Author Topic: Farming vendors for skill amulets  (Read 10844 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline maxwolfie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Farming vendors for skill amulets
« on: 07 May 2018, 14:48:47 »
I am trying to find an amulet with the Assassin’s prefix (+2 Rogue Mastery Skills). I’ve never specifically farmed vendors for any items similar to this before. Do I need to be a minimum level for this item to have a chance to spawn, or is it based purely on the level of the vendor?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Farming vendors for skill amulets
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2018, 14:57:26 »
I am trying to find an amulet with the Assassin’s prefix (+2 Rogue Mastery Skills). I’ve never specifically farmed vendors for any items similar to this before. Do I need to be a minimum level for this item to have a chance to spawn, or is it based purely on the level of the vendor?

You'll have better chances with some specific vendors. In my experience the travelling traders/merchants that sell two types of goods, tend to have quantitatively less of each, but qualitatively better goods, than the specified weapon and magic dealers. This seems to be even more so the case, for the somewhat out of reach traders, like the one in Chumbi Valley, the Valley of the Kings trader, the one near the Minoan Labyrinth, and most of all the secret trader near Delphi.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline maxwolfie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2018, 23:01:54 »
Thank you. Is there a minimum difficulty or area that I must be in for the Assassin’s prefix to be able to spawn?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2018, 23:33:00 »
Thank you. Is there a minimum difficulty or area that I must be in for the Assassin’s prefix to be able to spawn?

Pfff,.. that's a difficult one. Well, I've never seen +2 gear before Epic, and even in Epic, they don't really turn up around untill Act III. That, and considering some of the best vendors are in Greece (Act I), I think it's fair to say that if you are hunting for a specific item like that at vendors, you'll need to be in Act I Legendary.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2018, 00:03:35 »
i remember i merchant farmed before for about 30 mins going back and forth act 3 and 4 visiting different merchants (epic).. it was a real pain but i got one.. and yeah it's easier to find in legendary
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2018, 00:23:45 »
Act IV Epic > Act I Legendary is not that hard. To be honest, I wouldn't bother farming Act IV Epic and go straight to Legendary to increase my chances.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline maxwolfie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2018, 01:33:18 »
Does anyone know when the +1 amulets start spawning?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2018, 09:05:42 »
Does anyone know when the +1 amulets start spawning?

Act I Normal? Wait,.. why would you need a specific item that early in the game?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2018, 16:30:15 »
Why not?  It never hurts to have a +1 to a mastery even early game. They're a level 12 item; I assume the devs expected people to start using them around that level if they found/bought them.  For a Nature pet build class they're almost obligatory since if you can find a Wanderer's necklace and a staff you have +2 which allows you to have a 3rd wolf out all the time instead of having to rely on finding a Mastery shrine if Call of the Wild is maxed.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2018, 17:07:25 »
Why not?  It never hurts to have a +1 to a mastery even early game. They're a level 12 item; I assume the devs expected people to start using them around that level if they found/bought them. For a Nature pet build class they're almost obligatory since if you can find a Wanderer's necklace and a staff you have +2 which allows you to have a 3rd wolf out all the time instead of having to rely on finding a Mastery shrine if Call of the Wild is maxed.

I highly doubt that actually. There a many relatively low leveled items, that are really strong, but also have really steep stat requirements, that it seems they were never meant to be worn at their lowest level. The level requirement just seems to be there to discourage gifting newly created characters into OP'edness through the Transfer Storage.

+1 never hurts, but it also isn't worth farming or hunting for IMO. +2 Also is pretty mandatory for Wolves builds, but there are plenty of other ways to get it, e.g. on armour pieces. Sure, then that respective +1 to all, or +1 to Nature and +1 to X armour piece might be slightly worse overall, but that is usually something that can be easily afforded pre-Epic/Legendary.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2018, 17:41:38 »
Necklaces have no requirements other than level so it's quite easy to equip them at L12.  And a petmancer is likely to be going all int on attribute points so should also be able to equip the lowest Wanderer staff (Carved) by the time it's available at L12 or possibly even a Runed.  If not it should be only 2-3 more levels before they can do so.

I'm not saying all +1 to a mastery items are equippable that early, it depends on the item because yes many do need stats as well as level.  But it's not impossible either if you're lucky with your shopping/loot drops or raid your Vault collection like I do.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal