Author Topic: Ragnarok development priorities  (Read 8268 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Ragnarok development priorities
« on: 08 October 2018, 00:11:42 »
How did Nordic managed to make Russian voice acting about as good as the original game where there was professional by whoever did the disc version (Buka?), and then completely fuck up the English one? Its a shame to even complain about that when they should have made less of it to begin with, to save budget on unique models for the expansion. To not make hero character models into guards and the like  >:(

This expansion priorities are all wrong with a dozen native voice acting for mobs, console versions (that are even also fucked up I heard) and then reusing models from the original game on industrial scale.

Someone did the effort to model this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glauberg Good job by the way. Impressed.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Only to fuck it up completely with that guard model. There are more of them in that settlement too

Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Ragnarok development priorities
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2018, 02:37:24 »
I agree the voice-acting is pretty lame at some places. I think of the lines of the Scironian bandits : «OOOH, A CUSTOMER!».

My main complaint regarding the Ragnarok DLC would be the questionnable balance regarding certain new items (Giant's Tooth), some extremely obnoxious items (Headhunter's Pride, Wrath of Jǫrmungandr), some completely irrelevant items (the whole The Shade set), some items with a lack of design effort (Torso of Loki, Harness of Cernunnos)...

The faces of the guards being the same of our heroes is quite unfortunate, but I think it is pretty minor. At worst, it was used as placeholders and they forgot to replace them, who knows?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2018, 03:14:33 »
New devs are crazy.. they make sapros almost unusable but they make new OP items.. they give us 39 more skill points to spend but they don't increase the number of skills.. i still think the mastery bar should be increased to 40

AE was fine for me.. but ragnarok.. I'll just say they could've done it so much better
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2018, 05:08:24 »
New devs are crazy.. they make sapros almost unusable but they make new OP items.. they give us 39 more skill points to spend but they don't increase the number of skills.. i still think the mastery bar should be increased to 40

AE was fine for me.. but ragnarok.. I'll just say they could've done it so much better

i would have liked to see two things.  First, mastery bar go from 32-64 where you could conceptually single class and then have like 2 ultimate skills at 64.  i would have also liked to see a specific mastery page for your final class that gets unlocked when you max out both mastery bars and that would go 1-4-10.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2018, 13:38:10 »

i would have liked to see two things.  First, mastery bar go from 32-64 where you could conceptually single class and then have like 2 ultimate skills at 64.  i would have also liked to see a specific mastery page for your final class that gets unlocked when you max out both mastery bars and that would go 1-4-10.

As nice as this would have been, this would require massive modifications on how the skill system works.

Also... it has nothing to do with Ragnarok, unless you suggested binding this system to a DLC, wich I think would be stupid.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2018, 18:36:17 »
The faces of the guards being the same of our heroes is quite unfortunate, but I think it is pretty minor. At worst, it was used as placeholders and they forgot to replace them, who knows?
If that was a single issue I'd rather not notice it myself, but then there are greek women in celtic and germanic settlements, plants are from China, birds from Egypt, half of environment and decorations reused, half mobs are from different acts. Birch forest looks like sudden snow in may... Let me guess, they were saving on models because they din't have money and worktime to spend on them. They were spent on bandits shouting in dozen different languages and console.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2018, 20:49:09 »
I agree the voice-acting is pretty lame at some places. I think of the lines of the Scironian bandits : «OOOH, A CUSTOMER!».

My main complaint regarding the Ragnarok DLC would be the questionnable balance regarding certain new items (Giant's Tooth), some extremely obnoxious items (Headhunter's Pride, Wrath of Jǫrmungandr), some completely irrelevant items (the whole The Shade set), some items with a lack of design effort (Torso of Loki, Harness of Cernunnos)...

Could you be more specific (here or MP) about what's wrong with those items ? From what I see :
- Giants Tooth gives too much Strength and Phys Dam (espacially +80% Str), combined with reduced resistances
- What do you mean by obnoxious (too good, or good but with upsetting flaws)? Headhunter has good bonuses but gives +2 Hunting and it's a mace, which doesn't make sense for most builds (except maybe Slayer). Wrath of Jormungandr gives a lot of bonuses, but I'm not sure what's wrong about it.
- Shades set actually reduces your resistances instead of increasing them (-320% when you combine 3 Elements and Vitality, only +160% when you combine Phys, Pierce, Poison and Bleeding), plus it has a 6 out of 7 bonus (no 7/7 ?), but you can't wear more than 5 items of this set anyways.
- Lack of design : do you mean the UI bitmaps/meshes don't look impressive ?

I'm planning on correcting these in Soulvizier mod.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08 October 2018, 23:12:15 »
Could you be more specific (here or MP) about what's wrong with those items ? From what I see :
- Giants Tooth gives too much Strength and Phys Dam (espacially +80% Str), combined with reduced resistances
- What do you mean by obnoxious (too good, or good but with upsetting flaws)? Headhunter has good bonuses but gives +2 Hunting and it's a mace, which doesn't make sense for most builds (except maybe Slayer). Wrath of Jormungandr gives a lot of bonuses, but I'm not sure what's wrong about it.
- Shades set actually reduces your resistances instead of increasing them (-320% when you combine 3 Elements and Vitality, only +160% when you combine Phys, Pierce, Poison and Bleeding), plus it has a 6 out of 7 bonus (no 7/7 ?), but you can't wear more than 5 items of this set anyways.
- Lack of design : do you mean the UI bitmaps/meshes don't look impressive ?

I'm planning on correcting these in Soulvizier mod.

- Yes, Giant's Tooth is ridiculously broken and kills diversity.
- Headhunter's is obnoxious because Hunting just isn't meant to be played with clubs. Wrath of Jormungandr just look like it has been given random bonuses and it's up to the player to figure what to do with it...
- The Shade set has negative resistance bonuses... I mean I would understand if there was another bonus that would make it worthwhile... but there isn't any, so this set is meaningless.
- Lack of design as in rushed and unpolished... Torso of Loki is the most unimpressive legendary item with the most boring and lazy design, it looks like a recolored tunic, it's kind of lame. There are many well made meshes in Ragnarok, but there is just as much terrible meshes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2018, 23:59:14 »
maybe with club focus warden Headhunter's works
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2018, 00:15:35 »

I guess... just like you could make a staff working with Warfare mastery.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 09 October 2018, 00:30:48 »
sometimes random bonuses is good.. it's boring if you let the devs decide for you

but giant's tooth is definitely OP.. there is no balance in that.. and it's not just giants tooth.. brisingamen, gungnir.. there are others.. when the devs nerfed sapros, i thought it's because they think it's too OP.. but with these new items, it seems the reason was they just want to promote ragnarok.. sapros needed to be nerfed but the nerf was way too much.. these new OP items need to be nerfed

and hey staff can be good for warfare

Spoiler for Hiden:
physical staff ternion.. carnyx staff has hidden 100% chance to pass through enemies so possibly also other physical staves.. combined with ternion and permanent battle standard, that's huge

another one is wraithlord's/allfather's staff petmaster warfare
« Last Edit: 09 October 2018, 06:38:30 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 09 October 2018, 00:52:39 »

I guess... just like you could make a staff working with Warfare mastery.

two different things , but i get it
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 11 October 2018, 09:13:05 »

disgusting
what were the devs thinking?

and it doesn't have a lvl requirement
that DA boost is ridiculous
« Last Edit: 11 October 2018, 09:16:08 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 11 October 2018, 09:36:45 »
They just want people to buy the expansion - get Ragnarok and you will have OP items. Not the best way to promote it tho...
That Freyja's lvl requirements - headpiece and armbands has them, i think they just forgot to add to the boots and torso.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 11 October 2018, 10:18:04 »
Balance of new itens its the thing i dont like very mch on ragnarok

they nerfed most strong itens in vanilla IT, because of balance, but they didint do it on new expact.

i hope they adjust some values soon. Our they want the players do the work for then ?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal