Author Topic: How did you choose your username?  (Read 16322 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: How did you choose your username?
« Reply #15 on: 22 July 2018, 02:18:45 »
And I assumed your name came from the hulking Egyptian croc-men !
After you saying that croc=fang, I then thought that is where we get our word crocodile . Wrong again, crocodilus comes from the greek krokē ‘pebble’ + drilos ‘worm' =worm of the stones, which I guess down the track gave croc=fang.
I thought it is crocodile + pistol

I also thought it had somethint to do with pistols.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Flix

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #16 on: 22 July 2018, 03:29:47 »
So Medea Fleecestealer I became.

Ok, I must apologize - to this day I tought that you are "Medea FleaCaster".

Shame on my eyes.  :P

Up until this thread I legitimately thought it was "Medea Fleecestalker."  I've been looking at the name for years and never realized.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #17 on: 23 July 2018, 04:24:16 »
Well... Mine is named after the big meaty arms himself, Typhon. On TQ.net though it was Xul which is the official Blizzard name of the Necromancer in Diablo 2 as far as I know.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #18 on: 23 July 2018, 05:47:47 »
Well... Mine is named after the big meaty arms himself, Typhon. On TQ.net though it was Xul which is the official Blizzard name of the Necromancer in Diablo 2 as far as I know.

The picture alone was a dead giveaway x)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2018, 01:32:14 »
this is the 1st time i saw this thread

nice topic btw

this is my same nickname on TQ gog forum and TQ subreddit as well as Pain's kirmiziperfect.. my username connects to my real name but only those from my country will understand

there is one other username i use but i mostly use it as character names.. it is cassandra and yes it is based from Apollo's priestess Cassandra from Greek myth.. i have been using it even before i played TQ.. the one thing that's constant is if i use that name on an RPG, that means i am making that character really seriously.. lots of time spent on theorycrafting, making sure it finishes the game, and making sure it ends up a good build.. i have made my own cassandra in TQIT as a caster prophet and i think in TQIT, it is the character I've played the most

the irony is, I know more about the game now than i ever did in TQIT, but for some reason, i don't have a cassandra character in AE/R.. that just means i have never made a character in AE/R that i meant to be a really serious character.. on the good side, the characters i make now are merely for fun and i think all these crazy thinking on character planning has made me a better player :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kmaawn

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 24 October 2018, 17:16:43 »
The first forum I ever signed up for was motorcycle related and I wanted to show my brand allegiance. I thought Kawasaki Man was good, but it taken. After trying many different combinations, I finally found 1 that wasn't used. I combined KAW and MAN into KMAAWN. Years after it was pointed out to me that people would likely read it as "come on"  :o

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 25 October 2018, 00:58:25 »
.... i don't have a cassandra character in AE/R.. that just means i have never made a character in AE/R that i meant to be a really serious character..

Old Defiler allows u to change char details (without DLL need) incl. name as long the old defiler is separate install

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #22 on: 26 October 2018, 16:37:16 »
Worked for a small web development company back in 2000. One day, this other guy and me were tasked with testing the email functionality of some form and it's database side.
So we just started having fun with email addresses to pass the time, kind of like a rap battle of email addresses.
Bumbleguppy is the one that made me laugh the most so I kept it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #23 on: 31 October 2018, 21:11:58 »
Back in 2003 I joined my first online community, the Larian Forums, to talk about what was at that time my favorite game, Divine Divinity.  The Divinity universe has a race of imps, who tend to insert nonsensical phrases like "Flixerflax!" into their broken English.
Oh Divine Divinity. What a sweet souvenir.

About my username, it is not related to TQ. Actually, I like astrophysics and especially the exoplanet current research. Tau ceti is a nearby star (12 light years) that has 2 (over 5) exoplanets in the habitable zone. It's far from the best candidate for life though, but Tau Ceti sounds better than Gliese 581g  ;D . Anyway when you learn that in the next 20-30 yrs, we will be able (technically speaking) to check if life exists on some of these exoplanets, that makes me crazy.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #24 on: 31 October 2018, 21:26:53 »
Whenever I hear "ceti" I always reminisce about this great scene from Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan:

https://youtu.be/6Biw4xZn28M?t=50

"THIS IS CETI ALPHA 5!!"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #25 on: 29 December 2018, 16:14:11 »
Mine is from the old Warcraft 3 days. Took the first syllable from Malfurion and added guardian, but dropped the "u" :)

spectre, my TQ.net name, was just chosen randomly in addition to my avatar picture (see left). Ironically the avatar picture is from a site providing modding resources for Warcraft 3 :D

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 15 October 2019, 10:29:27 »
Late to the party here but just saw this, I need to scroll down the forums more lol

Kool to see everyone's stories over here  ;)

As for me I used to be known as 'Nefer' over on the old TQ.Net forums, which was just a reference to my interest and love of Egypt.  My current name came about while travelling throughout the middleeast actually; during my downtime I had a journal and decided to write out a detailed synopsis for a sword and sorcery novel idea that I had - even drew a map for the world. 

The title of the novel was Legend of Prosoro, with the protagonist of course taking the same name.  Since then I haven't written the book but really liked the name so it's become my online alias.

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 15 October 2019, 10:37:06 »
i have a feeling i would want to read that novel  ^-^
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sunnysideup886089

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +8
« Reply #28 on: 06 November 2019, 17:43:25 »
the very first thing i think of in the morning whenever I open up my fridge and see milk and butter... is my favorite breakfast... scrambled eggs. hahaha ...

you know what i mean.

also... i have a long name and sunny is the shortest route to call me if your not a tongue twister.

the digits are my very own serial... used to be a marine till I got an arrow on my knee? now where did I heard that? im sure it was an rpg.
« Last Edit: 06 November 2019, 17:45:02 by sunnysideup886089 »
take it slow... make it happen

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal