Author Topic: What's the better armour?  (Read 12163 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
What's the better armour?
« on: 03 September 2018, 18:34:17 »
Hi guys,

I'm up to Act IV Legendary, and I'm pretty happy with most of my gear except one. I'm currently using the Mantle of Sa'Jun because it has some delicious, delicious resistances, but have just found a green Honour Guard armour with double the armour rating. My resistances drop but I then have the space for a Relic or Charm, which one should I go for?

https://i.imgur.com/ydQ2B3G.png - the Honour Guard outfit, the only major thing is that my Bleed Resistance is -5%.

https://i.imgur.com/658wyu3.png - with the Mantle.

Basically, should I stick to the Mantle for the resistance buffs or choose the Green outfit? I can keep twink shopping for a better one if that's the case.

Thanks,

Kalimon
AER/A Mobile Deathless x3:
Bleed caster Warlock / hybrid melee Oracle / caster Conjurer

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: What's the better armour?
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2018, 21:11:00 »
Act IV legendary level 63? Thats a good number for same area in epic. Unless you don't have the expansion maybe. But if you are in legendary, you can try and get a prowler's cuirass, which is a dexterity related item and lets you use relics in it too.

Base game does not have challenges that restrict builds to the point where minmaxing is even needed, so you just use whatever works, so long as it works. Some things may work better but meta does not even interest anyone out of 20 people visiting this board regularly. OK, 20 people is sarcasm  :)  Resistances are generally considered more valuable than armor. You would value armor more as a defense build, when you can invest in armor absorbtion.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2018, 21:36:59 »
Looking at these pictures you might be missing one more meta item to fix resistances and other issues that is Apollo's Will. I guess you just don't have it or else it would have been there. I think common simplest source is Hydra, though I've been gifted it as quest rewards in act III regularly too.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2018, 22:13:50 »
Act IV legendary level 63? Thats a good number for same area in epic. Unless you don't have the expansion maybe. But if you are in legendary, you can try and get a prowler's cuirass, which is a dexterity related item and lets you use relics in it too.

Yeah I don't have Ragnarok, so this is it - the final act. Does Prowler's Cuirass have good resistance buffs, and what would be the best relic/charm to attach to it? i'll have a look for Apollo's Will, I don't have it as everything I have is self-found (this is my first high level character)

Thanks!

EDIT: Just looked at TQ-DB, and i'm in luck - one of the most common droppers is Typhon and I'm farming him now, so I hope I get lucky.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2018, 22:17:50 »
I'd go for the Sajun over the Honor Guard. Resistances are often more valuable than armor, and the Honor Guard torso lacks a suffix too, making it much less attractive.

Also, that looks like TQ:IT. Why's that on AE board?  :o

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03 September 2018, 22:31:16 »

It is the Anniversary Edition, it just doesn't have Ragnarok

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03 September 2018, 22:32:29 »
Does Prowler's Cuirass have good resistance buffs
Thats a matter of looking up https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/prowlers-cuirass-legendary

and what would be the best relic/charm to attach to it?
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/incarnation-of-the-stew-of-eldhrimnir with pierce res or hp completion in Ragnarok for any energy issues. If you don't have energy issues and Ragnarok it might be Guan-Yu's grace with DA completion to fix DA. If you don't need to fix DA (strange) take anything. Casters like Golden fleece for mana cost reduction.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03 September 2018, 22:48:31 »
It is the Anniversary Edition, it just doesn't have Ragnarok

That's weird... your screen shows much less resistances than AE does.

Anyways, for now I would stick with the Sajun and farm for a Prowler's Cuirass. It could be a better choice assuming it gets good affixes. It would require an insane grind.

What your rings too? Apollo's Will might be good for you.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03 September 2018, 22:54:54 »
Prowler's cuirass is not an insane grind in the slightest. I think stonebinders are harder to get. Similar hands or legs with good affixes might be exotic but chest is common enough as tigermen themselves are common.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 03 September 2018, 22:59:49 »
Getting the item itself isn't so bad but getting it with decent affixes IS an insane grind. And like you said, you don't need to minmax anything, so keeping Sajun for now looks fine.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 03 September 2018, 23:01:30 »
Anyways, for now I would stick with the Sajun and farm for a Prowler's Cuirass. It could be a better choice assuming it gets good affixes. It would require an insane grind.

What your rings too? Apollo's Will might be good for you.

Ok, is Chang'an Farmland the best place to grind for Prowler's Cuirass? And I have a Hale Ring of Survival with a Legendary Demon Blood, and an Adroit Loop at the moment. I did have another Hale Ring before but I found I was being suckered by bleed attacks and the Loop fixed that. I'll probably replace the Loop with Apollo's Will if I can get it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 03 September 2018, 23:11:22 »
From Jade Palace portal, go to the right, then to the left. Watch out for double battle standards just past the river. Going far into farmlands is for when you feel like walking rather than restarting.

Bleed resist is PITA, people here were calling worst decisions made by current team, well, mine would be for making bleed and vitality take penalties in epic/legendary. Vitality has and easy fix in demon's blood, and maybe some new relics (Athena) and artifacts, but bleed is just too rare. Not sure what to advise to adress it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 03 September 2018, 23:57:30 »
From Jade Palace portal, go to the right, then to the left. Watch out for double battle standards just past the river. Going far into farmlands is for when you feel like walking rather than restarting.

Bleed resist is PITA, people here were calling worst decisions made by current team, well, mine would be for making bleed and vitality take penalties in epic/legendary. Vitality has and easy fix in demon's blood, and maybe some new relics (Athena) and artifacts, but bleed is just too rare. Not sure what to advise to adress it.

Thanks, i'll have a crack at Prowler's if I struggle with my current set up (after I get Apollo's Will - i'm enjoying picking up some nice purples for future toons from Typhon, as well as rebuilding my bank).

And i've been using Boar Hide - on my Cuffs I have a Boar Hide with a Pierce Resistance comp bonus; if I can get Apollo's Will to replace the Loop I can then get a Boar Hide with a Bleeding Resistance comp bonus to replace the current one on the Cuffs.

Thanks for the tips, I'm really enjoying the Haruspex

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #13 on: 04 September 2018, 03:15:03 »
this looks to be the early versions of TQAE before ragnarok came.. the UI used to look like that before ragnarok.. and the bleed res getting to negative says it is AE.. at least you are free from the requires content: ragnarok curse

Apollo's Will, hydra drops a lot of jewelries

As for your original question, mantle of sa'jun all the way.. the green armor doesn't even have a suffix

also, the images look blurry at least on my tablet.. but the armor of your mantle of sa'jun looks like 200+? it has 300+ armor now in the newer versions.. i don't have one but it's what tq-db says

but even with 200+ armor, mantle of sa'jun all the way
« Last Edit: 04 September 2018, 03:17:21 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal