Author Topic: Deathshadow's Battlemage Guide  (Read 3600 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Deathshadow's Battlemage Guide
« on: 13 August 2018, 12:02:36 »
Note before reading
In this guide you shall find directives and suggestions, tips shall we say. I will not tell you that you need to get some kind of gear or something, I will let that to you. Not because I don’t know or care, its because each player finds it own play style the best. I will discuss each skill and tell what they do, why is it good for, and give some basic tips about gear.
Mastery by mastery , skill by skill
Lets start off with Warfare since it will be your main .
When playing a Warfare mastery toon , you must decide either to use or not to use dual wield . I say , use . It has freaking nice synergies , especially one called Hew which increases your damage by 50% , when proced . Also Tulmut , which is another synergy of Dual Wield , when proced does bleeding damage to enemy and stuns it up to , well 1 second but it does an 360 arc attack with up to 3 enemies attacked .
Weapon Training , with its offensive ability and attack speed , is a must of course , unless you are planing on using spears but then you chose wrong mastery . Offensive ability is increasing your chance to hit so it can get pretty useful , again unless you dont like hitting creeps .
Who knows maybe a pacifist is playing a Battlemage . Ok jokes to the side lets continue this brilliantly dumb guide .
Next on the line we have Onslaught . The one skill that can get as overpowered as nothing else 🙂 . I mean not only it gives you bonus % damage per charge , with its synergies it gives you attack speed , move speed , armor reduction , and reduces damage taken . So yeah maxing this tree is pretty useful . Hamstring is very good when fighting bosses since its armor reduction , and Ardor will help you with attack speed if you lack some .
Next we have Dodge Attack whos name says it all . Max it so you can dodge more attacks , both melee and ranged . Then we have Battle Standard which really is a flag that gives you offensive ability and something really nice , and thats + 1 to all skills . And belive me that +1 is very nice . With its synergy it will also decrease enemies physical damage , stun and damage resistance , making it very useful against bosses , and if you have Hamstring , well lets just say it will be easier .
Ok so what kind of WARfare mastery wouldnt have something called WAR wind . A skill that gives you good ” splash ” damage . By splash I mean it attacks up to 4 enemies around you . A lower levels it decreases your damage , but by level 8 it will give you 10 physical damage . It synergy can be very useful when playing an Assassin but here it will only make them get DoT bleeding damage . Can prove useful but I leave it to you to decide .
Another WAR skill is War Horn , which is pretty neat skill when a lot of mobs attack you , and you know that fighting all at once would be doom . It stuns an enemy for ( at max level 1.5 – 6.5 seconds) . Not only that it stuns them , with its synergy it will decrease their health and armor making them ( sometimes ) one hittable . Bare in mind that War Horn has 0/10 points and it only gives you more seconds of stun , so you dont have to level it to 10/10 to make it good . But its synergy should be leveled as far as it can get .
So these were the skills I personally used with my Battlemage . But here are some other very useful skills . Battle Rage gives you more offensive ability and physical damage ( at max level which is 12 max of 62 physical damage ) . It synergies are mostly for attack retalation or something like crushing blow . Bare in mind it has 8% of activating so don’t get jumpy if it doesn’t proc as much as you would like .
Ancestral Horn is also a cool skill but I as melee Battlemage didn’t use it and I gotta say it all went pretty smooth . It summons up to 5 warriors to fight for you . At max level , which is 16 , they have 1000 hp and do around 130 – 180 physical damage .
Ok now lets go on to the second mastery which is Earth .
First and very useful skill is Earth Enchantment . It gives you bonus attack ( fire ) damage . With its synergies it will give you burn damage ( another DoT ) , and bonus armor along with bonus fire resistance . And we all know how our heroes like resistances . Heat Shield gives you damage absorb , protection from fire and 15 % damage resistance at max level . Now one skill that I like a lot is Stone Form . Why ? Because you turn into stone duh ! Seriously it turns you into a stone , making you almost impossible to kill by granting you major health regen . Per second .
Its synergy is not that useful but can come in handy . It retaliates fire damage back to the attacker .
Ok now to the real thing Summon Core Dweller . A big , rock looking , fiery … thing , that follows you and kicks enemies arses . Its pretty good tanking ability is very nice , with lack of some physical damage . At max level ( which is 16 ) it has around 1617 health . But with its synergy called Metamorphosis it gives him + % on health , armor protection , armor absorption and elemental resistance ( fire , earth , wind , water , oh sorry or in Titan Quest Fire , Lighting , Cold ) . Making it the ultimate tanking summon in game . Also Inner Fire gives him more damage , health regen and total speed .
Ring of Flame ( I thought it was Ring of Fire by Johny Cash ) . This is one of those invest one point into main and max it synergy skills . Meaning the skill alone can be good , but pretty much useless . But it synergy Soften Metal kicks ars , dealing damage , and reducing enemies armor and physical damage .
Volativity basiclly gives you more fire damage . It has 33% to proc giving you + % fire damage , up to 178 % .
Again those are all skills I used but again here are some other useful skills . Eruption , fragments when casted dealing ( of course fire ) damage to enemies . Other are not useful to melee Battlemage and I wont put them here .
Attribute Points
So melee Battlemage has most use of strength and dexterity so their points should be 2 strength : 1 dexterity . Even tho it has low health investing into health is not needed , since you can find nice items , enchant them , and get more heath without loosing much needed attribute points .
Items
For me this was the hardest part of this guide . I ll start with artifacts .
Basicly any artifact that gives you bonuses for either of the masteries is good . Bonus fire damage , offensive ability , resistances ( of course ) . For start Earthen Talisman or Molten Orb
can prove pretty useful , and you will be able to use them for further artifacts . If nothing else try making Shroud of Ethernal Night .
Then later on the two artifacts that cought my eye were either Dragontounge or Kingslayer both very useful , since both gives +1 to skills in either Warfare or Earth mastery .
Ok then there are relics . One of the best usable relic on your weapon would be Prometheus Flame , since it gives you bonus fire damage . But also there are some life stealing relics that are pretty useful . As for armor its simple , and kinda like any other toon . Armor + , resistances + , stats + . Basiclly your choice .
Ups , downs and tips
As any other toon Battlemage has it ups and downs . You can get pretty easy shattered by enemies due its low surivability . Play with more tactics , don’t be rambo and rush into million of mobs then wonder how did you spawn at rebirth fountain . This is not Conqueror and it doesn’t tank , he lets his Core Dweller do it 🙂 . Don’t get mad if you Battlemage is potion adicted , all of them are . Care about your mana it can get wasted pretty fast . Try getting Core Dweller as soon as you can . Also Battle Standard you way to , and against bosses . Use it as much as you can . If there is a bigger fight use it , its only a skill and it can save your ars . Farm . I know that all toons farm for their gear but Battlemage is one very gear depended toon . Attack speed will make your Dual Wield process more , so try getting some , even at cost of damage ( swords ) .
-Guide by Deathshadow

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-battlemage-guide/

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal