Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262709 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #120 on: 19 February 2018, 07:34:03 »
Should be botebote77.  I didn't play with them much, but they certainly looked like they'd be useful for blocking entrances, etc.  Not sure how long they'd hold up against Toxeus, but certainly worth a try.  And useful with other skills in a similar fashion to the one Tauceti posted.  Cast Menhirs to block entrance, then throw Squall, Lightning Bolt, Volcanic Orb, Eruption or Plague at foes on the other side.  :)  Should work a treat.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #121 on: 19 February 2018, 11:08:41 »
well the idea has been opened.. if they're not tanky enough that means we should make it tankier, cast multiple stones, or at the very least make them as bait.. if we clash ideas together there's always a chance we come up with something new.. that's one advantage of having a forum.. I'm still a few days from reaching act 4 epic with my skinchanger but I'm not leaving this possible trick
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #122 on: 20 February 2018, 01:10:48 »
Gustav is now resting in Rhakotis (lvl 25). He had to redo minotaurs because the telkines were not in place. Not too much a problem in normal mode but in epic/legendary, sure,  it 's a nasty bug.
About the class Sedr worker, i struggled with dex requirements for regular green weapons because there is no dex from dream mastery and some dex from rune. But at lvl 21, things were better with a special green dropped from maenads: the jaguar claws (the legendary upgraded version is only lvl 21 and F55, Dex55 required !).

@botebote77: I didn't think about dactyles or toxeus but yes in that case, a wall would block the way. As Medea said, casters would take the best of it. In the last pic, i took a ternion shaman lvl 40, and even in plain field, monsters attack the wall so you are safe with your staff. Well only for a short moment... Because the tooltip says that the wall stands for 10s. It's not true: 7s at lvl max. Since the delay between casting walls is 22s, 70% CDR on items and some casting speed should make the trick. Another curious thing: if a monster breaks a stone eg in the middle, he rushes towards you across the broken wall but other monsters of the pack don't cross the wall and continue fighting the wall. One last thing, in some way you can control the direction of the wall, it depends where you click: ahead of you, the wall is like on the pic, but if you click on your left or right, the direction is perpendicular. With some pratice, it opens some strategies i guess. (btw sorry for my bad english).

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: 21 February 2018, 07:42:11 »
Updated Tauceti and well done.  Nice work, especially having to do the Minotaurs twice.  :)

Yes, that's another problem with the walls.  Sometimes they're the way you want them to be, but other times they end up at the wrong angle to do much good.  Probably needs practice on positioning as you said.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline corian

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: 25 February 2018, 00:01:12 »
Badboy had a nice day today! With a little big problem... He had to repeat entire knossos becasuse the screenshots where totally in black :-\
Second time with minotaurs almost dead  >:(
Anyway... he is lvl 27 and resting in menphis
I post the arachnae screenshot from coz I realize I hadnīt do it before, sorry

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: 25 February 2018, 10:11:23 »
Well done corian, that's moves you nicely up the leaderboard.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: 25 February 2018, 22:19:15 »
Progress from Gustav:
At mid-Act2, i maxxed ToW and lucid dream so that i could wear, with use,  some gear with %Electric burn damage. Hence, i made some easy XP farming through egyptian fields (with good shoes). I never made before an auramancer and although it isn't the aim of this build, it is worth a try especially with Xmax. I will keep it a while, that's some fun ;)

I got a bug with the sphynx in Xmax and had to do it in normal without the mod to achieve the fight, so no pic there.

Gustav is currently lvl 37 and resting near babylon.

@corian: Guardian stones are our best friend with boss, sure, but take care of Chimera. For some reason, the stones (lvl 16) were destroyed instantly at the beginning of the fight, maybe by aoe effects, not sure.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline corian

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: 25 February 2018, 23:13:52 »
Thanks Tauceti!! Iīll take your advice
My guardian stones are only at lvl 1, Iīm planing to play in other way with them coz my build is around enemyīs health reduction, and each stone does 33% reduction at lvl 1 and it doesnīt increase with more levels....and the less life they have the sooner they explode  ;D

Badboy is now at the fountain on the desert, lvl 30
He had to do the scorpions twice (why always have to do something twice?).... donīt know if itīs a bug, but the eye of chaos didnīt where after killing them

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: 26 February 2018, 07:59:15 »
Well done you two, up the leaderboard you go.  :)

Tauceti, see this note from the first page:

NOTE: In the IT version of this mod it's not possible to do the Sphinx quest and the Protect the Flag quest, you need to revert to the normal game to do these and then re-enter the mod to continue once you've completed them and got your reward.  Whether the AE/R version is the same I don't know. 

corian, not heard that the Eye doesn't drop, but it may be a bug.  It should be on the altar and drop when you click on it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline corian

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: 26 February 2018, 14:43:19 »
Sorry for asking this here, but i realize that tauceti is wearing two throwing axes (or so it seems to me)
Have you buy them or are they drops?
I haven't seen any throwing weapon apart of those merchant sell....is it a bug? And if it's a bug, is there any patch for download? I've been searching and haven't seen any for TQAE Ragnarok ???

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: 26 February 2018, 15:21:51 »
They do drop, I've had several blue knives and an axe drop so it's not a bug.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: 27 February 2018, 00:22:57 »
The throwing weapons here come from a vendor shop in Act 5 (bought by a legendary toon). I suppose you can also find throwing axes as dropped items (eg by trolls) in act 5. The same is true for example for chakrams you can find in act 3, knives mainly in act 1 & 2, they are related to the storyline.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline corian

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: 27 February 2018, 09:52:34 »
Thanks you two!
It was strange that there were no drops of yellow throwing weapons

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: 27 February 2018, 10:00:30 »
My knives and axe were in Acts 1 and 2 iirc.  Certainly the knives were, think the axe was an Act 2 item. 

It could be a balancing issue they haven't gotten around to fixing yet, but I haven't had much time to play lately so can't say for sure. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: 01 March 2018, 01:03:57 »
Progress from Gustav:

The Barmanu pull was a disaster. I wanted to pull carefully with the help of the nightmare. I ordered the pet in defensive stance, to go farther and farther, so that he body pulls one Barmanu. As a result,  I saw 3 Barmanu rushing at me. Oups ! I only had time to release the guardian stones. The next seconds, clearly i was in panic mode, running between multiple ice showers like a chicken with its head cut off. Actually the stones and the pet were the targets, not Gustav. Finally, the knightmare survived the time needed for Gustav to take off one Barmanu, the stones 2 Barmanu. It was a close call  :o Too bad that i did'nt printscreen.

At lvl 39, my old gear was replaced by the set of the dreamweaver and the rest of the act was less difficult, even Typhon. Gustav is now lvl 42 at Rhodes.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2018, 01:08:31 by Tauceti »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal