Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 231187 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #450 on: 13 December 2018, 02:11:28 »
Added four prefixes to arm and leg armor that grant a radius +%protection from devices and constructs.

Tweaked a couple of the pirate champions with a different name and defense mastery themed skills.

Made Earth's Flame Shield, Storm's Energy Shield, Hunting's Herbal Remedy into radius duration buffs like Rally.

Turned Runemaster's Life Rune into toggled aura.

Added phys resist to Flame Shield.

Added a shadowbolt skill to the chest trap pool.

Added new area outside the great wall town.

Restored several NPCs like story tellers and just manually added Healers.

Added a few Medusa proxies to the athens docks.

Opened up the area to the left of the Athens stairway and filled it with zombies.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #451 on: 13 December 2018, 11:07:35 »
Nice additions!

Wht your future plans about ,Knossos Landing area ? the dock area before sailing into act 2.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #452 on: 13 December 2018, 16:32:44 »
Turned Runemaster's Life Rune into toggled aura.
Nice! You had to cast it on each pet before. Good news for petmancers.
Thats alot of things added, cant wait for next update :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sammie

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #453 on: 14 December 2018, 09:31:27 »
Hey guys,

I am trying to find the place where we can download the alpha version. I did found the alpha bug report forum, but not where to download it.
Regards

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #454 on: 14 December 2018, 11:24:36 »
Hi Sammie, welcome to the forum.  :)

I think you need to send a private message (PM) to Bumbleguppy to be able to access it since it's being tested atm.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sammie

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #455 on: 14 December 2018, 13:58:11 »
Thnx, will do that.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #456 on: 14 December 2018, 16:12:01 »
BlackSerpentSun suggested that Quick Recovery would be better as a passive in the Battle Awareness tree.

I only play full petmancers so it doesn't make a difference to me either way, I just assumed ppl would like a "boss killer" button like in vanilla so I kept it as a toggled buff.

What do you think?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #457 on: 14 December 2018, 18:42:07 »
mhm it  can work as passive.

isnt collosus form a killer button in defense mastery :p?
« Last Edit: 14 December 2018, 18:52:45 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BlackSunSerpent

• Exterat scientia ut arma.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #458 on: 14 December 2018, 21:16:51 »
Yep, that was the main reason, two kill buttons is somewhat clumsy. Btw you could weaken it for your preference as it'll be passive. I know here only hardcore fans of this game, but I have this game installed on all of my machines from moment when I got this game in 2006 and know it flaws and how it can be made better, btw I never played as summoner before your mod, and even I can tell you that your mod the reason of strange satisfactory feeling when I am killing enemies with pets that I felt never before. So my suggestions come from solid expirience. Btw I am also played very wide variety of ARPGs, from Diablo I to PoE and other that someone may even not even heard about here :)
Oh and my suggestions were to balance number of skills in each mastery little bit, so there is now overcumbering of one mastery for skill point investment.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2018, 21:19:51 by BlackSunSerpent »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #459 on: 15 December 2018, 00:19:42 »
I liked your toned down version of shield recovery from the previous version, but would suggest sticking in the adrenaline tree like underlord had it. Give that tree more of a reason to live.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #460 on: 15 December 2018, 00:27:41 »
I liked your toned down version of shield recovery from the previous version, but would suggest sticking in the adrenaline tree like underlord had it. Give that tree more of a reason to live.
Oh okay, never thought of that. I had it in the Battle awareness tree. Okay.

EDIT:
Okay, put Quick Recovery at  tier 3 as a modifier for Adrenaline. I added the cooldown of Resilience to it as well and moved Defensive Reaction back to tier 5.

I removed one of Shield Maiden's passive proc shield skills and just made her nerfed version of Pulverize her only shield proc she gets at level 8.

I nerfed her passive base resists a bit.

Also removed the elemental resist from her defense modifier skill and substituted fire & cold, she still has her lightning vulnerability this way.

I was playing around with Shield Sling and it was way OP. So I nerfed it and gave it a cooldown. I forgot I had it set to 1 second for testing. Increased the mana cost.
« Last Edit: 15 December 2018, 01:18:10 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #461 on: 15 December 2018, 05:33:59 »
Made it to Heraklion, no pets no deaths the way the game was meant to be played.  C:-)

Satyr bladefinger running animation is my favorite thing so far.

I found the balance to be much better than in previous version - I think due to a lot less stun from enemies. It hasn't been easy, but few things have felt impossible. (Gorgon slayers in acropolis out regen my damage, Glorburg boneraiser ratman hero shotgunned me like crazy with his staff.) not sure if you want the mod to be easy enough to beat without pets but I am enjoying it. The added character levels and post 40 bonuses will likely go a long way to make no pets possible.

Will the olive branch collecting quest be coming back? Or was that the effort that utterly broke your spirit and left you as an empty shambling husk where once a man stood?

Quests that have rewards that permanently affect your character are always 10x more satisfying and rewarding than exp and gold. Not sure how difficult it is to switch up rewards but I have... thoughts on the matter.

I probably suggested this before but getting random resistance from the proper offering can be really irritating (fire resistance as an earth character!) instead of 5+7+ 5(all) i suggest 2(all)+3(all)+5(all). similar amount and more balanced. If you want to give psn resist to characters i would say add similar amounts to poisoned spring reward or xipphuluis the healer. If you really want to go crazy, give poison resist to poison spring in lieu of HP, and then add small hp rewards (5-10) to lots of different sidequests, to really encourage completionism. As I understand it quest bonuses are just questtree skills getting points added to them, so it would be possible to increase them by these smaller set amounts, correct?
That's just my thought as I sometimes zip by sidequests that arent on the main road if they only offer exp and gold. (skeleton raiders I am looking at you)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #462 on: 15 December 2018, 14:59:30 »
I probably suggested this before but getting random resistance from the proper offering can be really irritating (fire resistance as an earth character!) instead of 5+7+ 5(all) i suggest 2(all)+3(all)+5(all). similar amount and more balanced. If you want to give psn resist to characters i would say add similar amounts to poisoned spring reward
+1. Always hated the random bonus.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #463 on: 15 December 2018, 16:12:40 »

I found the balance to be much better than in previous version - I think due to a lot less stun from enemies. It hasn't been easy, but few things have felt impossible. (Gorgon slayers in acropolis out regen my damage, Glorburg boneraiser ratman hero shotgunned me like crazy with his staff.) not sure if you want the mod to be easy enough to beat without pets but I am enjoying it. The added character levels and post 40 bonuses will likely go a long way to make no pets possible.

Hmph. You sound like one of these people with well thought-out, practical ideas. Oh, and your personal hygiene is probably above reproach.

Well, I don't need you! I have a better idea!

Since the Slayer buff is loosely based off Hunting's Herbalism and meant for poison resist, I simply changed the life regen to the same amount as the poison damage from Rogue's Envenom  Weapon. Also added a poioson resist boost per level as well.

Will the olive branch collecting quest be coming back? Or was that the effort that utterly broke your spirit and left you as an empty shambling husk where once a man stood?

Quests that have rewards that permanently affect your character are always 10x more satisfying and rewarding than exp and gold. Not sure how difficult it is to switch up rewards but I have... thoughts on the matter.

I probably suggested this before but getting random resistance from the proper offering can be really irritating (fire resistance as an earth character!) instead of 5+7+ 5(all) i suggest 2(all)+3(all)+5(all). similar amount and more balanced. If you want to give psn resist to characters i would say add similar amounts to poisoned spring reward or xipphuluis the healer. If you really want to go crazy, give poison resist to poison spring in lieu of HP, and then add small hp rewards (5-10) to lots of different sidequests, to really encourage completionism. As I understand it quest bonuses are just questtree skills getting points added to them, so it would be possible to increase them by these smaller set amounts, correct?
That's just my thought as I sometimes zip by sidequests that arent on the main road if they only offer exp and gold. (skeleton raiders I am looking at you)

Yeah, the random reward is also extremely overcomplicated in the ArtManager and Map and quest file. There are literally FOUR proxies in the map for Arachne.

Simple elemental resist would be SO much less complicated.

Xanthippus could have the poison reward. Especially since Goblinsnatcher is in the same cave.

The Skeleton Raiders and Salt Mine quest in act 5 could offer some small vitality resistance.

The Melinoe Witch quest in act 4 could offer bleed resist.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #464 on: 15 December 2018, 16:38:37 »
i like that ideia of side quests giving a small % of resistances, it gives a reason for finish those quests

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal