Author Topic: "Fight-or-Flight" - Bow Shaman Build (elemental/vit/life reduction)  (Read 10160 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?

"Fight or flight indicates a permanent choice, but flight often means putting off the fight to another day. Choose your battles wisely."

Fight or flight? Perhaps enough focus and reflex to balance it out and stay alive ^^;
The newest addition to the family, a shaman, is not an easy character to play. Potentially one of the most stressful ones I had the chance to try. Yet the unique, risky playstyle, and the required concentration is what made it worthwhile for me.

I separate this toon's style into 2 "modes", let's call them:
1) "Safety First" - keeping energy armor up at all times, hiding behind menhir wall
2) "YOLO" "Thrill-Seeking" - using energy armor only in most dire situations, trying to proc sacred rage as often as possible

The second playstyle wasn't planned since the beginning, only when I saw the synergy between necrosis and frightening power, I decided to use it this way. Even though it's not listed on the skill, frightening power has a cooldown, there seems to be at least a ~4 seconds break before it can proc again. Nonetheless it's a viable strategy.

Performance in legendary: 5/10 (very squishy if not being careful enough)
Performance in 6-players difficulty: ~4/10 (it's not impossible, but probably not a good idea to farm in sp with this one)
Party support ~6.5/10 (maxed energy armor, rune of life, permanent covenant, spirit ward)
Fun meter: 1-8/10 (depending on irl stress levels, not a chill farming char, but I often enjoy characters that demand my full attention)
Uniqueness: 8/10 (mainly because of the utilization of sacred rage)

Skill tree - rune:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Skill tree - spirit:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Items:
Spoiler for Hiden:

*I use x2 Touch of Nyx as a swap weapon to cast energy armor

MI / upgraded:
(hallowed) Night Mistress's Crown (of divination)
(puncturing) Nidbow (of the storm) <3
(plato's) Demonskin Walkers (of might)
(staunch) Ring of the Dragon Hunter (of clout)
(insulated) Torc of the Ancestors (of spirit)
(stalwart) Feng Xao's Meditation Robes (of fortitude)

Legendary difficulty - Tower of Judgement (@3:00 I go yolo mode):

Legendary 6-players difficulty - Asgard
« Last Edit: 22 March 2019, 13:07:29 by Torstein159 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Interesting build.
The " rain " proc constant with Rune Mine is nice.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tqrunner

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a hater but I refuse to believe that crown is legit...

Seriously, an MI with a rare prefix AND a rare suffix? Get out of here!  :)) C:-)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a hater but I refuse to believe that crown is legit...

Seriously, an MI with a rare prefix AND a rare suffix? Get out of here!  :)) C:-)
Ah well, I was expecting this question. It was a gift from a friend, I don't know the origin of it, so you're most likely right. I try to avoid such items as much as possible, but I think it's okay to be a bit fancy sometimes. I get where you're coming from, but I hope it's not that off-putting. Other than that, what are your thoughts regarding my toon?
« Last Edit: 15 March 2019, 20:36:53 by Torstein159 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tqrunner

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
Fancy it is, indeed - with flying meteors and $h!7 ;D Impressive stuff!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
long time ago even before ragnarok, i wrote something titled archers without hunting.. i don't even remember what that article was about but this fits the bill

i don't have nidbow so i never realized power strike procs that much.. now i know why it was used for throwing knives (rogue skill)

why is runeword burn and magical charge only lvl 1? meh skill distribution for late game is no big deal to me because skill reallocation is easy in this game.. and usually by this time the player gets a feel of what is good for his or her char

the playstyles:
(2) YOLO is funny but i don't think that's for me.. I'd rather stick with (1).. but still if it was me, i would also probably try it just out of habit
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
long time ago even before ragnarok, i wrote something titled archers without hunting.. i don't even remember what that article was about but this fits the bill

why is runeword burn and magical charge only lvl 1? meh skill distribution for late game is no big deal to me because skill reallocation is easy in this game.. and usually by this time the player gets a feel of what is good for his or her char
I do have another toon to fit this niche, look forward to it, if it's something up your alley ^^

Being lvl 74, and having only +4 skills, you can see I don't have much leeway with the skill allocation, I haven't even maxed out freezing mines or menhir wall. Hmm I could take a few points out of circle of power, but in general it won't change much.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts :>

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal