Author Topic: Illusionist Build  (Read 35991 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline legowarrior

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Illusionist Build
« Reply #30 on: 01 August 2018, 17:38:24 »
Doesn't seem anticlimactic though?  Basically, you've avoided the whole final battle.     

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #31 on: 01 August 2018, 19:46:47 »
I've brought the big guys down, that's all I care about.  Any way I can is fine with me.  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #32 on: 01 August 2018, 20:51:54 »
I've brought the big guys down, that's all I care about.  Any way I can is fine with me.  ;D
yep me too  ;D
the game allows it.. why put a self-restriction on yourself that only you will follow? ^-^

i actually do the things I've shown on my TQ tricks 2 video.. and more cowardly things like:
attack Hades while the crystal gate is closed (you have to open the gate first though)
force minotaur to follow you outside the gate and into the labyrinth
don't let the gate close against act 2 telkine

« Last Edit: 01 August 2018, 21:01:10 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #33 on: 01 August 2018, 21:03:02 »
Don't get locked in with Cerebus either.  Stand just inside the gate so it won't close on you then potshot him - even if you're a melee toon.  I think my Xmax HC Guardian used a bow a lot more than he ever melee'd.  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #34 on: 31 October 2018, 11:47:58 »
mini update:

a slightly alternate build

a few weeks ago, i thought about this build, a more survivability focused build

Spoiler for Hiden:
i got lucky with the immortality suffix

few key things:

mountaineer's armor and rage of ares - both give flat physical damage.. with these 2 items, throwing knife is really outperforming calculated strike.. it's because each knife carries the flat physical.. in muspelheim legendary, each of my knives does 300 - 400 damage.. but when the 450 damage from rage of ares procs, it goes up to 3000-4000.. and as long as i spam throwing knife, it procs all the time.. sometimes more than 1 knife procs the 450 damage

that means my life steal got way better.. but where to get my life steal? Deimos + Kydoimos.. i can't get back to phobos + deimos because i lose rage of ares.. and my throwing knife damage gets way lower without rage of ares so my life steal also gets way lower

now, because this is focused on survivability, i gotta have permanent briar ward.. the most i can do is 60% but i found that at lvl 7 refresh, 60% CDR is just enough for permanent briar ward.. lvl 6 still doesn't cut it, and at lvl 8 the cooldown gets too long

and because i have high CDR, i can spam plague

so yeah that's about it: good life steal + permanent briar ward + plague spam + 7 pets + mass confuse = great survivability.. plus lay trap is a great cheese skill

energy problem is solved by uhhh what's the name? the 2nd upgrade of HoO and the 3rd upgrade of briar ward

the bad thing is i lost my cast speed from touch of nyx and mechanical parts, so i had to switch one of my pet rings for an occult.. but it's worth it because my knives also got stronger

of course this is also possible with int build.. ele damage will probably come from eitr.. but you gotta have vit res from elsewhere because you might lose on demon's blood.. mine is str + dex build so i gotta focus on physical damage
« Last Edit: 31 October 2018, 12:14:04 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal