Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262853 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #300 on: 04 November 2018, 12:11:20 »
don't know about the drop chance of batrachos greaves.. I've spent 3 separate days about 2hrs each before dedicated only for farming batrachos greaves.. I've also played act 4 many times already because i have many characters.. i never found any.. i got multiple batrachos breastplate and bramblewood but not one greaves

until i saw in tq-db the nerf.. i checked the changelog and it also says it's changed to flat

edit: so according to my tqcollector:

normal: 1 bramblewood bow, 1 batrachos breastplate
epic: 3 bramblewood,  3 mbuti's advocate
legendary: 4 bramblewood, 2 breastplate, 6 mbuti's

batrachos greaves is zero, zero, zero
« Last Edit: 04 November 2018, 13:01:01 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #301 on: 04 November 2018, 12:17:51 »
Yeah, I get the bows and the Mbuti spears dropping like rain, the rest of the stuff not so much. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ororo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: 04 November 2018, 13:55:27 »
Go this from my first Charon run... how Ironic  ;D ;D

The game reaaaaaaly doesn't want me to use bows. I have 809 DPS with this equipped. That's pretty close to what I had with Khyno on Epic difficulty. Also I finally managed to get my Hallowed Helm! Hoorah!

I think I will have to re-socket some of my gear for more Poison resistance. The Kalygoth poison attacks are brutal.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #303 on: 04 November 2018, 22:19:21 »
Runny Smith - Lvl 38 - Twinked - Babylon outskirts

I took time to get some levels with a ceremonial head armor before engaging the 2nd crash-test: Barmanu in the next act.
Act II was quiet, except the quest in the pyramids in which a huge pack of gilded mages pops at once and makes a synchronized fire.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ororo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: 04 November 2018, 23:36:07 »
Hades down. It was a very rapid run after Soronis - I merely focused on doing all the quests and killing the bosses.
I found this: https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/jarnvidja-nails Which I currently use as my primary item.

I have a very decent gear for Act V and I even have some questions for you guys with regards to itemization, as I have managed to find Mountaineer's Homados. However, the massive Pierce Resistance from Batrachos Breastplate seems way too good to give up... So I really don't know.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

I'll do a quick recap of the gear tomorrow.

Siegfried - Lvl 53 - Normal City of Corinth (Untwinked)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: 05 November 2018, 07:32:52 »
Well done you two.  Moving along nicely.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ororo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: 05 November 2018, 14:49:29 »
So here is the gear recap, which I have promised. Yes, I am really doing this challenge Untwinked :D

Spoiler for Hiden:

Current State:

As you can see, Pierce, Vitality and Poison resistances are maxed out, with the Elemental resistances sitting comfortably around 50%. I have some bonus Physical Resistance left over from the Veteran's Breastplate. The weak point is obviously Bleeding Resistance, which is sitting at 30% and I don't think I can boost it any further.
Thanks to Hunting, I have maxed out Entrapment resistance and Slow resistance at comfortable 40%. By investing into Demon's blood and Monkey King's Trickery charms, I also have some low Stun/Skill Disruption resistances.
Both OA/DA are at extremely high values thanks to my class choice (I believe no other class combination can match Haruspex in this regard) with 600 and 1074 respectively.
I have an amazing 72% (29% from Find Cover, 23% from Temporal Flux and 20% from Veteran's Breastplate) Chance to Avoid Projectiles and a small 14% Chance to Dodge Attacks.
DPS is sitting at a very respectable value of 960 and I am converting 19% of inflicted damage into Health.
Unfortunately, both Health and Energy are a bit on the low side, sitting at 3974 and 556 (421 post Energy reserved) respectively.

Possible Improvements:

a) I still only have Robust rings, which is pretty bad for this stage of the game. I really need to find some Hale rings relatively soon. Hale rings with some Health bonus would be ideal.
b) The enchantment on my Stonebinder's Cuffs is really not good - I can just max out Herbal remedy and max my Poison resistance that way. The question is, where will I get my Bleeding resistance? I'm thinking Boar Hide (as ridiculous as that sounds) with Bleeding Resistance Completion Bonus as that would buff up my total Bleeding resistance to 40%.
c) Shield could really use Essence of Shade of Hector with Pierce Resistance completion bonus (only 2% lower in total but some additional DA and 6% chance to avoid projectiles).
d) I don't like these boots at all. I would be good to get some Blue/Green item with Fire Resistance/Bleeding Resistance or high DA/Health.
e) Could I squeeze in Mountaineer's Homados somehow? That would significantly boost my DPS and max my Cold Resistance but I would have to find a different source of Pierce Resistance. Furthermore, a lot of other defensive stats would go down. As this is my first playthrough of Act V, I am leaning towards a more defensive option.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: 07 November 2018, 17:22:18 »
Runny Smith - Lvl 40 Twinked - Village of Zhidan

@Ororo You won't have any problems with such high resistances in Act 5, enjoy and explore  ;)

So here is the Barmanu crash-test.

I got many toons crushed by Barmanu, even in normal. The smart way is to pull 1 by 1 and run around while avoiding the incoming ice shower. But shit happens in Xmax. In this test i tried to find a good setup so that my toon could stand ahead of 3x Barmanu. I first begin with one Barmanu to check numbers. In the steam forum, i found a tip that allows floating damage numbers (this implies a change in the game.dll) since i don't use TQdefiler.

setup I: 80% stun res, 80% cold res, 18% physical res, 80% block and -90% recovery time, 30% less from beastmen (ardent greaves), 48% CtAP, and 30% chances of 100% dmg reflected.
The dmg number is around 100. A rough estimation of the max damage per projectile, corrected from (1-0.8)x(1-0.3) is then around 700. Since there is 15 projectiles iirc, the full damage of an ice shower is then over 10000. Correct me if i am wrong in the numbers.
Spoiler for Hiden:

setup II: the same as I, but with 55% cold res.
The damage input is around 250. And the toon went down to half-life. Oups !. This time, correction with 55% res implies 800 dmg per projectile which is ok with the 1st estimate.
Spoiler for Hiden:

setup III: the same as I, but without the 30% less from beastmen
The damage input is around 300. And the toon life went down to 3/4. This time, the correction comes from (1-0.8 ) and then gives 1500 dmg per projectile which is far from the 1st estimate. i don't understand why.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Anyway it appears that 80% cold res, high CtAP and good res against beastmen are necessary to survive one ice shower. In the lastetup i tested the damage reflection. As expected Barmanu killed himself.
setup IV: the same as I, but with 55% CtAP, 30% chances of 200- 350% dmg reflected (from 2 pieces of icescale armor)
Spoiler for Hiden:

Finally, i went with Xmax and took setup IV to see if it was really Ok. As a last but not least protection, i put the toon in colossus form for the good perk in % damage absorption.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Yes  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: 07 November 2018, 18:19:31 »
Great work Tauceti.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: 07 November 2018, 21:01:16 »
i know an easy way to kill 3 barmanu... trap cheesing :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: 09 November 2018, 21:52:28 »
Runny Sith - Lvl 43 Twinked - Rhodes

@botebote77  That's why i put a trapper in the yellow challenge  ;D

Here is the 3rd and last crash-test: Typhon.
As for Barmanu, I tested one Typhon with setup IV, and then went with Xmax and put the toon in colossus form:
Spoiler for Hiden:

This time, although in colossus form, I had to pick a red pot at half-life. I feel the global warming in my skin !
Therefore i won't make this stupid test in epic  ::)

Anyhow, Runny is resting now in Rhodes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: 09 November 2018, 23:05:53 »
you sure are crazy doing these tests on a hardcore character

one more thing about 3 Barmanus, experienced xmax players probably know this:

80% stun res will give you just enough time to run away before his ice meteors hit you.. but with 3 Barmanus, it's possible to get stunned again just as you are ready to run away.. boom death
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: 12 November 2018, 20:45:04 »
Runny Smith - L51 Twinked - Corinth

The artefact Silver Heart made Act 4 much more easier. I wished i knew that before ! I only kept Tyran's fist for bosses.

In Hades palace, i took time to check each pack of gigantes. Two dactyles were there in normal difficulty  :o . The first one guarding a crystal Erebus and the second one blocking the way to Hades. While i was wondering how to deal with, the 1st one with its erractic move finally rushed to me and started firing his lethal wave. I retreated to the door in urgency and respecced skill points maxing the shield charge tree, hoping that charge impact and skill disruption would give me enough time. I came back, playing with the camera so that i could charge the dactyl behind the door. And the dactyl exploded at the impact  ;) The 2nd dactyl was less difficult since he was well in the line of sight.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: 12 November 2018, 21:00:16 »
Well done Tauceti.  Will be interesting to see how Xmax plays on Ragnarok.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: 16 November 2018, 21:44:43 »
Runny Smith - Lvl 61 Twinked - Helos

An update for Runny now in Epic. Although act V fluidity has been improved since the beginning of the year, the whole act is too much overcrowded. Sure, Xmax mod is a pleasure for acts I to IV, but not for act V imho. In particular, I didn't expect that Jotunheim was so difficult for a melee char in normal mode.

Btw I used Athlon head armor which is handy in Xmax since it gives a free level each 4 levels.
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: 16 November 2018, 21:47:23 by Tauceti »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal