and explosion radius of Seal of Fate to mirror the Squall progression.

EDIT: Yeah, I have already replaced Menhir Wall with a Jotunn summons.

EDIT: Huh. I never noticed that before, there is no +%elemental retaliation modifier slot...at all. Have to use fire/lightning/cold. That leaves out the duration though. Pfah!

EDIT: Tier 3 rune weapon adds duration elemental damages equal to the tier 2 flat types. Also +%boosts flat elemental retaliation types. Tier 4 adds +%boost to duration elemental types.

EDIT: Modified the rune mines. Instead of "leaping", I created 10 different mine files. The original skill had one mine file with a trigger distance of 1m. I created 10 where the trigger distance increases by 0.5m each.

In the skill, I increased the explosion diameter by 0.25 m every level. With 10 levels +10 more uber levels, the max explosion radius is 6.75m for each mine with a trigger distance of 5.5m.

It's LIKE leaping, in that enemies only have to be within 5m of a mine for it to go off and strike them instead of 1m.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I should nerf that distance....I mean, talk about a boss killer....all the mines go off and hit a single target as soon as you cast. Okay, the trigger distance for each mine starts at 1 and goes up 0.25 per 2 levels. The explosion radius is still +0.5m per level though. So the max trigger distance is 3.25m now.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2018, 20:51:51 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: 17 October 2018, 16:15:52 »
I have begun the long, tedious process of updating the champion heart ordnance. These kind of tasks are a real cause of burnout, so I'm doing just 3 or 4 masteries a day.

I'm such a dope, I realized that Marksmanship allows for ranged one-handed now so my dumb throwing knife skill is completely redundant. I think it would synergize better if the tier 1 skill was a passive that boosted damage or something. In version 1.1, marksmanship didn't have ranged one-handed so it was okay to duplicate the Marksmanship skill for them.

Had a bug with a couple mini-boss treasure chests spawning, I think it was that quest locations have to be built into the map and not just saved after placing them in the map like you can get away with when you drop a new proxy. Anyway, they work now.

Created satyr zombies for the necro saytr to summon.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: 17 October 2018, 16:44:29 »
So you all need to design your boss versions and post them so I can put a series of boss fights to get to the uber boss. :D
If Prosoro is an uber mummy, ill be a red skinned machae... you know what i mean :P 
Spawning/sowing others of my comrades...
Nargil, Corrupted Warpriest :)

Edit: Drops some kind of helm if possible.

« Last Edit: 17 October 2018, 16:48:19 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: 17 October 2018, 18:12:57 »

Created satyr zombies for the necro saytr to summon.

Also, they could summon satyrs ghosts ( sometimes) ( ? )

good to hear the bugs you are facing are easier to spry out :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: 18 October 2018, 02:48:24 »
Once the method I created to spawn raksashas percolated through my brain, I had an idea!

The stone statues around the gorgon caves can see about 3 meters, if you get close, they spring to life! (sort of)

The statues are now stationary monsters that cast a suicide buff as their only attack, and then they spawn a stone monster on death.

So not only can you not hide behind statues when fighting the Gorgons, the statues are attacking you as well.

I played around with the map before the gorgons, the area opposite the rebirth fountain is accessible now and you can go down from there to circle behind the original area to the northwest.

Also added some satyr spawns to that area of black gravel before the ruins. There are satyr tents and campfires, but no satyrs...so I added them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to say I added a lot of Cyclops to the satyr spawns.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2018, 02:50:28 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: 18 October 2018, 12:34:59 »
If Prosoro is an uber mummy, ill be a red skinned machae... you know what i mean :P 
Spawning/sowing others of my comrades...
Nargil, Corrupted Warpriest :)

Ahaha yeah; Nargil, Corrupted Warpriest versus Prosoro the Infested Tomb Lord  8)
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: 19 October 2018, 01:32:49 »
Once the method I created to spawn raksashas percolated through my brain, I had an idea!

The stone statues around the gorgon caves can see about 3 meters, if you get close, they spring to life! (sort of)

The statues are now stationary monsters that cast a suicide buff as their only attack, and then they spawn a stone monster on death.

So not only can you not hide behind statues when fighting the Gorgons, the statues are attacking you as well.

That is pretty cool!

This will cause alot of scarry jumps :D! Also maybe it works with the minoan statues inside labyrinth, as well  ?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal