Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 230535 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #315 on: 19 October 2018, 04:26:36 »
Well, all the statues in Knossos are their own unique models and not just NPCs or Cyclops with stationary animations.

There is the one that looked like a candidate, the single male warrior statue holding a spear, looks like the ones you fight before the Telkine.

So I replaced the statues in the map with proxies for still statues that come to life if you get within 3 meters. Also added some to other parts of the maze.

The mini map cleared up also when I compiled that area, so there's that.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #316 on: 19 October 2018, 08:46:39 »
This is cool stuff, I like how so many things in LoC are interactable and coming to life!
An idea about the -% dmg from devices on Rogue - it can affect chest spell traps somehow, if it doesn't already.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: 19 October 2018, 12:39:51 »
Well, all the statues in Knossos are their own unique models and not just NPCs or Cyclops with stationary animations.

There is the one that looked like a candidate, the single male warrior statue holding a spear, looks like the ones you fight before the Telkine.

So I replaced the statues in the map with proxies for still statues that come to life if you get within 3 meters. Also added some to other parts of the maze.

The mini map cleared up also when I compiled that area, so there's that.

Yes. they were the ones i was talking about, i tought there were a couple of those idle statues around the maze, looks like i was wrong.

Thanks tho, it will imporve the labyrinth gameplay :)

was thinking, you know in normal there is talos statue before entering the maze, how about in epic the boss just comes to life, when you come closer ? it is possible ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: 19 October 2018, 15:23:40 »
This is cool stuff, I like how so many things in LoC are interactable and coming to life!
An idea about the -% dmg from devices on Rogue - it can affect chest spell traps somehow, if it doesn't already.
The invisible monsters that have always been the source of trap damage from sarcophagai even in vanilla are set to race "Device", I followed the same logic and made all the chest traps "Device" as well. There are one or two that can be pretty lethal, too. So Rogue has that advantage with the "Disarm Traps" skill.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #319 on: 19 October 2018, 15:45:40 »
You mean we could really die from a trap in a chest/sepulcher?

I always felt like they were dealing ridiculously low damage and that it could be increased without any worries. But lethal? I don't know if I'd like an hardcore run ruined by a chest...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: 19 October 2018, 15:54:17 »
You mean we could really die from a trap in a chest/sepulcher?

I always felt like they were dealing ridiculously low damage and that it could be increased without any worries. But lethal? I don't know if I'd like an hardcore run ruined by a chest...

there are some trap chests along act 5, it can kill our take alot of hp if you dont have enought  lighting / stun resistance ( ?), on hight difficulties. and as i see some poison tombs can deal good amounts of dmg in legendary

(edited for typos)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: 19 October 2018, 16:02:26 »
I mostly had in mind the Fire and Cold sepulchers that barely did anything.

I know in Act V the lightning chests do much more damage, but I never seen them kill anyone... unless you have minus resistances shouldn't happen.

But yeah I'm up for some lethal traps as long as it is avoidable.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: 19 October 2018, 16:04:58 »
as long there a "click" sound ingame, warning the danger, our toons are safe :P

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: 19 October 2018, 18:12:42 »
I don't think WNG has played v1.1 :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: 19 October 2018, 18:48:29 »
I wasn't around. But I planned to do so soon.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #325 on: 19 October 2018, 20:44:31 »
Bit of advice - stay away from the campfires. 

And v2 is sounding more and more dangerous to even attempt!  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: 19 October 2018, 23:05:35 »
Hey BG, just got an idea for a skill, but i'm not sure if possible to make.
The idea is - Slow Missiles skill, like in Diablo 2 :). How it should work on theory:
You summon an invisible pet, which dies immediately and spawns its own stationary pet (say, a totem), BUT... in the summon template there is an option that the second pet will change alighment after masters death. So upon the invisible pets' death the totem becomes "your enemy". Not the tricky part - the totem casts an toggled buff aura on other enemies, which gives a weapon enchantment with no effect attached and different levels, each connected to a projectile file with DECREASING base projectile speed... As a result emeny arrows fly slower.
Do you think it will work?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: 20 October 2018, 00:31:24 »
Yeah, that should work. Just change the velocity setting in the projectile file.

Yeah, that's pretty clever! :D

ANd you could have a CharSelfFxPak or no, the SkillCastAuraFx that has a particle effect to show the radius.

Just have an effect on the monsters that it is affecting, no need for radius indication.

Hmm...I wonder if the ProjectileSpeedModifier slot in the skill file can have negative values instead?

EDIT: Naw, I just tested it and it doesn't work. I guess that would be too easy lol :D

And it would only affect bow, right? And maybe ranged one-handed? Definitely not staves

BTW, if you have the initial spawn die on casting, just put the monster that casts the aura in their "ActorToSpawnOnDeath" and it will automatically be on the monster's team. No need to mess with the settings in the character slot for teams.

Also, it will be a pain to get this to show in the plaer UI. When I tested, negative values for projectile speed % didn't even show up at all.

Maybe put a dummy skill on the initial spawn and check the "display on pet" bit and just use attack speed to show the values.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2018, 01:00:24 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: 22 October 2018, 04:11:37 »
Geeze, swamped at work. Moving an e-commerce site to whole new content management system. My client only understood what a "web browser" was after Chrome got popular, and I've been working for him for over 15 years. So that means I have to do stuff like shipping plans and stuff...I just wanna code, man.

Found some time to do some chores in the new mod.

Imported weapons and petbonuses from v1.1.

Added a new skill to Persephones Caress unique axe: chance to cast 3.5m radius cold resistance debuff that lasts for 6 seconds.
Added a new skill to Helios' Reach unique bow: chance to cast fire resistance debuff same radius/duration.
Added chance to cast Thunderstrike to unique sword Thunderbolt
Frostbite unique axe gets a cold debuff aura item skill

Worked on ordnance a bit. Just getting all the item_cost files, meshes, textures, name tags and skills set up right now. Up to Harbinger today.

I decided to give the helmet and armband of each set +1 to each mastery instead of +to pet skills.

I can add +to individual skills as a artifact creation completion bonus, though.

So is it better/less OP have +1 to each mastery, or +1 to a single mastery and a +2 to a random skill in the other mastery?

Increased the lightning damage that Thunderstrike does in Runemaster. Maybe I don't understand the skill, but having only one min and max damage value for a multi leveled skill seems confusing to me. So I gave it an increasing max damage value by level and left the min at level one.

Changed Trance of Empathy to Trance of Energy, adds electricburn to attacks and chance for the same amount as retaliation. Also get a mana +%boost and flat mana regen. It is a tier 3 skill now. I am playtesting a Nature/Dream toon and have like 10 points sunk into Trance of ENergy and a couple into Nightmare's Static Field party buff, so the electricburn is melting things in Act 2 right now :D

Moved Trance of Convalescence to level 1 because I can, and did. So you and your Myconid summons should be pretty tanky through act 1.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: 22 October 2018, 10:37:00 »

I decided to give the helmet and armband of each set +1 to each mastery instead of +to pet skills.

I can add +to individual skills as a artifact creation completion bonus, though.

So is it better/less OP have +1 to each mastery, or +1 to a single mastery and a +2 to a random skill in the other mastery?

Maybe it will be more diverse if give +1 single mastery and a +2 to random skill in other mastery. i dont think it will be OP since they will be rare to obtain and the player can get a litle reward for the effort :)

i agree ,Artifacts and maybe charms ( ? ) can be focus on specific skill.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal