Author Topic: How to get started with mods- noobie questiond  (Read 4812 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mattias

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
How to get started with mods- noobie questiond
« on: 08 December 2018, 11:59:01 »
Hey everyone.

I feel a bit disorientated in the world of mods and I need some guidence!
I just finished the original game and I was longing for a TQ 2, until I saw there actually existed something like that, - mods.
Ive been searchig for some standard guide on how to get started, how it works and what it is and what to expect, but all I find is rather complicated and everyone seems to already be ”in” it.
What’s ur favorite map, how do I install it, is there any useful guides on how to that already exists?

Thank you for any answer!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: How to get started with mods- noobie questiond
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2018, 06:22:51 »
I'll try to answer just so i could bump this and hope some of the modders read this.. obviously they know better than me

some simple bounce mods like xmax, there should be an instruction.. you need to copy the right folders to your custommaps folder found in uuhhh iirc Documents/My games/Titan Quest.. Then when you enter the game, you choose Play Custom Game instead of Play Titan Quest.. if you copied the right folder to custommaps folder, the name should appear when you choose Play Custom Game.. it will then redirect (bounce) you to the previous menu where you enter it again

some mods completely changes the skills.. there are i think 4 in this forum: shadow champions mod, dieties, LoC, Hamunaptra.. eh does Hamunaptra change skills? dunno

i don't even understand my own instructions  :))
« Last Edit: 10 December 2018, 06:27:45 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2018, 17:49:57 »
There are 2 kinds of mods, soft mods - which changes only mastery skills to your character and monsters and hard mods, which do big changes to your game. Soft mods are easy to install, but for hard mods you need to make a backup for something, not sure atm is it about entire IT or AE game or specific folders because hard mods change original game and without backup you can't replace files.
On your place I would go with Asylums or Destinies 1st because you should feel difference between original game and new masteries with some other small changes. If I'm right Destinies have superb mastery combination, Chivalry and Purification. Asylums have Sentinel, Senguirary (something like that, other name is Incubus), Predator - combination of those is really fun to play. Tried Incubus with Shaman, but shaman makes you too weak for this game, Incubus is strong with powerfull pet, but based on vitality damage, so better to play with with Predator - bow/spear or Sentinel who is pure tank.
Then try to play Lilith Masteries, set game to be hard to play with difficulty changer, don't go with some easy, pick Alchemy since its the best mastery there, offers you protection + damage auras, a lot of casting things and energy regeneration, 2nd mastery should be one of these: Archery - projectil master, a lot of fun while playing it, stronger with every level, Mysticism - very powerful skill comes from there Exorcism and is staff/sword based mastery but not easy to play when switching from staff to sword, you have always to turn on damage aura for sword, Construction - pet based mastery with good energy regeneration, offer traps, cast and run mastery :)
Then you can try Legion of Champions (haven't tried it yet) or Soulvizier which is for Immortal Throne only and so far another dimension of titan quest game.
Also there are Diablo2, some new mods. I tried Paths some time ago and it doesn't seems good for unexperienced players. At least for me it was game with million questions, could not find myself there.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-guides-patches-mods-and-utilities-list/
https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-masteries-mod/
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2018, 17:56:30 »
if you playing on steam,

Go to steam workshop, if you like any mod, just click subscribe .

For playing the mod, go custom maps in main menu, click and enjoy.

(Note: dont use your mains characters into mods, it will probally broke it).

If you dont use steam,

Check the mod you like to try, download it, then you put the mod in

My Documents/My games/Titan quest Immoratl throne/Custommaps

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2018, 18:43:29 »
if you playing on steam,

If you dont use steam,

Its in AE board so probably he plays AE, ragnarok?
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2018, 18:56:14 »
if you playing on steam,

If you dont use steam,

Its in AE board so probably he plays AE, ragnarok?

i usually put mods in this way, it works with AE/RQ
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2018, 00:32:40 »
If you want an entirely renewed experience, go for the so called Hard-mods, wich modify the game drastically and require you to backup your game files before installation. I don't know much more about those, to be honest.

Then there is Soft-mods, wich compose the majority of TQ's mod catalogue. It ranges from mods that modify slightly the Main quest (increased difficulty, monster spawns), custom quests in custom maps, and other miscellanous stuff.

If you are playing on the Steam version, feel free to have a look at the Steam Workshop. It holds a couple of interesting mods. Keep in mind though : they might not all be compatible with the Ragnarok DLC (if you own it) or might require the DLC (if you don't own it). Generally, the mod's publisher specifies this.

If you are not on Steam however, you can visist Kirmizi Perfect to have access to another selection of mods. Here you will be downloading .rar or .zip files that you will unzip in your custommaps folder.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2018, 05:46:32 »
Important thing to mention is if you go with Hard-mods, there is high chance that you will never try soft mods after that. I think if I new for Soulvizier earlier and if I tried to play it, in that case I would never try other soft mods, except Lilith Masteries because its another much bigger map with really nice mastery trees, but again Soulvizier offers much much more than anything else that I tried to play. But Lilith on hardest difficulty is real challenge, many failed side quests will happen, it will look like you are chasing monsters, but most of time you will run for life and some of them won't stop  :))

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal