Author Topic: New Atlantis Items Showcase (spoilers)  (Read 9125 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Atlantis Items Showcase (spoilers)
« on: 14 May 2019, 21:02:07 »
I just totally ripped off Prosoro's previous topic for Ragnarök items, because consistency is nice, right?

Anyway, I've already found a few goodies. Only two in total, so it's not a lot, but feel free to post.

Can you say Hunting? Rungu already looked amazing, but lacked a pierce percentage, which seemed to limit its use, because piercing damage is central to Hunting. This is like a mix of Rungu and Hoi Polloi, and the best of two worlds at that. I already have two, and a Dragon Hunter who's just entered Act IV normal... Go figure.

Not sure who wants this, though. Ragnarök already had some bows with bonus to all Defense skills, but does Defense really want a bow? The rest on this seems pretty amazing, though. The slower attack speed is a hit, but this seems to be excellent damage all-around.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: New Atlantis Items Showcase (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2019, 21:15:38 »
Polyhedron has a legendary equivalent :
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/michanismos
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2019, 21:49:51 »
Litle off topic - Amazigh is from Berber Alphabet ( berbers were ethnic group of several nations indigenous mostly to North Africa)

Yes it seens Nordic really loves giving bows + skills in defense mastery, wich is good, defense doesnt means always shield and sword
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2019, 19:58:27 »
I really don't mind unusual items for using classes in unusual ways, don't get me wrong. I'm all for that. Bows for Defense still feel a bit strange because Defense is pretty much about the shield. What would a Defender do without a shield, anyway? I guess you could build one around skills like Rally, Adrenaline, and Colossus Form, and there's probably something I'm not seeing here. I understand it as a backup weapon, but why are there so many bows with Defense skill bonuses?

(I'm not complaining, just genuinely curious.)

All the references to different cultures and mythologies are a big part of what makes this game so good in my eyes. On a sidenote, it's the gripe I have with the original game's criminal treatment of China; Greece and Egypt were nice and well elaborated, and then China gets half a chapter and random prehistoric stuff instead of any in-depth exploration of the mythology. I think China would've deserved a separate chapter at least, too. (And then the great Babylon got a single dungeon and some huts, and the Chimaera instead of a boss that would've been suited to the area, oh well.)

Ah well, off-topic, off-topic.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2019, 20:39:10 »
2 Legendary is new throw weapons from Atlantis.
Green axe that i get before Atlantis at act4.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2019, 21:05:36 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2019, 07:27:31 »
...and then China gets half a chapter and random prehistoric stuff instead of any in-depth exploration of the mythology.

I vaguely remember reading an old article, either a dev diary or interview with Iron Lore, about this before Titan Quest was released.  Iirc they said that China and the Orient wasnt initially in the planned environment content and that it was hastily added after Babylon late in development.  This would seem to explain why China wasnt 'fleshed out' as much as the other mythos. 
Act 3 has always been my least favourite region and maybe this is why *shrug*
 ..bringing it back to items though there are some great gear pieces which tie into chinese lore etc - Imperial Set is one of my favourites  :D
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2019, 17:55:31 »
oh btw, there are throwning spears ( javelins ) into the game now, only drops in new act
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2019, 01:29:47 »
Gorrogos, a STR-based stuff. Uses Volcanic Orbs as projectiles, unlike other staves. Don't get too excited, they have no explosion radius, rendering the staff nearly useless.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2019, 04:23:20 »
Gorrogos, a STR-based stuff. Uses Volcanic Orbs as projectiles, unlike other staves. Don't get too excited, they have no explosion radius, rendering the staff nearly useless.

Equipped it then using some skill that AoE and multi hit to trigger its grants skill.
If % trigger that skill on attack highs, it still useful.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2019, 15:44:47 »

A staff that boost warfare mastery? !! Now this is a first! Cant wait to see onslaught working on this beauty :D ( on my mod )

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2019, 00:56:01 »
these new items, and again new skills, that makes you think new builds.. when they added new (unusual) items like these on ragnarok, i felt glad.. but now i feel like it has to stop

even before ragnarok came out, i have always found fun in trying unusual builds.. because something not easily seen is what makes it unusual.. and when you are able to think up something and make it viable, that's what makes it rewarding

but when the devs throw all these items at you, the unusual gradually becomes ordinary, and suddenly there is no feeling of satisfaction

it will attract new players, but it will also push out old players (i mean players that have spent considerable time already)
« Last Edit: 22 May 2019, 00:58:11 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2019, 01:55:09 »

A staff that boost warfare mastery? !! Now this is a first! Cant wait to see onslaught working on this beauty :D ( on my mod )

Battlemage here we go! :D

Im enjoying the new items and how the devs were generous with adding proc skills or granted skills on them. 
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal