Author Topic: Rune Skills for Beginners [Ragnarök Guide]  (Read 93487 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Rune Skills for Beginners [Ragnarök Guide]
« Reply #15 on: 15 February 2018, 16:59:46 »
My mistake, in the Titan Quest database they go by Völva's Hardened Wraps. (Some items seem to be named differently in the game and in TQVault, does anyone know why?) Pretty amazing item, if you ask me, either way.

Little thing on Golden Shield of Pelaron: Other than the energy cost reduction, it also provides a flat bonus to energy (the database says +250, but it's random), and also +10 energy regeneration per second (which doesn't help you cast Energy Armor per se but it sure helps recovering your energy afterwards).

Remarks duly noted, Friend. 8)

Needless to say I've added your comments about the Golden Shield of Pelaron and Völva's Hardened Wraps.

Also good catch on these Wraps: I was just wowed by those crazy boots, they're clearly genius. They kinda remind me of: Athena's Battle Greaves.

Note: the Völva's Hardened Wraps don't show up on their dedicated page somehow, so I've linked to the "Wraps" category, the "Völva's Hardened Wraps" show up on the lower right corner just so you now.
« Last Edit: 15 February 2018, 17:11:54 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 16 February 2018, 15:30:55 »
I'll add a few things but i don't know if you've already mentioned these (your guide is too long i didn't read everything :)  )

from 1.54 changelog:
- Transmutation is now permanently active (but still requires Rune Weapon)

outsider is still better than guardian stones because it uses a weapon and it deals mix physical and elemental.. so it benefits more from bonus to all pets and auras like CotH, blade honing, etc.. it's also not stationary

runeword:explode also works on melee.. it's effective actually because at melee range, mobs gather around you closely and when it procs, you hit multiple monsters.. there are no projectiles on melee weapons though so there are also no fragments

transmutation converts physical.. and elemental conversion happens before pierce conversion so pierce damage and transmutation don't go well together

by eyetest, magical charge and energy drain affects throwing knife (rogue skill).. only eyetest though so you decide if you include it.. but the energy leech from energy drain is very noticeable

rune of life description should be fixed now.. clear cache might be needed

now if you're thinking of including me in your credits, you already did (indirectly) so no need :)  .. when you said the good people at kirmiziperfect for their Titan Quest Ragnarök Calculator, 2 are actually members in this forum.. 1st is pain who is also global admin.. 2nd is JollyGreenFox, i don't think he's a member yet.. talked to him a bit on reddit, seemed like a nice guy and the few errors i can understand because he's also self-taught.. 3rd is yours truly :)
edit: and oh yeah stonedonkey for the original
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 15:50:20 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 16 February 2018, 16:57:47 »
...your guide is too long i didn't read everything :)  )...

Pffft! You lazy boy, how dare you! I’ve put a lot of heart into this guide. ^^

More seriously I can’t really blame you, the faq is relatively long-winded.

from 1.54 changelog: -Transmutation is now permanently active (but still requires Rune Weapon)

Acknowledged.

rune of life description should be fixed now

Indeed. So my comment about the "Rune of Life "tooltip being erroneous on the calculator has been obviously removed.

...now if you're thinking of including me in your credits...

No worries. You earned it: a seat in the Hall of Contributors. :))

Just note that Post 1 has barely any more room left, so I'll do my best.

EDIT: I made it, barely. I had to prune some of the text on post 1 a bit. But i'ts ok.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 17:50:03 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2018, 22:44:17 »
No worries. You earned it: a seat in the Hall of Contributors. :))
lol i said no need.. i was serous
Pffft! You lazy boy, how dare you! I’ve put a lot of heart into this guide. ^^
i understand.. i still won't read everything though  ;D
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 21 February 2018, 01:06:39 »
suggestion: since you started this, why don't we make a guide for each mastery then rank each skill/skill tree ala Poinas style.. but we make it like a group work.. then admins can decide where to move them later if we ever got this done.. I'm willing to start with rogue since it's my favorite.. legowarrior already started with nature .. it just lacks my suggested ranking.. i also made a mini guide on storm as a reply to his thread.. you do earth too Croc :)
edit: or firebrand if he's willing

anybody up for this? and admins, is this good for this forum?

PS: i suggested skill rankings because iirc, Poinas included his own in his original guide i think.. but I'm hesitant because just because a skill is ranked 5/5 doesn't mean it's a must for every build

edit: I'm picturing this as the possible AE/R version of Poinas' guide.. many skills are different now.. throwing knife is different now.. wood lore is different now.. distortion wave is different now.. circle of power is different now.. CDR cap would affect the skill rankings.. also the DA nerf?
« Last Edit: 21 February 2018, 03:20:36 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 21 February 2018, 14:00:34 »
Hi, dear botebote77! I commend the idea. But seriously mate are you trying to kill me or something? Allow me explain :P:

- First Poinas Guide for All Skills is LEGENDARY ! When I started writing the "Rune Beginner’s Guide" I had no pretention to write something as thorough as Poinas’. To this day the level of excellence of his guide quite unmatched as far as faq writing goes,

- you noticed I didn’t give ratings for Skills. indeed in my view since the Anniversary Edition they is no such thing as a bad Skill anymore. In AE you can make most skills work somehow,

- writing a BIG guide like that would need to try E-V-E-R-Y Skill extensively. If you remember, Poinas –Bless his Soul^^,  tried a gazillion of builds on various Difficulties, it takes an aweful lot of time to do this,

- Also the valour of a Skill depends on your build, this is why sometimes Poinas gave several ratings to the same Skill!, 

- Then there’s the matter of time, I took several days off to write and update -to death^^- this Rune Guide. It was "Carnaval" holiday in Belgium 2 weeks ago (just so you know),

So sincere thanks for thinking about me for this humongus task, but time constraints don’t allow me to do this.

Conclusion: Your idea about an updated Titan Quest AE Skill Guide is totally justified, the fact that it should be a collective work is a clever proposal too. So I humbly think:

1-  those who would step up for this task should be Veterans having a solid experience with Immortal Throne and the Anniversary Edition (to have a clear vision of the Skill evolution),

2- Each Veteran should concentrate on 1 or 2 Masteries at best (if possible),

3- this future Skill guide should also point out to the changes between Immortal Throne and the Anniversary Edition,

I’ve done the Rune Guide ;D.  Also if the Community wants to include this into a global Skill Guide I already give the go-ahead. But if you do, please don’t forget to credit the players who helped make this guide better.

« Last Edit: 21 February 2018, 14:15:10 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 21 February 2018, 19:24:33 »
hehe surely none us should be compared to Poinas.. but if many of us contribute, surely we can come up with something close.. 1 or 2 masteries per vet sounds about right.. i can do rogue and storm.. you do 1 more mastery :)  ..  it would be fulfilling.. if it's just the 2 of us, let's just forget about it.. but if many volunteer, i think we can do it 8)

edit: if i play my bonecharmer again, i can actually do hunting.. i have tried hunting as a melee, ranged, and mage so I'm qualified i think.. it'll just take a while but given about a week or 2, i can do 3 masteries i think

edit 2: I'll start with rogue and post it in rogueAE and see how it goes.. it's just a matter of compiling the threads if we actually do all masteries
« Last Edit: 21 February 2018, 20:04:25 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 21 February 2018, 20:28:41 »
- writing a BIG guide like that would need to try E-V-E-R-Y Skill extensively. If you remember, Poinas –Bless his Soul^^,  tried a gazillion of builds on various Difficulties, it takes an aweful lot of time to do this,
let me correct that for you.. Poinas tried a gazillion of builds on all 3 difficulties :))

edit: writing about rogue atm and it'll take me about 3 nights i think.. heh but I'll do this anyway.. although the hunting, I'm not sure now.. but i can contribute at the very least
« Last Edit: 21 February 2018, 21:23:08 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline legowarrior

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 21 February 2018, 22:52:22 »
I would love to see the break down on the rogue.  Every time I play one, I feel like I have to make a choice between knives and traps.  Both seem to benefit from Max points.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 22 February 2018, 15:07:18 »
botebote77, I told you I have no time nor the will write another faq. If I could I would've gladly done it.

Do you realize in what kind of undertaking you've stepped into?

- Every Mastery Guide will have to follow a set guidelines to make the Global Guide consistent as a whole,

- Someone will have to establish these rules,

- Someone, poor guy ^^,  will have to correct the spelling errors and standardize the whole text to make it conform to the agreed upon model,

- The poor guy is probably you, by the way, since you stepped up :P

That's a lot of work and AFAIK real life is getting in my way (I repeat: I took several days off to write the Rune Guide) so gather you team and if you can pull off this (big) one, take the Rune Guide, it's all yours.  :P So:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 22 February 2018, 19:32:06 »
hehe cool down dude.. ok, your rune guide will do.. this is not a job for one man.. so my open invitation to other vets still stands :)

btw, i discovered something about menhir wall and guardian stones on whether they count as pets or not

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=213.msg3011#msg3011
« Last Edit: 22 February 2018, 19:52:38 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline corian

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 23 February 2018, 13:38:03 »
Hello guys!
I've read about making an "all skill guide"....I can't help with that, i'm not so veteran, but i've seen poinas guide isn't anywhere on the forum (or at least i haven' been able to find it), so i've been looking for it in google and found it on GD place
I leave it here  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 23 February 2018, 15:10:01 »
Hello guys!
I've read about making an "all skill guide"....I can't help with that, i'm not so veteran, but i've seen poinas guide isn't anywhere on the forum (or at least i haven' been able to find it), so i've been looking for it in google and found it on GD place
I leave it here  :)

Thank you corian. Talking about Poinas and all that I forgot to link to his great guide. Pfft! I'm so distracted. ^^

Also your link doesn't work for some reason. Maybe this has to do with my antivirus? Anyways for the players who might need the guide, Nigtmare also posted a mirror a few months back:

# Poinas Guide for all skills: Pre-AE

... btw, i discovered something about menhir wall and guardian stones on whether they count as pets or not

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=213.msg3011#msg3011

Sigh! Wish I had the room to post this find on post 1. Maybe I'll have to make a V2 of this Rune Guide one of these days. ;D
« Last Edit: 23 February 2018, 15:15:42 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 23 February 2018, 21:42:48 »
i didn't know there was a Poinas link in this forum.. but many things have changed now and sadly, his guide isn't accurate anymore :-\

the menhir wall and guardian stones, i just thought it's a useful info that's why i made a link here.. if you want to add it, you have a page 2 and it still has space right? maybe you could squeeze in a sentence in post 1 like: for more on stones, check page 2

but if you really want to make a rune guide v2, why not just make another guide for another HEH I'll just shut up and take your guide :-X  i haven't even finished my rogue guide.. i also seemingly lost desire to continue :-\  maybe one of these days.. or if someone else volunteers to write a guide for another mastery

edit: i have killed everything in TQ except the boss monster named CrocMagnum.. but i think I'm making progress  >:D
« Last Edit: 23 February 2018, 22:29:02 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 24 February 2018, 03:32:53 »
I could be up for a guide in Earth, but personally I don't know how much of a good choice I would be for you guys.

I'm a bit busy these days, so I'd need a lot of time to do this. I also don't know if I'd consider myself a veteran, I'm sure I haven't played nearly as much as some other people on these forums. I'm also a bit biased and my opinions would be skewed, I have very limited experience with a lot of playstyles, for example the Stonespeaker is my first character who has half-decent resistances and even that's only so because of the resistances from all the great items I equipped for other reasons.

Overall, I could try, sure. But you people might be better off with someone else.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal