Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 134024 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Alpha tester bug reports
« on: 29 November 2018, 04:08:57 »
Post the bugs here. EXPOSE MY SHAME TO THE WORLD.  :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2018, 04:36:27 »
Sure, since you insist :P

Some feedback:
First, new content is great. I stated a brigand, lvl 10 in Megara now. Man, these pirates are awesome... and their leader is uber :o. I died 2 times from him, and he chased me back to Tegea lol, where the immortal guards helped... otherwise i dont think i could of win at this lvl. Btw, if I farm pirates, are there green pirate MIs?
Noticed something else, the karkinoses and the blue karkinoses on Megara coast are immune to poison. Throw a gas bomb - nothing. Is it intentional?
The new traps are really deadly, my first death was from a trap. But no complains about it, traps are meant to be deadly.
The only other things are missing skills in Warfare and Rune, and missing skill from amulet of skill suffix.
The Nessus new skills are cool.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2018, 09:37:49 »
Heya!

1st of all congrats on alpha!

Made a batlemage lv 9 so far in Tegea . ( No crashes so far ) :)

Bosses.

I really enjoyed the changes, feels great. ( Nessus , Tegea spider ) so far

Satyr brute and Pandarus could be buffed

things i noticed :

- Desecrated Skeleton~ Priest , is going attack  at mellee range, instead of being a ranged mage
- Festering Zombie seens being a litle tuff than the rest of monster i faced until now

-I get horn of apollo ( the warfare archer summons at lv1 ) and i think they are bit strong :
  - They got a very long range , monsters dont even go after then.
  - They tanked Tegea spider with a full hp.

Like  Nargil said:

Missing icon and skill description of Ancestral Horn

Missing icons and, are those skills intended to be linked to each other ?
Menhir wall skill have no info

is  this intended , feels weird ( the rewards)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2018, 14:40:09 »
 Feedback -2.0  ( some are bugs and other in my opinion some booses and heroes improved )

I arrived to monster warcamp before Athens , lv 17 - ( found 2x titanic essence from Bosses and five our six champion hearts)

The things i noticed while ingame:

-Leimon The vengefull, he tries summon 4x zombies, theres animation , but only one appears.

-The Pirate Lord boss, the special mellee attck is deadly  to much hp from a single hit

-Prince of blade , from skeleton raiders quest, dropped a lv 25 helm ( is a nice one btw)

-Cinder bone, oh my, one of hardest foe i faced so far, his fire explosion is very strong for mellees chars

-Clycops Polyphemus have low hp, died super fast.

- I loved the new dungeon behind him, very well made, but now theres a thing that cant be bad, i found the boss ( troglodyte boss). The problem is you can lure him into the door and he will be stuck, that means you can kill him safely with a ranged weapon.

-Got a few hp pots from dread pirate robert ( was suprised to see then dropping from chest)

- The shark beast minion, summoned by Daughter of poisedon, dies in 2 hits

-Found 2x Sildon Barbed Net ( Centaur hero) in same spot in ambrossus farmland ( in the area you made)

-Arachne summons , can be buffed, the boss is fine

-Ino have a room for a buff as well

-Found a Goblin Catcher inside cave in criase falls, ancestral archers tanked the boss good while, maybe because they are ghosts ( ? )

- Oestrus - satyr general, can have litle more hp, his dmg is fine

-Turgox manslayer ( aracnhos hero), ancient limos and cepharos ~Master of flame , they all die to quickly

-Gorgons sisters ( except medusa) die very fast

- No crashes so far :D
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2018, 15:37:28 »
Btw, if I farm pirates, are there green pirate MIs?
Yes, especially for a Brigand.
Noticed something else, the karkinoses and the blue karkinoses on Megara coast are immune to poison. Throw a gas bomb - nothing. Is it intentional?
Yes. All insect type monster have 50% bleed and poison absorption.[/quote]
missing skill from amulet of skill suffix.
Only way you could help with that is if you get the properties from TQ vault for the affix file path.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 29 November 2018, 15:50:25 »

Satyr brute and Pandarus could be buffed
Okay, I hadn't got to that yet. Done.
things i noticed :

- Desecrated Skeleton~ Priest , is going attack  at mellee range, instead of being a ranged mage
- Festering Zombie seens being a litle tuff than the rest of monster i faced until now
That Priest...he's always done that no matter what I do to his record, I can't seem to fix him, that file is cursed. So I copied a venom liche and changed his skills to match the old priest . I'll see if that helps.

Zombies are by design.
-I get horn of apollo ( the warfare archer summons at lv1 ) and i think they are bit strong :
  - They got a very long range , monsters dont even go after then.
  - They tanked Tegea spider with a full hp.

Had their "angerMultiplier" set way too low. Also, reduced their senses to a smaller radius.

Ancestral Horn ~ Onslaught had a broken link. Fixed.

Also, that missing skill in Rune isn't missing, it was an extra that's been removed.

I don't know what's up with Menhir wall's description yet. It's the same file vanilla uses.

is  this intended , feels weird ( the rewards)

Yes.

In order to display the reward skill (in this case extra health) the actual NAME of that reward skill MUST be the text that describes the reward.

For example, the +health reward skill is actually named "+50- Health" in the text. Not "Player Health Bonus Skill".

So this mod will announce that quest bonuses will be described in your journal, not at the moment you get the reward in game.

This allows me to consolidate bonuses into one file instead of one for each difficulty that each have a different name.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 29 November 2018, 18:59:46 »
Ok, I'll definetly farm pirates then :)

Feedback 2:

- If i teleport to town from cyclops lair, i cant use the town's portal to go back
- Cyclopes cannot go through the cave tunnels or the ancient gate. I assume it is limited by the map? Not really complaining tho, i killed most standing in a tunnel where they cant reach me.
- Found 2 thrown hoi polloi blades, but their volley skill doesnt activate at all.
- Just got killed by a dryad priestess and her swarm of boggies :o. In this version even champions are harder, i like it!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 29 November 2018, 19:09:25 »
alright thanks for the answers

Lv 22- finished act 1, with 9 champion hearts and 2 titanic essence , well round number

Feedback- 3.0

Theres 2x Empedocles , i spell him righ i think , ( lich boss) inside Athens Tomb before the city - one on the room you addead and the other on  the spot where the zombie hero is in vanilla

Seagul dropped witch plume ( is intead ? )

Piraetes heroes can have bit more hp ( like blackbeard for exemple)

Goblin boss ( guarding the healer staff quest) hits to hard and very fast.

Found a Goblinsnatcher ( spider boss) in that cave aswell, that mean the one that appear in cave in criasae falls shouldnt be in there i guess

I notice you can see some part of the maze in the mini map, its a minor thing

Minotaur Lord - hes fine in dmg,  but a tiny extra hp dont hurt

Telkine- hes perfect, but his lighting bolt hurts alot, it  kill me with 30% lighting resistance and 1.1k hp

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 29 November 2018, 20:25:00 »
- If i teleport to town from cyclops lair, i cant use the town's portal to go back
- Cyclopes cannot go through the cave tunnels or the ancient gate. I assume it is limited by the map? Not really complaining tho, i killed most standing in a tunnel where they cant reach me.
- Found 2 thrown hoi polloi blades, but their volley skill doesnt activate at all.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Map Zones. You have to go to Region->Add to Zone in the editor and addit to a region or it won't know where to display your teleport icon when you use a town teleporter. Fixed

Hmm...I reworked the Cyclops cave a little...added a one-way door to the Cyclops boss that only unlocks after you kill him,

Also tried to mitigate the ramp width by placing stactites in front of the entrances so you can't shoot from the ramp. ANd widened halls that weren't ramps.

I am going to try something with Hoi Polloi (I haven't changed it btw, it's vanilla). I am going to add a "base_at_self_onequip" AI controller in it to see if that will work.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 29 November 2018, 20:34:45 »

Theres 2x Empedocles , i spell him righ i think , ( lich boss) inside Athens Tomb before the city - one on the room you addead and the other on  the spot where the zombie hero is in vanilla
Fixed.

Seagul dropped witch plume ( is intead ? )
Yep. Enjoy!

Piraetes heroes can have bit more hp ( like blackbeard for exemple)
Done.

Goblin boss ( guarding the healer staff quest) hits to hard and very fast.
Okay, I set Onslaught - Ardor to zero for Normal difficulty and reduced the skill value of some of his special attacks. He is supposed to be hard.

Found a Goblinsnatcher ( spider boss) in that cave aswell, that mean the one that appear in cave in criasae falls shouldnt be in there i guess
Yep. Left over from when I didn't have a map. I fixed that and created a new minibposs: Ghost Widow. I altered that cave in the editor near the hidden merchant there and created a new spider type for it as well.

I notice you can see some part of the maze in the mini map, its a minor thing
Nothing I can do, the minimap is built in teh editor when I build that region. The devs at Nordic custom made a mini-map for that area and added it manually. The map editor makes them automatically otherwise.

Minotaur Lord - hes fine in dmg,  but a tiny extra hp dont hurt
Done.
Telkine- hes perfect, but his lighting bolt hurts alot, it  kill me with 30% lighting resistance and 1.1k hp
Ruduced skill level for chain lightning for normal difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2018, 01:30:32 »
Lets kept it rooling!

Nice work you did so far :)

Mid wat in act 2- ( got 2x titanic essence and 3x champions heart)

Feedback 4.0

-Mantle of Evisceraton , gives +2 invalid skill profile, and  on pet bonus  gives 0% bleeding damage with 100% improved duration ( what that means ) ?

-Jackalman from sword quest is very fragile

Shades mobs have very low hp

Found Huang Fay the unclean, zombie hero, in some tomb, i dont think it fits well in the act

the lowest of low quest, i defeat the bad demon, and as reward i got a yellow ring that gives +13 dexterity, i cried a litle lol

You removed the dark obelisk hero in the tomb before Menphis ? just for curiosity

Nehebkau , dropped eye of chaos ,as well the altar. So i had 2x eyes of chaos

Also Nehebkau does a skill , a bleeding skill like plague, it didnt had much effect on me, very our almost no dmg from it

Beast of legend,  needs to be harder, it gives a nice +2 skils for the effort

-After i defeat the skellies mages for khufu staff. just for fun

-The two dark obelisks. where shade boss lives, near faym. doesnt die, also they dont spawn anyhting aswell

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 30 November 2018, 02:03:41 »
-Mantle of Evisceraton , gives +2 invalid skill profile, and  on pet bonus  gives 0% bleeding damage with 100% improved duration ( what that means ) ?

It means that it improves the duration of any bleed damage you do, but it doesn't boost the damage. Fixed broken skill link, now it adds +2 blade honing +2 open wound

-Jackalman from sword quest is very fragile

He has NO ARMOR in vanilla. None. Fixed.

Shades mobs have very low hp
Okay, they have a lot of dodge but I will boost their hp by 20%.

Found Huang Fay the unclean, zombie hero, in some tomb, i dont think it fits well in the act
Have to look into it. Cant find by name have to search for name in game text, then search by name tag.

the lowest of low quest, i defeat the bad demon, and as reward i got a yellow ring that gives +13 dexterity, i cried a litle lol

What would you like? Did you get the boss chest? How about a champ heart. Or maybe an arcane recipe?

You removed the dark obelisk hero in the tomb before Menphis ? just for curiosity
Fixed the proxy pool and proxy limits so it should spawn all the time now.

Nehebkau , dropped eye of chaos ,as well the altar. So i had 2x eyes of chaos
I kept getting the bug where you couldn't get the eye, so I added it to his file to drop.

Also Nehebkau does a skill , a bleeding skill like plague, it didnt had much effect on me, very our almost no dmg from it
Yeah, I will give him a higher skill level. It lowers your bleed resist.

Beast of legend,  needs to be harder, it gives a nice +2 skils for the effort
Hmm, have to think about it.

-The two dark obelisks. where shade boss lives, near faym. doesnt die, also they dont spawn anyhting aswell
Yeah, got that today with my Summoner (I'm not leaving you guys to do all the testing! I'm not lazy.  :) ).

When ever that happen, it's because the monster doesn't have a controller set. Fixed it by adding the controller, no problem.

Give me more!   :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 30 November 2018, 13:58:08 »
a arcane scrool would be good for a reward.

Completed act 2 , lv 31, ( found 2 titanic essence, 4 champions hearts)

I enjoyed this act alot , big groups to fight, challange bosses and few other aspects :)

Feedback 5.0

-ShadowLord (hero) gives 259 xp

-Trickster Tunic gives +2 invalid skill profile

- What the difference between champions hyenas than the regular ones ? same as maggots , Devourers  can have big leech attck in melle range,  to honour his title

-The bosses from valley of kings, are good, i could defeat then all, the difficult one is the storm caster mummy type , main problem is. he cast 3x big thunder orbs that deals alot of dmg, but it can be avoided so its fair. :)

-The inhabited statue hero, his stun attck duration is bit long, if you get caught you are dead

-The obelisks cast by Thuyu boss ,dropped mechanical parts,

-The gildead Skellies Revenants, could have some equiped armor, snce their are the strongest in the ranks

-Telkine, he is fine, i would buff a litle his summons

-Sandwraith lord boss, i would give more resistance against pets, i think he got good hp and dmg

-Found a formulae for Formicid torax and deep carapce  sold by merchants in act 2.

-I decided to craft a hag skin charn , in the formuale is asked for 3x relics ,  so that means if i want a charm i need to use 3x relics and a relics cost 3x charms, i am right ?

Hp potion, i noticed hp pots from Knosos costed around 1200, in whole act 2 costed 800 and in orient cost 2400 gold

ACT 3

-Itchians- Hoplies coud be rename to halberdieres ( to fit more orient type)

-Itchains from seeds of destrucion quest, are tagged as Coastal itchians, and they seens have low hp

- I leave it here, if you want change, you can find the lv 3 tiny spider around parthian Hightland
« Last Edit: 30 November 2018, 14:00:31 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 30 November 2018, 15:22:23 »
I just want to say how grateful I am for the feedback  ^-^

It would have taken me months just to find the bugs you have found so far!

I decided to forego the AI on Hoi Polloi and instead I took Rune's Thunderstrike and removed all the buffs to damage and gave it a 12% chance to activate and +20% pierce damage 5 projectiles. Seems like a better deal.

EDIT: Which gives me an idea.  I could use the weaponrangedspread template like thunderstrike and give it a cooldown like the original Throwing Knives to manage spamming. Start Throwing Knives with one projectile and just have Flurry like the original?

Here's a link to the modified database only:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwqz7e1up12wp34/LegionOfChampRagnarok_database_only_v1.zip?dl=0

Just drop it in Documents/My Games/Titan Quest - Immortal Throne/CustomMaps/legionofchampragnarok_v1/database folder and overwrite what's already there.

I am going to set up teh full download on Dropbox later as MEGA doesn't let me update files and with this I can just drop them in and you can just use the same link in the future instead of having to get a new one.

-I decided to craft a hag skin charn , in the formuale is asked for 3x relics ,  so that means if i want a charm i need to use 3x relics and a relics cost 3x charms, i am right ?

Yes. That's how it ws in last version too.
« Last Edit: 30 November 2018, 15:46:34 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 30 November 2018, 16:12:31 »
I decided to forego the AI on Hoi Polloi and instead I took Rune's Thunderstrike and removed all the buffs to damage and gave it a 12% chance to activate and +20% pierce damage 5 projectiles. Seems like a better deal.

EDIT: Which gives me an idea.  I could use the weaponrangedspread template like thunderstrike and give it a cooldown like the original Throwing Knives to manage spamming. Start Throwing Knives with one projectile and just have Flurry like the original?

Sounds like an awesome idea. I'd say go for it!
My character got corrupted by accidently launching another mod. Im starting a new berserker.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal