Author Topic: You can start as a level 40 player in Ragnarok (?)  (Read 13419 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You can start as a level 40 player in Ragnarok (?)
« on: 11 January 2018, 12:54:08 »
Hello, can anyone explain to me how this works? I started in a new act completely naked and level 40, but from what i know, ragnarok is not really easy. So what is the purpose of this?
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: You can start as a level 40 player in Ragnarok (?)
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2018, 15:14:04 »
I assume it's for people who've played the main game to death, have plenty of gear in their Vaults to raid, etc, so they can try out the expansion straightaway rather than ploughing through 4 Acts yet again.  I haven't tried it, but how much money does an L40 toon start with in the expansion?  I also assume you have skill/attribute points up to that level to use as well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2018, 17:54:05 »
Yup, level 40, all skill/attribute points (including quest rewards) that you'd normally have and about 2.5 million gold IIRC.

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2018, 18:15:19 »
yup 2.5M with 10 health pots and no mana pots, it used to be 1M.. it's a good mule character because it has all 3 extra bags

there actually are characters that can start at lvl40 untwinked.. i have tried some before just for tests wearing only store bought items.. i also think a bit of self-farming would be necessary at some point

an ice sharder - but a lot of picking up items and selling just to sustain mana.. picking up nature or dream might help

mage haruspex - distortion wave is badass even with 4sec cooldown

summoner - core dweller can live through most of the mobs in act 5 except those water nixies.. regrowth and refresh and would help

trapper - an experienced trapper can make it work

edit: i actually think ragnarok is easier because of all those new items and the new drop rate.. it seems even even bone piles have a better chance now of dropping blues/purples.. but it's still early to tell.. and i don't play melees anymore so i can't tell from the side of a melee char
« Last Edit: 11 January 2018, 19:58:07 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2018, 00:29:09 »
This is interesting, do you mean to say that the drop rate changes in act 5? So far, im in act 1 normal, and the  drop rate is basically what it was in IT.. pretty bad.. I have probably found less than 10 blue items in 20 hours of game play. Another question, once i finish act 4 does the story continue in act 5 or do i have to play an act 5 exclusive character in order to farm there?
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2018, 04:23:52 »
I don't know the numbers %chance but by just getting through the story (playing 3 characters, 1 in normal, 1 in epic, 1 in legendary), so far i got:

carnyx staff normal act 5

ring of the three normal act 5

a green helm with recharge

lots of MIs

possibly there are more but i can't check I'm using my tablet right now

epic i got lots of blues/purples mostly throwing weapons, all without farming

legendary, the ones i shared here:

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=169.msg1450#msg1450

those are just the new items.. i also got some of the old goodies like myrmidon's pendant, polydegmon, etc. maybe I'm just lucky but there's also this in the 1.50 changelog:

- Geneally improved unique item distribution and drop progression across difficulties

- Removed drops of Act 1-3 unique items in Act 5 Normal and Epic in favor of more new items

i assume more new items in the game means more items to drop?

after defeating Hades, Persephone opens a portal that takes you to Corinth (1st town act 5).. from there the story continues

edit: the carnyx staff has an interesting hidden attribute which i detailed here:

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=182.msg1612#msg1612

edit 2: i remember killing fafnir and sultr like 3 times each just to see their skills and how to counter them.. maybe that counts as farming as i got blessing of the moirae from fafnir the 2nd dance.. iirc tunic of the alfather from sultr the 3rd dance.. by those repeated battles i discovered fafnir has low energy leech resist and sultr deals bleed damage on his meteor like skill
« Last Edit: 12 January 2018, 06:28:30 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2018, 09:36:49 »
This is interesting, do you mean to say that the drop rate changes in act 5? So far, im in act 1 normal, and the  drop rate is basically what it was in IT.. pretty bad.. I have probably found less than 10 blue items in 20 hours of game play. Another question, once i finish act 4 does the story continue in act 5 or do i have to play an act 5 exclusive character in order to farm there?

Yes, Act 4 goes straight into Act 5.  Do as you would to unlock the next difficulty.  Talk to Persephone, go through the portal she opens and voila there you are - Act 5.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2018, 13:51:11 »
Btw i have yet to see shield smash an disable work, i have had them since low levels and now im level 21, and they have never proced. Can anyone confirm pls?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2018, 22:18:28 »
I have a Runesmith which just made it into epic difficulty, and his passives definitely do proc.
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2018, 01:01:59 »
How good is Runesmith in epic difficulty? Is yours str based or int based with transmutation maxed?

I might make one soon..
« Last Edit: 22 January 2018, 01:17:27 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2018, 01:37:57 »
I have no points in transmutation as of yet. I am in the beginning of Act IV. The toon is certainly not immortal, but is highly resilient with a very reasonable kill speed. See this thread https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=236.0 for some details about the build.
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2018, 01:45:31 »
Thanks, will do..

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal