Author Topic: dedicated poison build  (Read 23467 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: dedicated poison build
« Reply #30 on: 12 June 2018, 20:17:09 »
Is there an updated guide for a poison based illusionist build? I searched the net but didn't come up with anything new..
Do you have any suggestions for dealing with non-living enemies with an illusionist? I suppose pierce resistance reduction coupled with serious amounts of pierce damage is the general mindset on killing the undead.. but with an illusionist, this option would be out, wouldn't it?
How about picking spirit instead? would it be even harder to play?
« Last Edit: 12 June 2018, 20:27:31 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline zivshteg

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 13 June 2018, 06:12:54 »
Laionidas

sincce they change the resiste ti absorb' im not sure resiste reductaion would do any good :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline koderkrazy

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 13 June 2018, 10:36:27 »
@zivshteg , may be we are looking at this wrong way...
As we can't reduce absorb, so instead of focusing on reducing resist, try dealing more damage to undeads :P

Undead is just one type of enemy, so keep swap rings and gear for undead, equip it before entering catacombs.
The gear could have following things:
1. Incarnation of the Djed of Osiris could give you +106% bonus damage to undeads. if you have right completion bonus.
2. Bellerophon's Leggings gives +60% damage to undead.
3. Rhesus' Whitewashed Armor gives +60% damage to undead.
4. Phantom Bane - ring+70% damage to undead.
5. Sphere of Eternity - artefact +50% damage to undead.

So you could go more than +200% damage to undead...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #33 on: 13 June 2018, 19:19:17 »
Spectral Matter can roll with %damage to undead as well as a bonus.  There are also weapons/staves that have "... of Necromancy" as a suffix which deal undead % damage.

Iirc Plague line slows them down so may also do some damage.  Haven't tried a fully maxed Plague lins on them yet though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline zivshteg

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 15 June 2018, 06:40:03 »
so....
i choosed nature for the plague tree
should i go dex+int or dex +str?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #35 on: 15 June 2018, 11:34:23 »
Depends on how you want to play the game.  Do you want to go melee with close in fighting or stand back firing off your staff while your pets do most of the killing for you?  Thing is Nature doesn't rely in Int to boost its damage potential so unless you want to use a staff and wear caster gear you're probably best going str/dex. If you want to be a caster type then int/dex is the way to go.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 15 June 2018, 12:56:56 »
so....
i choosed nature for the plague tree
should i go dex+int or dex +str?
it depends.. aside from what medea said, int + dex, you would probably use a staff.. or santas shield and spear or maybe lower tier throwing weapon.. str + dex you can equip the shield and 1h weapon of your choosing.. the downside is it's harder to up your cast speed because they often come from int gear.. the easiest to equip would be a little in str and int, rest in dex.. but that is only possible if you have requirement reduction items.. there is a ragnarok only item blue shield that can help you with that but you would need more from other items

so i put it like this:
1) a little in str and int, rest in dex - easiest to gear but only possible if you have pre-farmed items
2) int + dex - if you don't like (1), easier to gear but you probably will use a staff (staff of the chosen comes to mind)
3) str/dex - 1h weapon + shield, has access to more DA.. in my case, i got cast speed from jade shuriken and rhesus whitewashed armor (total speed), which also happens to have requirement reduction.. one occult ring would solve this problem but I'm a petmaster so i wanted my jewelries to be wraithlords/alfathers
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 15 June 2018, 13:31:21 »
it depends.. aside from what medea said, int + dex, you would probably use a staff.. or santas shield and spear or maybe lower tier throwing weapon.. str + dex you can equip the shield and 1h weapon of your choosing.. the downside is it's harder to up your cast speed because they often come from int gear.. the easiest to equip would be a little in str and int, rest in dex.. but that is only possible if you have requirement reduction items.. there is a ragnarok only item blue shield that can help you with that but you would need more from other items.

Couldn't he benefit a lot from using thrown weapons? I think Blade Honing even applies to them, since they are swords and axes.

Something like this as a core setup maybe?

Do you want to go melee with close in fighting or stand back firing off your staff while your pets do most of the killing for you?

If he wants Plague, Gas Bomb, Briar, and the Envenom Tree, I doubt he can afford enough in pets to make them effective. It can of course be done, but it wouldn't really be a dedicated poison build anymore. Personally I would just go for at least 1 point in SotP, to get that attack speed boost.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2018, 13:33:21 by Laionidas »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline koderkrazy

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 15 June 2018, 13:37:17 »
Dex increases poison and bleed.
As you are focusing on poison I suggest you put enough points in str and int to equip desired items... rest all put in dex

Here is the detailed chart how str, int, dex affects damage from Clex Plays:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 15 June 2018, 13:44:42 »

Couldn't he benefit a lot from using thrown weapons? I think Blade Honing even applies to them, since they are swords and axes.

of course.. i use thrown weapon myself.. but higher tiered throwing weapons require some str (high 200 to 300+)

Spoiler for Hiden:
i think I'll upload a gameplay of my illusionist.. heh here i go again with my old habit.. mine is a throwing weapon + pets build though
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 15 June 2018, 13:45:52 »
Dex increases poison and bleed.
As you are focusing on poison I suggest you put enough points in str and int to equip desired items... rest all put in dex

Here is the detailed chart how str, int, dex affects damage from Clex Plays:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Now I'm actually getting really interested in building a Trickster, since Runeword: Feather would allow you to not invest in Str. at all, and go a full 100% Dex.

@botebote77

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal