Author Topic: Need advice on fixing my laptop's cooling system  (Read 3578 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Need advice on fixing my laptop's cooling system
« on: 10 June 2018, 01:05:51 »
I have a problem with the fans of my laptop and the speed at which they run no matter what game I play.. the laptop reaches to very high temperatures in a very short time during gaming and the fans won't speed up to cool the extra heated sections.. I'm guessing its somewhere around 800-900 RPM..
The weird thing is, when I try to watch some video on my browser which causes seemingly no extra heat or whatsoever, the fan speed goes very high.. So I'm guessing the bios settings work fine and take control whenever I use video related stuff but they do not respond to excess heat during gaming periods..
What could be the problem here?.. I've searched the net and most of the answers are all about software suggestions but I think there must be a simpler fix for this issue..
My fans were cleaned recently and the heat-sink was refreshed so those are not the cause of the problem.. I'm also using a cooling pad and the laptop is positioned at a small angle for air to regulate underneath but that doesn't seem to help at all..
« Last Edit: 10 June 2018, 02:23:11 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Need advice on fixing my laptop's cooling system
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2018, 01:41:31 »
If your laptop is under warranty, return it.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2018, 02:11:02 »
Sadly its not, I mean not anymore..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2018, 03:52:18 »
Sadly its not, I mean not anymore..
I think you should try to sell it if you can, till then wait here for better advice.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal