Author Topic: Grim Dawn  (Read 4445 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grim Dawn
« on: 08 May 2018, 04:30:50 »
1. Is the DLC worth buying?

2. In the Grim Dawn Defiler,when I give a toon more iron bits and save it, the increase does not show up in the game. What am I doing wrong, or is that a bug or what?
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Grim Dawn
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2018, 07:32:48 »
Which DLC are you talking about Cleglaw?  Crucible?  The AoM expansion? 

Crucible is a random arena DLC where you fight waves of foes to earn loot and challenge your build basically.  You start at 0 wave and can work up to 170; a wave is 10 at a time so 0 to 10 then stop, talk to Lokaar to decide whether to continue or get loot (if you do you start back at 0 again).  If you die you also have the choice of collecting loot before beginning again.  The thing is the higher you get your level the better loot you'll get so if you succeed at 10 it's better to push on to 20, then to 30, etc, for better rewards.  3 difficulties Aspirant, Challenger and Gladiator.  It's good for farming runs I understand, but personally I find it boring and don't play it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/483840/Grim_Dawn__Crucible_Mode_DLC/

The AoM expansion adds another 2 acts to the main campaign and also adds the Inquisitor and Necromancer masteries along with new heroes/bosses, loot, factions, etc.  Yes, it's definitely worth getting.  Unlike TQIT/AE where you have to play the expansion to unlock the next difficulty Crate have made it so once you kill Loghorrean the next difficulty is unlocked so you can skip the expansion on lower difficulties if you want to. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/642280/Grim_Dawn__Ashes_of_Malmouth_Expansion/

Bear in mind that there's a 2nd expansion in the works which should be released later this year and it will require you to have AoM installed to be able to play it.

You'd need to post in the GDDefiler thread over on the GD forum to see what Soul has to say.  I've never used it for anything other than seeing where my toons are ingame so not sure what's working and what isn't yet.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2018, 08:09:47 »
Thanks a lot for the info. That is exactly what I needed to know.
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2018, 08:27:16 »
For Crucible a lot of people use it to level toons early since they can get Devotion points there too.  It also has some buffs you can spend your earned Tributes on getting and they last for a wave.  The AoM expansion adds two more arenas so now up to 6, but they are randomised so no way to choose which one you want apart from exiting and starting again.  The 1.0.6.0 patch which is hopefully coming out this week will include some adjustments/tuning pass to the Crucible.  It will also add a new boss area in Ugdenbog (part of the AoM expansion) and 3 new legendary sets.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2018, 11:26:24 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2021, 08:09:06 »
It's taken years, but at last it's finally happening.  Grim Dawn is coming to Xbox! 

"We are thrilled to grow our community on the Xbox and expand the ARPG offering on console. Grim Dawn will debut on Xbox with a “Definitive Edition” that assembles years of expansions and free content updates into one convenient package by bundling the Ashes of Malmouth expansion, Forgotten Gods expansion, and the Crucible game mode!

Finally Xbox players will be able to explore the darkest corners of Grim Dawn’s vast, immersive world, where secrets abound and untold terrors lurk. Known for its rewarding itemization, dual class system, choice and consequence questing, factions and rewarding end-game activities, Grim Dawn is sure to entice fans of the genre both new and old.

Preorders become available November 22nd, with the game release on December 3rd!"

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-is-coming-to-xbox/112039

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal