Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262788 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #195 on: 27 March 2018, 22:03:21 »
No big secret and not that high really, though I do like to have good HR.  :)  She has an "... of the Glade" vestment which gives HR, a Hallowed Circlet of Regeneration, Demon's Blood with Energy Leech and Stun resist plus more HR on one of the rings and an Anhk of Isis on the necklace for a bit more.  On the old forum I did run 3 toons using nothing but items giving HR as an experiment.  A Diviner using mostly only green/yellow regen items with feasting/devouring/harrowing staves, an Haruspex with a mix of green and uniques and a Harbinger using uniques only.  The Diviner and Haruspex have about 700+ HR, but the winner is the Harbinger - his unique items bring him 900+ HR.  Looking at them in game just now though and it looks like things have changed a lot.  The Diviner has over 1,180, the Haruspex just over 1,000 (bow) or 1,200 (spear) while the Harbinger trails badly at ony 500+HR.  Bear in mind that these figures are with auras (ToC, Herbal Remedy) and also the uniques are socketed.  And no, none of them are deathless.

Well done.  Enjoy Act 5 and tell us what it feels like with Xmax.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Eph

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #196 on: 28 March 2018, 16:33:14 »
Hello, I'm thinking of starting this challenge, in non-AE IT. What defiler settings, especially loot multiplier settings are acceptable?

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: 28 March 2018, 19:44:02 »
No, no loot multiplers since there'll be plenty of that dropping with max mobs and 3x bosses/heroes.  Only things like freeze time of day, infinite potion stacking, open all inventory bags, etc.  Should make a note in the OP for this I guess.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: 28 March 2018, 20:18:38 »
No, no loot multiplers since there'll be plenty of that dropping with max mobs and 3x bosses/heroes.  Only things like freeze time of day, infinite potion stacking, open all inventory bags, etc.  Should make a note in the OP for this I guess.
When I played I used all those except open all inventory bags. Would have made farming easier.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: 28 March 2018, 21:59:54 »
Does it really though?  Guess it depends on how you play early game.  Since I need cash to open up storage I usually pick up everything until I hit the Spartan War Camp or maybe even as far as Tegea.  Having just the one bag drives me crazy, back and forth, back and forth to sell stuff.  With maxed mobs and extra heroes/bosses it's even worse if you don't open all the bags right from the start. Also slows early game down a lot with all the toing and froing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: 29 March 2018, 20:36:19 »
no!!! :'(
hahaha, them loot multipliers is what makes this challenge fun... :D
gives meaning to your senseless boss farming :D

i really miss this mod for AE:R. Im just about burnt out farming Sutyr and Valholl vanilla way, and I have yet to complete Freyja's Panapoly.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #201 on: 31 March 2018, 12:53:44 »
The Diviner and Haruspex have about 700+ HR, but the winner is the Harbinger - his unique items bring him 900+ HR.  Looking at them in game just now though and it looks like things have changed a lot.  The Diviner has over 1,180, the Haruspex just over 1,000 (bow) or 1,200 (spear) while the Harbinger trails badly at ony 500+HR.  Bear in mind that these figures are with auras (ToC, Herbal Remedy) and also the uniques are socketed.  And no, none of them are deathless.
I wasn't aware that such high HR was possible. Hmm... this gives new ideas. I have some "defiled" green armor pieces which give a nice %poison damage but with a -15 HR each one. I shall give it a try for a poison build one day.

Progress from Saiga:
My feeling about Act 5 is that it is tedious with Xmax because of densely populated areas. And got some performance issues in badly optimized zones (troll camps, war camps).
I got a bug with the seasnake, so that i had to do it without Xmax. As expected, the most difficult bosses were (imo) Goldtooth and Loki, because as a caster, these ones hit very hard especially when they came by 3. Goldtooth can be pulled one by one so it was ok, but Loki needs some kitting and dps to get them down quickly. Anyway, the way to Epic is now open  :)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: 31 March 2018, 14:49:59 »
Well done Tauceti.  :)

Yes, it's possible.  Of course the downside is their resistances suck bigtime.  The Harbinger has a bit because some of his unique gear has resistances, but the Diviner using only yellow/green "of Regen, of Renewal, etc" really suffers.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: 02 April 2018, 20:52:12 »
Compared to Act5-normal, Act 1 in epic is like a breath, a summer hope  ;) Talos is the main boss but he is so slow. Minolords on the other hand are lethal if they all come at once. Therefore i sent the nightmare for a body pull, one by one, while i stayed on the gate in case of urgency... Saiga is now lvl 62 in Rhakotis.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: 02 April 2018, 21:12:10 »
Well done Tauceti.  Way out in the lead now.  Good luck with Act 2 Epic.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: 04 April 2018, 21:07:41 »
Update for Saiga:
Act 2 was pleasant to play and less difficult than previous Act5: because of the experience gained with Xmax, the toon often outlevels mobs. Regarding the Manticore, a 1st one came alone and the 2 others came together but it was ok. Next Act 3 sure will a be a harder step.

Legendary items drops:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Act 1: Ladon's maw
Act 2: Bloodthirst the glutton, Neith's will

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: 04 April 2018, 21:10:43 »
i forgot the pics  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: 04 April 2018, 22:04:15 »
Well done Tauceti, updated.  A nice couple of new finds there too.  Bloodthirst the Glutton is an original, but I think the other two are new AE items.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: 06 April 2018, 18:39:22 »
Progress from Saiga:
My feeling about Act 5 is that it is tedious with Xmax because of densely populated areas. And got some performance issues in badly optimized zones (troll camps, war camps).

I really do wish there was a fix for this, Act 5 xmax became unplayable for mage hardcore on my old i3 rig, unless you pulled and cleared at snail pace. There wasn't even a chance of running past the horde. Even with me upgrading to a new rig (i7 7700, 16 gb RAM, GTX 1080) im still getting stutters and half a second freezes/lags during gameplay.

@Tauceti gj on progress man... hope you clear the challenge, might boost my motivation to grind again. :D Having too much fun with Darkest Dungeon at the moment...
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: 07 April 2018, 03:56:47 »
mine is weird.. sometimes it lags, most of the time it doesn't.. but when I'm recording, it usually lags.. oddly enough, when i first installed AE (or was it ragnarok?), force single processor was set to true

the snowy areas in act 5, i sometimes get stutters there.. i won't even try recording in that area
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal