Author Topic: Berserker build guide  (Read 30397 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Berserker build guide
« on: 24 August 2018, 14:01:54 »
Hey guys,

I recently got into the game again. I enjoy trying to make quirky mastery combinations work, and although berserkers certainly aren't quirky I think its a hard class to build properly, and I do enjoy a challenge. Initially I posted this on reddit but I figure it might be more helpful here.

I wanted to make a throwing weapon based onslaught build (after using rune weapon line too many times on other builds I wanted something else), however I ended up melee. The main consideration in this class is going int or strength based. Because I wanted to use onslaught strength is the obivous choice, as well as letting me wear heavier armour in compensation for lacking a shield.

The main plan was to stack as many attack procs as possible and rely on adcth to sustain me. I just finished the game and it was pretty much a breeze up to the last part of A5 where the little demon archer things were very annoying. I played it mostly self found, I think the only thing I transferred was an amulet. If you spend the time to farm this build up I think its probably one of the best boss killers in the game on a par with conqueror or harbingers.

So these are our procs: All the dual weapon line, reckless offence, runeword:explode, battle and sacred rage. Combined with dropping a standard at bosses=chunked bosses.

For defense we rely on attack damage converted to health (adcth). As well as keeping our resists as close to capped as possible. Most important is physical resistance if we can get it, mostly from dionysus relics socketed in rings/amulet.

On to the build:

Early levelling:

Magical charge (yes I know this was supposed to be an onslaught build) it just carries too hard and makes the first difficulty almost trivial.

level 25 ish:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc85a785a7rune067c.html?mastery=Berserker&master1=10&master2=3&sa=0&m1=4-1-0-1-16-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=24-6-1-0-0-8-0-0-0-4-10-0-0-0-0-6-0-0-0-0-0

At the beginning of epic we go dual wield and onslaught (start putting pts in dual wield to prepare for the change at the end of normal).

level 40 more or less [start of epic] (went dual wield and onslaught):

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc85a785a7rune067c.html?mastery=Berserker&master1=10&master2=3&sa=0&m1=10-0-0-6-0-1-0-0-0-10-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-2-6-8-6-0-6-4-10-0-6-3-0-6-0-0-4-6-0-0

level 65-ish:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc85a785a7rune067c.html?mastery=Berserker&master1=10&master2=3&sa=0&m1=32-0-0-6-0-1-0-1-6-10-0-0-0-0-1-12-0-8-0-0-6-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-8-6-0-6-4-10-1-6-3-0-6-0-0-4-6-0-0

After shock + standard is really strong.

Final build:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc85a785a7rune067c.html?mastery=Berserker&master1=10&master2=3&sa=0&m1=32-0-0-6-0-1-0-1-6-10-0-0-0-0-1-12-0-8-0-0-6-0-0&m2=32-6-12-8-6-8-6-0-6-12-10-1-6-3-0-6-0-0-6-6-0-0

As far as skills go you could swap sacred rage for doom horn, for when your surrounded, I just like the automation of sacred rage when you get low.

Items:

For sustain the most important is having ADCTH on your weapons, as my artifact I used soul shiver a low level artifact which gives adcth through the whole game. I'm using two Phonoi monster infrequents from A4 which always have ADCTH as a mod on them, socketed with Achilles' relic. If you have attack speed from other relics you could swap them out for anubis' wrath or peng claws, whatever suits your need. As long as you can keep your attack speed capped at 200 its fine. Remember onslaught grants you some attack speed so if you hit something like 175 attack speed its enough. I also farmed stonebinder cuffs in legendary and I'm using a hallowed helm that dropped somewhere along the way as my head socket for a total +4 skills socketed with erebus crystal which rolled 20% all resist including secondary resists. Clearly there is a lot of room for improvement with my items but I had absolutely no problem breezing through the game.

Attribute points:
One of the weaknesses of this build is the low hp, rune gives 640 when maxed and warfare 1140. So it's very important to spend at least some points on health in this build. My distribution mostly looked like this:

3/2/1 str/dex/health, however, I put the points from my first levels into health as well as most of the bonus attribute points from quests. I also socketed one of my rings with dionysus relic with hp completion bonus (450 on legendary), I have 6k which I feel is enough.

You will find yourself chugging potions vs undead, for most of epic and legendary I just ran past undead mobs.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 29 August 2018, 11:31:40 by Billy_pilgrim »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Berserker build guide
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2018, 14:58:08 »
ah now i know you are IceNinetyNine  ;)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2018, 16:34:49 »
...For sustain the most important is having ADCTH on your weapons, as my artifact I used soul wrath (?) something like that a, low level artifact which gives adcth through the whole game...

More like Soul Shiver, yeah this Artifacts is quite good, its "% of Attack damage converted to Health" scales well with difficulties.

I see you've put points in Reckless Offense very late game, so my question is:

Do the Dual Wield tree and Reckless Offense go well together? In other words does it raise your DPS through the roof? ^^

« Last Edit: 24 August 2018, 16:37:28 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2018, 00:43:58 »
Do you have a picture of your character's gear in the late-game?

Also, you mentionned ADCTH on Soul Shiver. What about Elemental Rage? (https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/elemental-rage)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2018, 21:35:21 »
ah now i know you are IceNinetyNine  ;)

I am indeed!

...For sustain the most important is having ADCTH on your weapons, as my artifact I used soul wrath (?) something like that a, low level artifact which gives adcth through the whole game...

More like Soul Shiver, yeah this Artifacts is quite good, its "% of Attack damage converted to Health" scales well with difficulties.

I see you've put points in Reckless Offense very late game, so my question is:

Do the Dual Wield tree and Reckless Offense go well together? In other words does it raise your DPS through the roof? ^^

I tested and as far as I could tell I got (roughly) the same amount of reckless offence procs with and without the DW tree, so I assume the proc gets inserted in the formula with the other procs.

Do you have a picture of your character's gear in the late-game?

Also, you mentionned ADCTH on Soul Shiver. What about Elemental Rage? (https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/elemental-rage)

Elemental rage would work too, soul shiver is just easier to get. I got to the end of act 5 with atreaus breatplate 2x phonoi soul shiver, yellow rings (hp/resist da/resist) stonebiner cuffs and athenas battlegreaves and a hallowed helmet. My amulet is myrmidons pendant. Now that I've started farming I'm wearing mantel of sol'jun, and I swapped my relic to star of Ishtar for the %str and dex so I could wear trollwrestler greaves. One of my phonoi has Anubis wrath socketed and the other has achilles I did lose dps going for star of ishtar but it helps with resist as well, symbol of the polymath might be good too. Honestly there is no wrong way to build this, its very flexible.   

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal