Author Topic: Poorly Thought Out Items  (Read 20343 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Poorly Thought Out Items
« on: 15 July 2018, 09:51:39 »
(This is not a critique or resentment to the game.  Sometimes it’s good to have fun  ::)  )

Aloha!  So let’s talk about items.  I know many items are good, some are so so.  But some are just plain out weird.

What is up with that reduced int requirement for armors and weapons? Why would you need to reduce int requirement when the item itself requires high int already?  Well i know it has it’s uses but… really? -30% int requirement for a lvl 48 mage item?  The reduced int requirement for weapons is even more weird.  The only int based weapons in this game are staves.  Reduced requirements, especially as high as 30%, is usually sought out so you can keep said stat to as low as minimum.  So basically, if you want to equip a staff, you would want to keep intelligence to as low possible because why would you need int for a staff weilder right?  Eh?  Is that right?  bonkers.

Veterans know that the best use for that is if you want to twink your toon to equip lvl 48 or below staves but with higher int requirement like Caduceus and Eye of Osiris to name a few.  But veterans also know that it’s a poorly thought out design because soon you can equip it anyway without the need for -30% int requirement.  The boots will just outgrow it’s usefulness and it’s a shame because it’s part of a pretty good set.

80% Reduced Defensive Ability.  On a bow.  Really now. Well yeah it’s still useful for a petmaster and for multiplayer.  Ok ranger, because this is one of the best weapons for a ranger right?  Surely a good tactic for a ranger is equipping a bow that reduces defensive ability right?  Forget about your own damage, the important thing is your wolves deal more damage.  And multiplayer because if you want to play an archer on  a multiplayer, surely you would want to be a support.  Right?  Get a grip.

So let’s talk about Ragnarok items..

Devs:  It’s Ragnarok and part of the new content is we will be adding a new type of weapon
Us:  Ok we’ll farm for them
Devs:  Yes.  We’ll make sure you find them.  Lots and lots and lots of them
Us:  This is too much really.  We want to find other items too  :-\
Devs:  You're welcome  >:D

Devs:  You know you should really try a club for a Hunting toon
Us:  Eh? Why would we want a club when a spear or bow is the ideal weapon?
Devs:  Because we’ll make it very good for you
Us:  Ok I’ll use it for my conqueror
Devs:  No please. We’ll even add +2 to Hunting

there  ;)

Devs:  We’ve included many new items.  You should try them
Us:  Ok we’ll mix it with some of our items
Devs:  Ah no.  Those vanilla items are outdated now.  You can forget about them.  We’ll prove it to you

« Last Edit: 15 July 2018, 09:57:43 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Poorly Thought Out Items
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2018, 13:41:32 »
Giant's Tooth.

Enough said.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2018, 22:31:46 »
Yeah, just found that Head Hunter's Pride and I was like, what the hell??

Regarding the reduced DA on that bow... I have no idea which one is more frustrating and stupid;

This, or the veteran prefix on a bow.. still not fixed, still ignored.. when looking at changelogs on any update, all I see is "fixed the bla bla sound on satyr hero" "fixed the mesh/colour on bla bla armor"..

And comparing those two mage leggings, I guess it simply shows the amount of creativity, or should we say, laziness of these guys.. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2018, 16:29:16 »

And comparing those two mage leggings, I guess it simply shows the amount of creativity, or should we say, laziness of these guys..

if im not wrong, archmage set and adept set its from vanilla version, no ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2018, 18:48:13 »
Yes.. and that is the exact evidence of their laziness (Nordic).. they still haven't fixed what the original devs left unfixed.. they already have received the amount of attention they expected (maybe even more) from the gamers around the world, so they don't see a reason to further improve the game.. this is my interpretation on this matter..
« Last Edit: 17 July 2018, 18:50:42 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2018, 18:49:53 »

if im not wrong, archmage set and adept set its from vanilla version, no ?

Yes, it is. It's the same thing with Warrior's-Conqueror's panoplies.

https://www.tq-db.net/set/warriors-panoply
https://www.tq-db.net/set/conquerors-panoply

https://www.tq-db.net/set/adepts-regalia
https://www.tq-db.net/set/archmages-regalia

The intent was to make Epic-Legendary sets and give it a stronger-weaker version with almost identical bonuses. Kills creativity, IMO.

EDIT: Actually there's many of these... I may have missed some others... if you recall any tell us.

Hunter's-Tracker's
https://www.tq-db.net/set/hunters-armor
https://www.tq-db.net/set/trackers-armor

Rogue's-Assassin's
https://www.tq-db.net/set/rogues-cover
https://www.tq-db.net/set/assassins-cover
« Last Edit: 17 July 2018, 19:20:29 by WNG »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2018, 18:51:57 »
yes i noticed.

giving two sets same bonus its kinda rush-over things, its a bummer
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2018, 19:06:04 »
Actually, if we're to reconsider this for a second, don't you think it would have been so nice if they made an "imbue" system with the normal sets, so that when we get into later difficulties and wish to keep the same set, we could just pay any enchanter a visit and transform the items of the set into their "epic" and "legendary" versions.. at a serious cost of course... I've always wanted to keep the Theban set for my old conqueror..

Surely, all this would have make sense only if the issue about the similar sets was solved beforehand..   
« Last Edit: 17 July 2018, 19:08:54 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Flix

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2018, 22:30:58 »
Guys.  The above-mentioned sets are intentional "duplicates".  The higher level versions are meant to serve as replacements for the much lower level versions.

They did a similar thing in Grim Dawn with the "empowered" versions of uniques.  Because many items had great modifiers, the only problem was that they were just too low level after a while.   Same with Adept's vs. Archmage's sets, etc. in Titan Quest.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2018, 22:46:27 »
People here are so negative about developers, is it just bad experience. Sure this team overdid some things, 100% DA on Batrachos is op, but not on +1 all skills -recharge three resist chest https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/corselet-of-freyja The worse side of this is that with bleed and vitality res affected by penalties, such gear is sometimes required if you want your resist to be positive. Not maxed, just above zero.

Perhaps Nordic needs some sort of channel for feedback if they want to keep updating the game.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2018, 22:51:48 by mammoth_hunter »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 17 July 2018, 22:56:33 »
about adepts and archmages, i only pointed out the reduced int requirement.. is making them almost similar in attributes a bad design? hmmmmmmm don't know.. it's not a big issue for me

People here are so negative about developers,
not me although i started the thread.. i only wanted to inject some humor  :)

edit: some of my characters, i use my secondary slot to equip bleed resist.. the most dangerous i think are the werewolves in Jotunheim.. but even there, like what mammoth_hunter said, i find that low positive is enough
« Last Edit: 17 July 2018, 23:04:02 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 18 July 2018, 00:30:00 »
My intent was not to be negative, but to point out few things.

But like mammoth_hunter said, some items are overly strong, and I will always mention the same item : Giant's Tooth. One gigantic strenght boost justifies picking up the item alone, because that is what everyone is going for right? Not only that, but the item fits so many builds and renders many otherwise viable choices completely obsolete, and this kind of design is very stupid, IMO.

I understand that with a new act needs a new level of gear, but they went too far on that one.

I'm focusing a lot on the negative side, but the things I like from Nordic's work greatly outnumbers the things I don't like.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2018, 00:32:29 by WNG »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 18 July 2018, 01:02:11 »
Giant's tooth is indeed OP.. they definitely went too far as is the case on some of the items

about Headhunter's Pride.. i think it fits with either a Slayer or Warden
Slayer: you won't benefit from woodlore but at least weapon training works with clubs
Warden: also no woodlore but at least Defense provides good survivability.. but i can't help but think that a Warden will benefit more from a spear.. so maybe Slayer is a better fit.. the damning thing is the weapon has no pierce, and that's where hunting excels

btw my assassin wields Headhunter's Pride and Key of Elysium.. it's a permanent battle standard + traps build but also melee onslaught

edit: right. Slayer Dual Wield Headhunter's Pride + sword with a good pierce.. it fits eh?
« Last Edit: 18 July 2018, 01:36:12 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 18 July 2018, 12:28:51 »
they nerfed sapros because it was to powerfull , giant tooth replace the main spot.

giving random attributes/bonus for new itens from expac could work, testing crazy combos and skills.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 18 July 2018, 12:40:37 »
testing crazy combos and skills.
i can agree with this.. I've always liked testing crazy combos.. i just hope it's not too OP, like whatever you could ask for from an item, its there.. Headhunter's Pride is fine for me, doesn't look too OP
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal