Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 230192 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Version 2 Development
« Reply #135 on: 29 January 2018, 16:59:36 »
I've hit an unexpected and rather game breaking snag. The game crashes with saved characters after having made changes to the games monsters.

I restored all the proxies and monster files to vanilla and it still crashes, and not a crash from an illegal variable access, the TQIT.exe crashes to desktop without an error log or exception.txt at all.

I'm completely stumped.

So I have had to make a strategic withdrawal if I want to still make a mod at all.

I am going to archive the map I've made changes to and try to develop in the disc TQ:IT version for everything I can. Then later add AE. Then add Ragnarok.

Wish I knew what was happening when it crashed, but I'm not that smart. So I will do what I know I guess.

I don't expect I will be updating this thread for awhile lol.

Well, back to the salt mine.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #136 on: 29 January 2018, 17:39:03 »
Ouch, double ouch, triple ouch, multiple ouches.  :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: 29 January 2018, 19:54:45 »
I've hit an unexpected and rather game breaking snag.

In other words, to play v2.0, you must start with new character?

If yes, that's no problem for me. ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #138 on: 29 January 2018, 20:32:26 »
I've hit an unexpected and rather game breaking snag.

In other words, to play v2.0, you must start with new character?

If yes, that's no problem for me. ;)

isnt the problem, its more of game crashes
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: 29 January 2018, 21:32:05 »
Yeah, the possibility that a new character will have to be made is a given. It's a new mod and the way the game handles mods makes it impossible to swap characters between mods, at least those with major changes.

My problem is that if the game crashes whenever I play test a change, how can I complete a mod at all?

That's what I am facing right now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: 02 February 2018, 23:03:42 »
Well, remember how I said I didn't want to start from scratch? Yeah, about that...

I've created a new mod from scratch. Right now, I have imported all the skills for the player and that's it.

Had some weird things happening in the last mod. I used all the vanilla skill file names thinking that you could import a character from vanilla, but the game would still display the vanilla skills. For example, I turned "Maul" into a pet modifier for the Forest Nymphs, but in game it was still maul. Weird.

So I checked and double checked the skilltree, the ingameui (where the skills are assigned to their respective buttons) and the skill files themselves and everything was set and ready. But it didn't work. The game insisted it was supposed to be the vanilla skill Maul.

So I decided to go the opposite route. Instead of setting up my database in the same structure as vanilla, I have placed all custom files in LoC_records instead of records. So far there has been no issues. But you won't be able to use any other character to play this mod but one from scratch. FEEL MY PAIN. :D

No crashes yet, so I'll keep going.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: 02 February 2018, 23:06:31 »
its good to see its working well atm.

Great luck !
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: 03 February 2018, 02:24:45 »
Bumbleguppy, can we rename 1st post in this topic from "Version 2 Development" to "Version 2 Development LOC" or something similar?
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: 03 February 2018, 02:28:03 »
Yeah, that's okay.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #144 on: 03 February 2018, 14:34:27 »
Does it need it since it's in the Legion of Champions AE section?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: 05 February 2018, 22:08:41 »
Today I added the game map to the mod (the one I had already worked on) and I made it to Megara with only one crash.

This time it crashed with an exception.txt which had a Shader error, which is a first.

I was using a custom mesh for Leimon the Zombie mini boss in Tegea, so I changed it to a vanilla mesh and no crash.

At least the evidence is accumulating to tell me WHY it crashes. It must be the custom meshes I've added. Well, some of them. Forest Nymphs and Magma Sprites aren't crashing it.

I noticed today that since Ragnarok, you no longer get blue and yellow checkers if the texture for a mesh isn't found, instead you get a uniform beige which makes me sad. It isn't as obvious as the old one. It also explains why all the meshes in Viewer.exe are that uniform color now, too. The path to the textures is wrong for Rag meshes. But I have yet to figure out where Viewer is getting it's files from so I don't know how to fix it yet.

Once I figure it out, I could extract and dump the Rag  creature meshes and textures in that folder. Oh well.

Decided to make Magma Sprites have the same spawn increment per level as wolves. Having one tanky one was just like having two coredwellers. They are still strong against poison and fire, but have a more average resistance to most everything else. I thought, since they are made of rock, they should also have a vitality resist boost as well.

I took the infinite potions out of all vendors and placed potions in the melee merchant's inventory with the same spawn rate as scrolls. So you can buy 5 or 6 per visit. Also, potions spawn from bonepiles and chests but at a much reduced rate than vanilla.

I'm not having any problem keeping up myself, plenty to spare, but I guess some people may struggle. We'll see.

I restored onslaught's base skill to +%physical, but I did add flat regen to ignore pain and +%regen to ardor.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: 05 February 2018, 22:24:11 »
maybe the problem after all was a random meshing issue.

But im happy to see its going well, its a hard work after all, starting almost from 0 , and redoing the new content, three our four times.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: 06 February 2018, 01:45:43 »
I just had an idea.

Look, I never use Ternion. I haven't used it in over 10 years. And there's a part of me that's a rebel and likes to cheese people off. Like having no potions. :)

Anyway, since there are no native vitality staffs, what about a vitality staff-like projectile skill? Like the Lich Queen in Act 5 but starting with one projectile. It can carry all damage too so Earth and Storm will synergize nicely.

Spirit Strike and Cascade are a pretty good substitute anyway.

No cooldown but a little mana heavy to fit the Spirit theme.

I've already added the giant volcanic orb spirit strike skill as a tier 7 skill. Maybe this is what is needed to make Spirit a real caster class finally.

Pew pew pew!

EDIT: Well, I realized I still have one slot left for Spirit anyway, so I'm gonna do it. No modifiers, that's sad. Would be cool to do a Flurry of Knives on it.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2018, 01:50:25 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: 06 February 2018, 14:05:32 »
Also, potions spawn from bonepiles and chests but at a much reduced rate than vanilla.

Oh, I can't wait to finish v2.0 in Solo-Self-Found playthrough.

Hype!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: 07 February 2018, 01:11:51 »
Made it to the town below Arachne without crashing. So far so good.

I made the Obsidian Obelisks into monster generators with a vitality decay + fear aura. Placing more of them all around the world. Well, up through Orient, there aren't any after Typhon. I never realized how many surround the early Tigerman camps.

Health shrines come back to use again pretty much instantly.

Brigand's Bow in act 1 grants Envenom Weapon on equip now. I always thought it was a pretty weak MI, not even worth selling.  I should add it to an MI set with the Hood of the Magi and Staff and armband so bow or casters can use the same set.

Because of the lack of mana potions, my Summoner is having to actually equip +energy items. Haven't done that since I was a newb. :)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal