Author Topic: HELP, can't beat Epic Typhon  (Read 16092 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HELP, can't beat Epic Typhon
« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2018, 22:09:53 »
Made an online MP game and got help. Finally past Typhon, so let's see what happens when I gain a few levels (and can actually invest in Plague, without buying back skillpoints).

Don't know what is there to achieve with just two pet items but I won't be the person who advised that  :). Pet stats were added to some of the old items too. Off the top of my head I can remember Nemean lion braces. If you are going to do pets maybe its worth checking the database for more.

That whole set seems to be made for this, even though it was clearly intended for a melee Ranger, judging by the skill buffs.

I'm also aiming for this axe, and have been from the beginning. I should probably have mentioned that sooner, so the build would have made more sense.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2018, 19:33:52 »
Steamrolling, but expect to slow down in acts IV-V.
Yep, its all not really enough for act V legendary, had it all been Allfather's tier 7 it might. I can get to the end of it of course, but its a little below the comfort threshhold. I don't know what you are thinking to achieve with unbuffed pets,  :D now I am going to think any successful summoner with physical pets needs battle standard spam in late legendary to keep being successful. In addition to jewellery and staff of course

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2018, 20:45:12 »
You see, using 2 tier 5 ritualist's items with 60 damage instead of allfather's 111 together with 2 allfather's is the same as using just three allfather's. And had we not agreed above this is not a very good strategy. For a physical summoner, late legendary is more like two options: either you have ideal gear, OR you have battle standard to compensate some of it. Better to have both, but if you have neither, you clear slower, which is uncomfortable. Because mobs do all sorts of nasty shit they can twice and thrice in every fight. Imagine what both sorts of elves will do with you if you fight them for too long.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2018, 17:18:08 »
Yep, I was right about black elves, its trash and nightmare lol. I'd hold off any more summoners for now. At least until some better gear shows up? There was no such problem in IT when ritualist's was the highest tier an no mobs lvl 80+.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2018, 17:24:59 »
Yep, I was right about black elves, its trash and nightmare lol. I'd hold off any more summoners for now. At least until some better gear shows up? There was no such problem in IT when ritualist's was the highest tier an no mobs lvl 80+.

I guess the problem is that you can only buff perts so much with items, and you'll always remain somewhat dependent on their flat damage stats. Those stats scale with difficulties, and should last each difficulty, but they were never designed to last a fifth Act.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 07 June 2018, 01:05:14 »

What the fuck how is that possible that a mid-tier rumination even rolls with this level 68 prefix. Allfather's and wraithlord's are considered rare for whatever reason, unlike ritualist's and below, that are magical. It makes them a little rarer than they should be. I have 300 something hours in Anniversary and this is the first time I am seing one with any recharge at all, it might be another 300 before I see another one but with of focus instead of rumination.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #21 on: 07 June 2018, 03:01:57 »
off topic but relating to pets: i really feel traps are stronger than guardian stones.. guardian stones are sturdier but damage wise, traps are better.. all those flat damage to pets are best utilized by traps because of its rapid firing.. then plague reduces physical resist by absolute and since most physical res are at zero (probably), they become negative.. while most monsters in legendary have elem resist so they possibly don't get to negative

i have illusionist and skinchanger and i cast both pets all the time

another off topic: though both builds are pet heavy, the playstyles are worlds apart

edit: skinchanger is much more defensive and very much easier to play

3rd off topic: now I'm off to watch a possibly one-sided game 3 :)
« Last Edit: 07 June 2018, 04:26:19 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal