Author Topic: Superman Skinchanger  (Read 9187 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Superman Skinchanger
« on: 17 July 2019, 23:34:05 »
I am not a showcase kind of guy, but here is a quick down and dirty on Superman and his fortress of Solitude.  It has a lot of similarities with bote's skinchanger, but Superman flies solo.

Here is the full level 85 build.  You can easily get almost everything to satisfactory levels by 70-75, and additional +1 skills only helps.

https://www.tqcalc.com/TitanCalcd6f4d6f4rune9de6.html?mastery=Skinchanger&master1=4&master2=10&sa=30&m1=32-0-0-12-0-0-8-8-0-8-6-0-1-0-6-0-0-8-1-8-0-0-0-0-0&m2=40-10-0-10-16-5-10-10-6-10-1-1-5-1-0-12-0-8-6-8-0-12-0-15-0

The key to this build is Freyella, which I cannot find in TQ DB, but I get them like candy and the epic gambler seems to have way too many in stock.

It's a Runemaster wet dream with the elemental damages and the 33% chance for 300% elemental damage...but Superman loves him some 25% recharge and with dual wielding these guys, you only need another 15-20% recharge to get a permanent Briar Ward (Fortress of Solitude).

Now, Tranquility and Briar Ward give a 82% energy cost reduction (well, 90% of the time).  Since it is additive, just get another 18% more and spells be free.

So, you pop Briar Ward and keep it up, refresh if you killed everyone too quickly.  Throwing weapons are great to pick off solicitors at your door.  The fun is in the free Runic Mines.  They cost nothing as long as you are chilling on your Bark-o-Lounger and with that much refresh, I think I can cast them every 2.1 seconds.  Boom boom boom.  Now they try to bum rush you, a free Thunderstrike that can be cast every second will level them. 

Guardian Stones are free and almost permanent.  Energy Shield is FREE (as long as you have enough mana to cast it if Tranquility doesn't pop.  Plaque is there to help with bosses (but who has time to Plague when you are in your fortress watching TV). 

Anyway, I'll post more updates as I get further with this guy. 

Other key items that I have.  Obviously Stonebiners +3. 
Polaris is nice as it reduces cost, recharge and adds elemental damage. 
Volva's Harden Wraps combined with Polaris puts me over the threshold for recharge and Energy Cost reduction. 
I am using the Alfheim rings for now as they are overall pretty good.  I am sure there are better.

Head and Torso are just the best I can find that give +1 skills.  I was using the one head item that gives +15 HP and +15 Eng regeneration, but once I got my energy cost reduction over 100%, who needed that?  Just potion if your skills are out of whack.

Once I got enough stats for Stonebinders and Freyella, the rest is going into Int for damage and Health for double dipping.  This Superman is way more smart than strong.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2019, 03:08:34 by wolpak »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Superman Skinchanger
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2019, 02:04:19 »
wrong tqcalc link

few more pictures wouldn't hurt...
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2019, 03:09:38 »
Sorry, I Newbed that.  I’ll get some more pics later, but I haven’t gotten deep into legendary with it yet, but so far, cakewalk.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2019, 04:33:03 »
You don't use Seal of Fate/After Shock?
Its the biggest dmg per hit skill and very good debuff for your builds (Freyela buff its dmg crazy if triggers both at once).

- About Tranquility skill, it doesn't reduce skill energy cost permanent, it by%. So if you don't have enough energy to cast Energy Armor after all gears+stats, skills (that +energy, -%energy cost), you can't cast it.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2019, 05:24:55 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2019, 05:32:59 »
Its the biggest dmg per hit skill and very good debuff for your builds (Freyela buff its dmg crazy if triggers both at once).

- About Tranquility skill, it doesn't reduce skill energy cost permanent, it by%. So if you don't have enough energy to cast Energy Armor after all gears+stats, skills (that +energy, -%energy cost), you can't cast it.

I was debating on Seal of Fate.  I just hate the delay.  Could replace Guardian Stones.

Yeah, well, if it were 100%, then I think you could, so it's either 1100 mana or 0 mana for energy armor.  Basically, I can only cast it when I am in Briar, which is fine since all my other CDs are so short.

I do think this is the best DW Thrower build though out of all DW throwers who ever DW throwed.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2019, 05:42:30 »

I was debating on Seal of Fate.  I just hate the delay.  Could replace Guardian Stones.

Yeah, well, if it were 100%, then I think you could, so it's either 1100 mana or 0 mana for energy armor.  Basically, I can only cast it when I am in Briar, which is fine since all my other CDs are so short.

I do think this is the best DW Thrower build though out of all DW throwers who ever DW throwed.
- You can equip 2Touch of Nyx and stay in the range of Briar Ward to cast the Energy Armor highest lvl  ;D.
- Bold: Hold my Adamantine Sickle of Kronos ( ofcourse because we play TQ), i have Dualwield Elemental Skinchanger too, will upload video soon  >:D

*Update: Video here:

« Last Edit: 19 July 2019, 05:28:20 by icefreeze »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal