Author Topic: Some of my playthroughs  (Read 44559 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Some of my playthroughs
« on: 09 January 2018, 03:42:49 »
I'm new to this video recording/sharing but might as well try.. These are just 2nd and 3rd of my recorded videos.. The 1st one has no sound :)

Epic regular playthrough

Legendary xmax x3

I shared the link of this site at each of the descriptions (is that ok?)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVzC_wOlfRHyQRXAYZFTrGA?view_as=subscriber

I also disabled comments so if anyone who sees it has questions or anything to say, they sign up here  ::)
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 03:57:41 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some of my playthroughs
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2018, 04:02:25 »
Those were cool, botebote77. Thanks for sharing. It's always neat to see how other people go about playing the game. You inspired me to record some gameplay video too.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2018, 22:41:09 »
I changed the audio for this gameplay because this is my first time trying x10 mobs and this isn't my character so i'm not used to this. Still, EVERYTHING has to be OK.. Let's do this Lenka

« Last Edit: 12 January 2018, 22:57:00 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2018, 20:02:35 »

first, apologies for the lag.. i have no idea why.. but it's not always like this.. 2nd, apologies for the no sound.. people were sleeping when i recorded this

i wanted to share one of my retired characters.. i don't feel like playing her again.. but this is one of the strongest builds i know if done the right way.. you need at least +3 all skills and very high CDR for this.. pets come from key of elysium but it's not necessary.. the summon pets proc with knives so it goes well with this build.. but the main damage comes from traps and battle standard.. you'll see even with shitty resists, this can still be good

i made many farming runs with this char and she's a big reason why i don't farm anymore
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Benitot

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2018, 20:06:32 »
Nice build and a creative way of using the key of elysium

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2018, 19:27:41 »
@Tauceti and @MedeaFleecestealer, you were right.. menhir wall don't last long against Toxeus.. it lasts 10secs though at normal speed so the description seems to be correct.. i timed it with stopwatch :))  .. i thought energy armor and HoO would make menhir wall tankier but it's weird.. menhir wall don't seem to count as pets but guardian stones does.. at least according to aura animations.. i mean guardian stones get HoO and energy armor animations but menhir wall doesn't.. i also cant click it with rune of life.. i thought about healing it with regrowth but it's not clickable.. but guardian stones is and can receive regrowth and rune of life.. weird.. this is the best i can do for now:

still only in epic but guardian stones only at 10/12, menhir wall at 6/10, and seal of fate and aftershock both at lvl 6.. CDR at 72%.. still serves it's purpose and way more satisfying than the yiva trick

notice the sacred rage proc.. she also casts rally but decided not to that time
« Last Edit: 23 February 2018, 10:32:07 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2018, 05:14:15 »
Monster Lure FTW

actually, the 2nd video i should've positioned myself behind the 2nd monster lure.. @CrocMagnum would be disappointed tsk tsk tsk
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2018, 21:42:37 »
why is this not here? i forgot

edit: ah because it was a take 2
« Last Edit: 13 March 2018, 21:44:15 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2018, 05:21:12 »
Decided to play my thunderer again.. a character i haven't played in months i literally forgot how to play it

Forgot to show my items but it's heavily twinked so everything is easy for now.. Lykaion Malleus, Pelaron, Archmage's Clasp, Two normal green throwing weapons both with shen-nongs.. uhmm everything else i forgot

I'm surprised i didn't put any points on seal of fate so i put 1pt each after the video

Anyway, this is my version of the Thor build - God of Lightning. A fake hybrid. Static charge to boost lightning bolt and thunder strike/unleash.. Rune weapon if i need a charge

this is an example of @gasconron 's rants :/  .. before, i would've needed to sacrifice lots of points on str to equip Lykaion Malleus and Pelaron.. now i can ignore it entirely

Those were cool, botebote77. Thanks for sharing. It's always neat to see how other people go about playing the game. You inspired me to record some gameplay video too.
sooo.. where's yours? i haven't seen one yet  :D
« Last Edit: 23 March 2018, 10:49:43 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2018, 04:06:39 »

Ragnarok Version of the Dual Wield Ice Sharder.. except i only have 1 Persephone's so maybe this is Ragnarok Version of the Ice Shard Paladin

old habits kicking in.. trying different builds on my characters again.. sometimes i think all my theorycrafting are useless since i do different builds anyway once i play it

the stats and items aren't much different.. high int with some dex.. Persephone's Caress instead of Lykaion Malleus

gonna have to do this again in later acts or legendary if i still play TQ by that time sob  :'(

@Laionidas  you've tried this already? i thought i have 2 Persephone's but TQCollector says i only have 1.. I have svalinn but lvl req is 66

@Tauceti this how you use menhir wall right? :) i just hope it holds in legendary
« Last Edit: 27 March 2018, 04:32:03 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2018, 10:07:19 »
@Laionidas  you've tried this already? i thought i have 2 Persephone's but TQCollector says i only have 1.. I have svalinn but lvl req is 66

No, I haven't. I'm postponing Ragnarok (a very Norse thing to do, lololol!) to get some characters into Legendary first. I'll get it on the next discount. Easter maybe?

But concerning you only having one set of the lady's tears,.. I understood that there is this boss in Act V that drops duplicates of a random item the player is wearing right? That could be a good means to obtain a second. And I see no reason not tu run with Svalinn untill you do.

The video you posted is interesting, but the playstyle seems a lot more defensive than what I would have in mind. The use of Menhir's is interesting, but I feel Squal is somewhat obsolete here allready, and definitely will be in later stages of the game, especially because Squall seems to benefit the Lightning part more than the Cold. Mainly, I tend to spam the Shards like a torrent though, instead of single-clicking the RMB. It burns mana, but that's what pots are for, and the flow of play is much better ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 27 March 2018, 11:06:57 »
squall never gets obsolete my friend :)  even if it kills fast already, the reduced damage and 100% chance to miss projectiles are too valuable

it is a little defensive because i only have 1 Persephone's.. but if i find another 1 for sure I'll try dual wield.. svalinn is lvl 66, I'm only 49/50.. still a long ways to go.. one advantage of svalinn is it has +1000 to energy so it's possible to cast higher lvls of energy armor.. those defensive skills energy armor, energy shield, rune of life are all lvl 1.. most of my skill points were spent on ice shards, heart of frost, squall, eye of the storm

edit: ah i have moon disc.. might give it a try
« Last Edit: 27 March 2018, 11:37:05 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #12 on: 27 March 2018, 13:36:41 »
I never have played Icesharder before, it seems really efficient. Does it scale well in legendary ? and what about immune mobs (if any) ?

Regarding walls, i made new tests with an accomplished hero and i was pleasantly surprised how well it can work with some boss (not all of them apparently) in Xmax. Here are 2 pics of Nessus encounter in Epic. The wall acts as a monster lure. As soon as the 1s Nessus broke a stone in the wall, he turns his attention towards you whereas the 2 others continue fighting their stone (that's weird  ;D). As you know, the possibilty to engage 3 boss separatly is essential in Xmax for a squishy toon. I also made some tests on runeweapon and dual wielding. Actually i plan to play a DW-thunderer from the beginning with Xmax (maybe i will open a thread). From my tests, the accomplished toon already had 2 deaths while dual-wielding, he has serious survivability issues. But when i used the walls, things were much better. As you say, the question is how well stones can stand in legendary... maybe you 'll have the answer soon  ;) I 've also tested 1h+shield at max, and i was impressed by the efficiency of the shield. In that particular case, the wall was no longer needed (well... it's on early epic game)
« Last Edit: 27 March 2018, 13:40:06 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2018, 01:38:03 »
ice shard on its own wanes in legendary.. but actually all it needs are some support and it becomes effective again.. the double resist reduction a druid offers is a known build (plague and squall).. hunting with max flush out probably but it doesn't give the same energy regen as nature (briar ward/sanctuary).. rune offers supports like runeword:feather (allowing me to equip Persephone's with not much str), and reckless offense (for dual Persephone's).. I'm not aware of any immune to cold monsters in TQ but i haven't tested it against water nymphs yet.. it won't be a problem though because water nymphs are extremely susceptible to lightning and EBD.. Surtr on the other hand is fire elemental so he might be weak against cold.

I remember when Ragnarok just came out, i had a little chat with a friend at reddit (a veteran fellow caster lover, he doesn't play TQ anymore :(  ).. he was complaining that rune seems OP.. i was complaining i can't think of a good caster build for rune and that i had to think crazier.. the dual wield Persephone's ice sharder is what i came up with.. and then an offshoot lightning/EBD Lykaion Malleus build.. I'm caster oriented mind you, i hate single target attacks :)

i only have 1 each of Persephone's and Lykaion Malleus.. maybe i could mix ice shard and lighting bolt ignoring thunder strike.. dual wield Persephone's and Lykaion Malleus.. lol i have one more build to try :))

Actually i plan to play a DW-thunderer from the beginning with Xmax (maybe i will open a thread).
yes :)  .. you do that with your weapon attack thing.. i do my thing which is casting AoE spells.. I'm not writing a thread though I'll just post videos
« Last Edit: 28 March 2018, 12:20:30 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some of my playthroughs - BoneCharmer
« Reply #14 on: 07 April 2018, 00:02:19 »

@Bobinho11 this is my bonecharmer

i died hohohohaha

i remember i had a black pearl ring with recharge but i think i gave it away.. it was easier with about 65% CDR.. i haven't played this toon in ages and i don't feel like playing it again :/

i forgot to say i use throwing weapons now.. a bow usually deals better damage and has longer range but throwing weapons are faster and if you've read some of my comments, I'm really not a fan of sacrificing 1 item slot

you can probably see I'm not good at melee.. even melee i try to mix some CC and try to kite.. I'm one dimensional lol

well, that was legendary and i did not go through act 5 normal and epic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
reasons :>
« Last Edit: 07 April 2018, 00:19:16 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal