Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
F1
« on: 24 December 2017, 00:12:23 »
I just saw news how it is very possible that Ferrari and maybe Mercedes and Renault will leave Formula 1 around 2020, because of new Formula 1 owners from USA. I've been watching F1 in past, rarely nowadays, but this is really shocking. Maybe we will have a new reality, new organization where will be included more super-cars which will replace F1 which will if probably die.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: F1
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2017, 11:01:16 »
This has been floating around story-wise for a little while now efko.  The manufacturers and drivers are unhappy with the direction the new owners are taking F1.  A couple of links for you.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41857101

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/42314309

As for a new supercar championship - I think it's unlikely.  Who would fund it for a start?  The FIA, the manufacturers themselves?  More likely is that Formula E will come more to the fore and there's also going to be a driverless competition running alongside that in the future I understand.  The main manufacturers are already getting more involved in Formula E.  Renault are already there, have been from the start, and BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche and Nissan Nismo are joining in the next couple of years.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal