Author Topic: Difficulty in Registering the Forum  (Read 2626 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline herodian

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Difficulty in Registering the Forum
« on: 31 December 2019, 03:46:57 »
Hello!

I just registered on this forum, and found that the register verification is too hard, especially the "symbols" verification :/

It is not that I don't understand symbols, but the system somehow messed up that my correct entry got rejected many times. And also, there is a ":" at the end of the question, and it's quite confusing whether to consider is as a "symbol" too or not

I really want to see this forum to grow but this verification system seems to also deter "real people" from joining in, so maybe you can remove the "symbols verification"

Just a suggestion, though, I am new to this forum  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Difficulty in Registering the Forum
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2019, 07:24:20 »
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

We made it like that to keep forum clean from problems, and its difficult only when starting. About symbols, you can notice obvious space between question: and part that should be edited to get what we asked new member to do, and what is more important about security question about symbol, there is note inside () what should be done, so its supposed to be detailed explanation what to do, in our case as symbol we took everything that is not a letter nor number. I have to agree with you about small space between question and expected answer from given task, so that part will be fixed with at least more space between. This anti-spam system came as result of years of experience and is on advanced level, usually its only for beginners, after few posts access level is changing, so it doesn't lasts long. For possible problem with registration or in case if there is a problem with forum functionality, we have discord as well for support which means we are always available to check . Maybe you noticed, but there is no ridiculous captcha nor similar where it gives you impossible task to detect for example car on small image with terrible quality and where you sometimes need minutes to get the correct result to pass.
We will take your post into consideration about possible changes, and since that questions are there until a new member gets some amount of posts, so to change something, something new have to be added so system can work without problems. So far our members are very satisfied when they get out from post moderation, until now there have been almost no complaints related with security questions. If you have ideas about how to improve our anti-spam system, be welcome to post and we will analyze if that could be good for us.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal