Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262828 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #180 on: 22 March 2018, 20:03:20 »
lolz i have been doing the same but i took it one step further.. i use throwing knife from rogue.. summon ancestral warriors also proc with knives and i also spread CC.. then of course traps with battle standard.. but i think i made a mistake with stat distribution
« Last Edit: 22 March 2018, 20:05:27 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #181 on: 22 March 2018, 20:45:04 »
Added to the leaderboard gasconron and good luck with them.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #182 on: 22 March 2018, 21:38:04 »
Regarding the "Blacksmith Exploit Twinking", i am not sure to understand what you say Gasconron.
- if you mean that a tier program or a mod exists that can reset the blacksmith quest at will, in order to get the good stats, it would be a red line for me that i don't want to cross. Sure my pleasure would be cut down if there was this possibilty.
- if you mean that an experienced player with many toons in legendary, could load many crafted items with the blacksmith quest on a single toon for a particular build, why not ? as far as i am concerned i don't mind. I understand that a player that has finished multiple times the Xmax challenge like you, wants to test new and unexpected  builds with this possibilty.

About the blacksmith quest itself, well.. to my mind it's badly designed...and i hope TQ developers will change it. I have crafted the archmage's mantle that way in epic. And the core stat 33% physical resistance went down to 24% ! Gniii, this is a core stat that renders the item valuable. Sure new added stats are nice but they remain secondary. I wanted to keep the quest in legendary for the Archmage's clasp but i am not sure now.. i wouldn't like that the core stat -42% recharge breaks down too. Therefore this quest is interesting only for items that are under their true potential because they drop initially with a bad random stat.

And for the Xmax challenge, i've nothing to add to these words:  ;)
the main challenge is me against the Xmax mod - not against other players.  People who do complete this challenge untwinked have my admiration because I know I couldn't do what they did.  I'm not that good a player and couldn't stand to do the necessary farming for gear to try

« Last Edit: 22 March 2018, 23:19:36 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: 23 March 2018, 03:41:31 »
@Tauceti:
sky is the limit... we have talked about how the system itself can be abused. I am putting it on the table for us to discuss if:
  • it can be abused for the purpose of this challenge.
  • determine the extent or limits of how it can be used for the purpose of this challenge.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: 23 March 2018, 05:43:17 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
message hidden in clouds
« Last Edit: 23 March 2018, 10:30:50 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: 23 March 2018, 08:23:17 »
@botebote77 No need to be salty that was obviously directed at me, lol. You have said your piece and we have acknowledged your point. I have said my piece, and explained that not everyone has the same universal standard in defining cheating. You're a purist gamer and I'm a min-max'er. These two types will never see eye to eye when it comes to opinion.

That's why in cases like this a consensus must be established to draw the middle ground. This is obviously a new mechanic in the game that has not been accounted for in this challenge, and it is being brought up to reach a decision. I'm in favor of abusing it and you are not. Leave it at that.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: 23 March 2018, 10:29:06 »
oh hey cool it :) that wasn't anything.. I'm not part of this anyway.. and uhmm I'm not really good at this sooo.... sorry? :)

i was just having a little fun
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: 23 March 2018, 10:45:06 »
gotcha' all's cool  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: 24 March 2018, 09:32:53 »
Rushed Co'Vang (Warden) yesterday and today for what was supposed to be a BIG update, but died at Barmanu.

I cast Study Prey on the pack of 3 and Shield Charged my way in, only to get clipped by a Shout leaving me open to a sync'd Meteor Shower.
These types of deaths are so salty they leave a bad taste in my mouth. I should have just played another game.
Won't bother posting the screenshots of the cleared bosses. This entry is out anyways.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: 24 March 2018, 12:40:07 »
That feeling with Barmanu. How many times I came with 0 deaths to him and he killed me in less than second. The same thing happens sometimes with Hades and big blue guards just before Hades.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: 24 March 2018, 13:01:18 »
Bad luck gasconron.  He/they are always a pain to deal with.  I usually stick with ranged attacks from bow or spells and make sure to run for the cave should there be any possibility of those darn meteors falling.  Really annoying that they can be cast when he/they are offscreen as well.  Better luck with Sivon we hope.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: 24 March 2018, 21:31:10 »
Barmanu is a real threat in Act 3. What about monster lure, does it work against boss, if so, it may draw the attention a few seconds (?)

Progress from Saiga:
EBD is still functional so that Act 3 was rather quick. Regarding Barmanu, compared to my 1st try with Gustav, the pull was better. As usual i put the nightmare on defensive mode, sent him for a body pull while the Liche king remained on my side, on agressive mode. Only one Barmanu came so it was Ok. But the 2nd time, the other 2 came at once. Thanksfully, the Liche King took the aggro and the sync showers on his head !.  At lvl 39, i was able to wear the Dreamweaver set and then the 3XTyphon encounter was much more doable. Saiga is now lvl 42 resting in Rhodes.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: 24 March 2018, 22:12:23 »
Well done Tauceti.  Looks like, all being well, you'll soon be joining gasconron in Epic.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: 27 March 2018, 11:45:17 »
Update for Gale Vitesse.  She's reached the Jade Palace, having dealt with everything thrown at her so far.  She's up to L38 and has a kill count of 39,030.  :)

Giant Peng

Stalker in the Woods

Bandari

Bulls

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: 27 March 2018, 21:16:20 »
I didn't notice before, how do you manage to have such a high regeneration health ? Is your build based on this feature ?
I wonder what would be the maximum h.o.t. rate a toon could have, so that he could outweight the mean incoming damage from regular mobs.

Some news too from Saiga: At mid act 4, EBD was no more the main source of damage but still a useful support. No real threat until Hades, and this time NO DACTYL in the place  :) Regarding Hades encounter, the combo Circle of power+Dark covenant + ternion with the vitality staff was really efficient. Saiga is now in Corinthe (lvl 50).
« Last Edit: 27 March 2018, 21:19:38 by Tauceti »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal