Author Topic: Any way to change the accomplished hero ?  (Read 4053 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Any way to change the accomplished hero ?
« on: 20 February 2020, 21:56:24 »
Do you know if there is a dbr to change the accomplished hero (level, gold, stats, starting point...) Or maybe a quest file ?
Or they hardcoded it ?
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Any way to change the accomplished hero ?
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2020, 20:06:18 »
If you find a way to change accomplished hero properties, it would be fine to put him directly on Helos starting point in legendary mode.

Acts I to IV + Ragnarok + Atlantis take sooooo long now to play that i believe they are a serious impediment for many players to redo all the adventure in the 3 difficulties.
Normal and epic difficulties are rather boring if you have decent gear and people don't have extensive game time. Fun comes mainly in legendary mode. I bet that a simple mod with an accomplished hero in legendary difficulty would have some success on steam.
« Last Edit: 21 February 2020, 20:08:09 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2020, 23:34:45 »
I don't know if it is possible, but I think that if it wasn't hardcoded, it could be modified in a quest (or quest reward) file, maybe.

And that might be the unpopular opinion : I don't think the Accomplished Hero feature should be changed. I already find that it saves a lot of time; arguably the most boring phases of the game. However, starting straight off to Legendary seems overtuned to me. There's two type of people here : people who have little time to spare for games and those veterans of the game who are too good to do anything else but end-game. Endgame, by definition, should be at the end; you should work for it. Every game should be long and offer a lot of content; getting straight to the end part basically shortens the game and reduces its replayability.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2020, 01:04:04 »
Another viewpoint can be argued but this would take the thread off-topic.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal