Author Topic: When does Loot get cooler looking?  (Read 6809 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Seanshineyouth

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
When does Loot get cooler looking?
« on: 06 July 2018, 08:54:19 »
Just bought the game on console, I’m enjoying the co-op a lot... I’m getting used to the control scheme (though a custom one would take it to the next level)...but the biggest concern I have is that the pace of the game feels a lot slower than more modern games... I’m finding mostly boring loot... I know the game has some interesting sets (consoles don’t have the expansions but I think there’s quite a few unique looking ones in the vanilla game unless I’m mistaken?)... I just finished the gorgons, when is the loot going to start to feel more Awesome looking?  Is there a certain chapter or whatever?  A certain difficulty mode?  Once you beat all the difficulties is there a way to farm for stuff? 

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: When does Loot get cooler looking?
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2018, 16:12:02 »
well its early game so no worries about loot, you will get it soon or later.

best way to farm are boss hunting ( telkines for exemple) our bone pile hunt ( since you can get some nice stuff in there)

kept it up
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Seanshineyouth

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2018, 17:31:03 »
Oh ok!  I like the stat builds but I really like making my character cooler looking.  I thought I was like half way through... So loot def does get cooler looking?  Or is it going to be mostly color swaps?

how do you farm bosses then?  Do I just kill the boss then reset the game and do it again?

Thanks for the response!

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2018, 18:14:02 »
Oh ok!  I like the stat builds but I really like making my character cooler looking.  I thought I was like half way through... So loot def does get cooler looking?  Or is it going to be mostly color swaps?

how do you farm bosses then?  Do I just kill the boss then reset the game and do it again?

Thanks for the response!

there are very cool loooking sets and weapons , but they dont appear at early game,

Yes, farming boss are like that, focus the ones you can kill faster, making your own "farming route" :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2018, 22:59:48 »
your topic reminded me of my long been snubbed topic  ;D

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=343.0

(title: Post your cool-looking or ugly-looking characters here)
« Last Edit: 06 July 2018, 23:01:20 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Seanshineyouth

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2018, 23:09:47 »
Are those pics Titan quest 1 or 2?  Also are those armors in the vanilla game? Consoles don’t have dlc yet :( ALSO I didn’t realize there was a Titan quest 2... I hope the dlc for 1 and then the sequel come to consoles...

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2018, 23:20:10 »
Are those pics Titan quest 1 or 2?  Also are those armors in the vanilla game? Consoles don’t have dlc yet :( ALSO I didn’t realize there was a Titan quest 2... I hope the dlc for 1 and then the sequel come to consoles...

there is not Tq 2 ( yet :D )

Last november new expac ( 2nd one) went live for pc atm, the console have base game for now plus the 1st expansion if im correct.

Nordic the company that reboot the game are planning to work on last expac for consoles , just give bit more time :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Seanshineyouth

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2018, 23:50:16 »
Really? Did they ever officially say that expansions were coming to console?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2018, 00:25:12 »
i read somewhere that rune mastery now appears on the mastery selection screen but is currently greyed out (not yet selectable).. i also read that there are many bugs on console but the devs are working on them

as for your question earlier, only the shield worn by the red guy is dlc only.. the rest are vanilla items
« Last Edit: 07 July 2018, 00:26:43 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Seanshineyouth

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2018, 05:07:43 »
I can confirm the rune is grayed out on console... also that there are thrown weapons at vendors that say “requires ragnarok”... was that not there when the console version launched?  If it was just added that might be a good sign that they’re working on it!

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 07 July 2018, 09:31:31 »
I can confirm the rune is grayed out on console... also that there are thrown weapons at vendors that say “requires ragnarok”... was that not there when the console version launched?  If it was just added that might be a good sign that they’re working on it!

they are working on it,

i guess they launch the base game 1st on consoles to see if had any sucess.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #11 on: 07 July 2018, 14:05:10 »
Welcome to the game and to the forum.  Most of the items in botebote77's link are in the main game so you should be able to find them eventually.  Some are blue (Epic) items and some are purple (Legendary) ones.  For you this means some blues will be dropping in Normal difficulty but you're unlikely to see many, if any, Legendary ones.  Once you hit Epic difficulty (the game has 3 btw) then more Legendary items will start dropping.

And fyi, you're about halfway through Act 1.  There are 4 Acts in the console version of the game: Greece (Act 1), Egypt (Act 2), Orient (Act 3) and Underworld (Act 4).  So you still have a LONG way to go to finish Normal, before you can then start all over in Epic difficulty.  And when you finish that, start over in Legendary.

If/when the Ragnarök expansion hits the consoles that will be Act 5.

Originally when Iron Lore made the base game it was Titan Quest with 3 Acts.  Then Iron Lore brought out Immortal Throne which added the Underworld as a 4th Act expansion.  However, when Nordic brought out the Anniversary Edition of the game they combined both of these into one game which is what the consoles also now have.

If you're enjoying the game then you might want to keep an eye on Grim Dawn which is the spiritual successor to TQIT.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/index.php

It's made by some of the developers who worked on TQIT and uses the TQ engine, though much improved over the last years.  It also has cool looking loot and also an Illusionist where, once you've found an item, you can pay to cover your current not so cool gear with stuff that is. I don't know what console you're using, but GD will be coming to Xbox in the future and of course it's available on PC.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Seanshineyouth

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 08 July 2018, 04:40:41 »
Thank you for the detailed response! 

So you mean to say that some of those cooler looking things are blues, and those will drop in normal, but it’s really the harder difficulty that drops the best stuff... right?

Also, I have ps4 and I’m most interested in couch co-op.  I’d love for grim dawn to come to ps4 but I’ve heard the devs say it won’t happen Bc of the operating system differences... also no couch co-op it seems...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #13 on: 08 July 2018, 09:29:07 »
Yes, there's a mix of things in those pictures.  In the first they are mostly MIs (Monster Infrequents).  These sometimes drop from specific monsters only hence the MI tag and are available in all 3 difficulties.  You'll notice a slightly different colour green when you find an MI and it won't have any affixes or suffixes shown.

The candy stripe shield is what is called an Easter Egg item (a fun/silly thing the devs put into the game) which can be found in the Secret Passage which is in Act 4 near Rhodes.  However it needs a special item called The Overlord to access the Passage and that only drops from the final boss in Act 4, but not always so may need to be farmed.  Once you have one though you can put it in your transfer stash for other characters to use.  There are a whole bunch of Easter Eggs sets which you can find in the Secret Passage only.  Their stats are usually a bit overpowered.  They're blue (Epic) items.

The weapon is Iris which is a Legendary (Purple) item.

MIs come in sets and blue/purples can be individual items or sets. In the first picture that's a Shaman's Headdress.  There's also an Adornment, Coil and Leggings which make up the MI set.  They drop from Neanderthal shamen in Act 3.

In the second it's a mix of blue and purple items, third and fourth are all purples I think.

Things which will help you in your quest for loot if they get modified for console use are the TQVault (infinite out of game storage) and TQCollector (shows you the special items in the game like MIs, Uniques (Blue/Purple items/sets), etc, what you've found so far and what's still missing and who and where they drop from).

No, I don't think GD will be ported to PS4.  Crate Entertainment are a small indie team consisting of only 14 people so don't have the same sort of resources that Nordic have. 

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal