Author Topic: jonnymon69's The Middle Weight Thane guide  (Read 4747 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
jonnymon69's The Middle Weight Thane guide
« on: 13 August 2018, 09:22:23 »
Melee Thane: The middle weight
An Act by Act guild, Part 1
I have hated this class for 4 years now because I could never make it work, but after making a few enquires I have found out I was doing it wrong by miles and it was lack of understanding not the class that sucked.
Before I get to the guild I must stress this is how I have found it to work, you may know of a different way, that’s cool but read the whole guild before you try trashing it, this is not the perfect build so keep that in mind.
The reason the guide is called the middle weight is this; it has a great attack speed and a heavy hit but not as heavy as other just like a middle weight boxer, hence the name.
A few important notices: thanks to the help from guys and girls like kike, medea, shalie, asylum and others i have managed to get a thane past normal, until this point act 2 was where i gave up after normally 30+ deaths lol but thanks to the advice from these members and others i have made it now 🙂
Act1 normal:
Start out by picking warfare when you get to level 2, you will be using just warfare for most if not all of act 1 and 2, reason for this is that the toon will be a dual wielder using onslaught as main damage so it’s important to get that maxed before you add in storm. When it comes to equipment anything green you can find will be enough for act 1 normal even probably a few good yellows stocked with some good relics. Weapons would be death weaver’s legtips, these will last you till mid way through act 3 normal and you can farm for them at tegea the earliest off the purple spiders in the cave where you complete the poison spring quest.
For skills you I played Xmax so I made it to level 24 by the end of act 1 and skills looked like this:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=1&m1=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-0-1-6-1-1-0-6-0-0-1-6-0-0-0-0-0-6-4-0-0-0
When it comes to maxing out dual wield there are so many different views on what skills in that tree you should pick first, I’m not going to tell you how to do it because by the time you finish act 1 the whole tree is finished so pick the skills in that tree in the order you like to how you play.
Artifact I use is a Shroud of eternal night, good all round artefact for the start of the game but there are many options, however you are a melee toon so if you don’t use shroud then id use a deathrattle.
Act 1 is very easy and you will only die when you lose concentration like I often do when talking to my wife lol, I look up to answer her questions then look down and I’m mobbed and then dead lol, but the 1st act will be easy.
Act2 normal:
For the most of the act you will still be just using warfare building up your attacking power, to make it survivable as soon as you get to Rhakotis find the rebirth and then look at the shop for green equipment, if you can’t see any, then save, exit and reload until you have an upgrade on equipment. As for your weapons, the deathweavers legtips are good enough to get you to act 3 till you get to the point to find some sabertooths. Most of the skill work will be on onslaught and dodge attack and it won’t be till you hit level 33 that you finally become a thane and pick your 2nd mastery.
This is how the skills will look at end of act 2, remember I’m playing on xmax so that is why the level is higher than it really needs to be to finish act 2:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=5&m1=2-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-8-6-0-6-0-1-1-6-6-0-0-0-0-6-6-0-0
the fighting tactic you need to imply changes from in act 1 just walking around and slapping monsters with your swords, you now have to use your warwind skill, you charge into the group hopefully hitting the max number of enemies and then using dual wield going around in the circle 1 hitting the rest of their hp. This does use a bit of mana and mana potions are needed but if you use the shroud of eternal night artifact you have a small mana leach and that can be enough to get you through most mobs before you need a mana potion.
This act won’t be much of a challenge still but it does help to improve you battle style for epic and legendary and it helps you get all you main attacking skills up before you hit act 3 and things get a bit tougher.
If you can find 1 using an honour guards charm will give a boost to amour, stun resist and pierce resist as well as any extra suffix or prefix to go along makes it a nice item to have for melee toon whose worst enemy is the archer. They drop at the start of act 2 with rng fix on.
Act 3 normal:
This act will have the very 1st set items to use in it, the imperial set, drops from a whole host of enemies and almost any good chest in the act can have a bit of this set. Why this set? It has good bonuses to warfare skills and good buffs to resistances, and a nice high armour rating. The 2 sword in the set are not used I’m afraid, the set with 2 sabre tooth’s on is about 200 to 300 depending on the sabres you get dps stronger than the set complete and the bonuses resistances from the full complete set isn’t worth that much dps imo. As for the sabres themselves they will drop after you have made it into the Mongolian plateau and i often find they drop with nice suffix and prefix that stocking them with a valor is fine for now. Another item to keep your eyes peeled for is the shadow veil arcane formula. This formula is best bet to help you out in act 4 when if you get mobed the shadow wave that flows from you does around 1000 damage and is very useful and doesn’t drop you over all damage per second which is the more important figure for this toon since your about having 2 or almost 2 hits per second on your enemies.
For those fans of xmax there is a certain point where i turned this off, not because i had never made it this far but because wuso mountain is a nightmare for this toon, believe me i tried and failed but if you want to use xmax all the way be my guest and try.
Skills will look like this in the end of this act:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=5&m1=12-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-8-6-0-6-0-5-1-6-6-0-4-0-0-6-6-0-0
Fighting typhoon, don’t bother throwing your battle standard up it will go as soon as you throw it up, run around to dodge the 1st up attacks then throw it down and it then just becomes about dodging the killer meteor moves and the thorny spike move that reflect damage back to you, a way to keep your standard alive as long as you can fight him on the max range of it to keep his ranged fire breath from hitting it and the meteors from landing on it.
Once the standard is gone he will be about 66% down on hp if he hasn’t been spamming the moves you need to stay away from so it then just becomes about kiting him when he is throwing down big damage moves then running in and hitting him till you need to kite again.
Act 4:
This is the act that makes or breaks your toon, so getting this act right will set you up nicely for when you hit epic. There will be alot of MI farming, the MIs i used are these; Flog, myrmidons skullcap, myrmidons chitin and batrachos greaves, these items will help you hit almost 1k dps when just you onslaught is maxed and when battle rage goes up it gets even better. The only non-MI i used was the gauntlets of implacable will, they have a 144 armour rating, nice resistances buffs to strength and dex, attack speed increase and offensive ability increase so they are a great item to use. The rings i used are 2 hale rings stocked with a demons blood for 50% vit resistances and monkey kings trickery for the bonuses of elemental damage resistance and the pierce resistance completion bonuses, skill distribution protection and reduction to resistance, just a great relic for this toon.
Faring spots:
Gauntlets: farmed against the grey sisters.
Greaves: farmed in the soronis against the anouran frog men.
Helm: the river styx before the bridge off the formicids.
Chest: the river styx before the bridge off the formicids.
Weapon: river styx before the bridge and after off the troglodyte.
Rings: in any store from act 3 onwards but quite common in act 4 stores.
Farm for the best item you can it makes the difference don’t just settle for the 1st 1 you find.
Relics and charms for act 4:
Hermes sandal for greaves with pierce resistance bonuses, crystal of erebus end game with resist all bonuses for helm (if you twink then you can use this as soon as you get your helm on, if you don’t twink then use a relic to boost a resistance you are low on), weapons get blades of thanatos one with bonuses damage to undead and 1 with bonuses to demons, chest gets a relic to boost resistance you are low on and amulet gets a raptors tooth for increase damage.
Skills will look like this once done, you should be around level 46 but titancalc only goes up to 6 on triumph instead of 10, yours should be 7 and that’s why the titancalc only shows level 45.
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=7&m1=30-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-8-6-0-6-0-7-1-6-6-0-6-0-0-6-6-0-0-0
Enemies to watch:
The mache generals pack a mean punch but also they have many other strong mache archers and hero archers around them so picking them off 1st is important b4 you go charging into a pit of death.
Other than that there isn’t much to worry you, just pay attention to your hp bar and use a potion when needed.
That’s the end of normal, a few notes; i have not mentioned a stat point ratio, this is simple because i don’t know it, I’m flying by the seat of my pants on this. At the end of this i had 644 STR, 144 int and 380 dex. Resistances are 71/47/56/61/80 second page is 0/118/0/150/15, DA 528 and OA 726.
Hope this helps you start a thane and hold tight for part 2 which i should have up in a week or 2.
An Act by Act gulde, Part 2
Congratulations you have made it to epic, before i get into part 2 i have some edits for part 1, regarding stats allocation, you are to 1:1 Str and dex until when you hold your mouse over the dex stat in character window it says 250 in white, once you have hit that value then you have all the dex you will need so pump your str. Also in part 1 i mentioned a few MIs used, these items are important because they will be used for a good chunk on epic as well, so farm for the best which for this toon would be a vets of mayhem or vets of devouring.
Now to part 2:
Act 1
Ok so we are now in epic and most if not all of your resistances are still in the plus, this is helpful science very few of your items will be replaceable for a small time. You will carry this act on much as you left the last 1, it’s all pretty easy in terms of enemies, you can still xmax even with the normal items on but until you get to the centaur war chief of Sparta i would stay off it.
Once you have hit Sparta you can do farming runs for 2 items, the blessing of the good and the Rhesus Whitewashed armour, these items will give you a nice boost to resistances and stats and they will allow you to turn back on your xmax and play with ease, the chest after the war chief is where i found these and it did take some time but it a small and easy farm run and if after 10 goes you haven’t found anything of value then exit the game fully and restart it hopefully resetting the item seed more in your favour.
Once you have found 1 or both of those items move along to tegea where you will camp here on xmax farming till you find a very good deathweavers legtip, after going from level 49 to level 51 i found the legtip i was after, a vets of devouring, but i also found an interesting axe called an Onager, if you can find 2 of these axes you will make them your secondary weapon swap. Why this axe, because it has 22 point of hp and mp regen, when both are on along with the equipment i have my hp regen is 59 and mp is 55 so in between mobs switch to these to axes and you will find mp pots are used less and with a legtip of devouring your hp pots are used less as well.
Keep on going through on xmax kicking some arse and taking some names with you thane until you come across the gorgon sisters, these are the best place to find and early set of stonebinder cuffs which will be one of the most helpful items for this toon, its base stats are +2 to all skills and around 20% elemental resistance but if you can find a really good pair because they will be on until you replace them with a legendary 1. I found a tempered of the glade set and they are most useful. Don’t worry about a relic for these until act 4.
Once you have the stonebinder cuffs equip you can go to the mystic and remove 2 points from triumph and put them into heart of frost.
Also while you’re at this point be on the lookout for relics and charms to upgrade, if you are using the fan patch like i am then you can look out for them all if not you have to skip 1 and try an alt for it. The charms and relics to look out 4 are 2 embodiment of the valour of Achilles, epic demons blood and the embodiment of Hermes sandal, that will only drop if you have the fan patch so if you don’t then i would suggest as an alt for it a prestige plumage or go it bear until act 2.
At the end of the act your skills and level will look a bit like this.
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=8&m1=32-0-1-0-0-7-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-0-8-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-8-6-0-6-0-10-1-6-6-0-6-0-0-6-6-0-0-0-0
You will have 1 more point in triumph but the titancalc only goes to 6 instead of the games 10.
Bosses to watch for:
Only 1 boss gave me trouble in this act and it was talos, he has a small army around him and they destroyed my BS before i could kill all 3 of him, so my advice to you is kill the small army around him then throw up the BS and inflict a world of pain on him for being such a pain, if you have an epic demon blood then the stun he does won’t last long but if you have been unlucky and haven’t found 1 then try avoid the stun it’s easy to spot it’s when he lifts his big as leg up. Also if you do not wish to take on all 3 at once then single them out and drag each 1 up the stairs and take them on 1 by 1 to make it easier.
Now you may be wondering why i haven’t replaced all the normal equipment and the truth of it is i could find anything that could apart from there epic counter parts so i have kept them on for the time being and if they need changing then i will change but if i can make them last till there epic counter parts can be found then that’s what i will do.
Act 2:
Welcome back to the desert of act 2, my least favourite of all the acts, there is no farming needed in this act and the same setup of items used in act 1 breeze through act two, all i can say item wise is be on the lookout for anything you can, there are good formula to be found and items for other toons can be found in this act but nothing for you thane.
Level wise its slow going because you are just running through to act 3 and don’t stay long in one place you will only reach level 56 by the time you leave but that’s no problem you will still be plenty strong enough to beat the enemies of act 2 into the ground on xmax.
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=12&m1=32-0-1-0-0-8-0-0-4-0-0-0-6-0-0-0-1-1-0-8-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-8-6-0-6-0-10-1-6-6-0-6-0-0-6-6-0-0-0-0-0
There is a new boss in act 2, the Manticore. In the fayum oasis there is a cave to the right of the town go all the long way to the back of the cave and that’s where you find him, once you have found him you then kill his red arse and if you’re lucky they will come at you 1 by 1 in xmax but if you’re like me and your unlucky then all 3 hit you at once, use a hp pot when that happens then throw down a BS and a squall and smash away, with a full onslaught and battle rage going and a BS up my dps was 3.5k so the devouring on the legtip kept me alive from there and in a few short seconds all 3 where dead and i moved onto act 3.
-Guide by jonnymon69
« Last Edit: 13 August 2018, 09:33:50 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: jonnymon69's The Middle Weight Thane guide Pt1
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2018, 09:22:59 »
Act 3:
Spend a lot of time in this act; there is a few items to farm for. Starting off with replacing the normal flog by farming the ichthian in the hanging gardens, i was lucky and manage to find some really good whompers in my 1st 4 runs so i spent little time here but you may not be lucky like that. You are looking to find a Veterans whomper of Annihilation or mayhem, this will increase your damage by a big margin and wont lower you OA and DA by a noticeable amount, however your str and dex will drop a bit but overall it’s a good increase.
Once you have found that then swap out your relic to the weapon and carry on going to the 1st boss who is a joke even on xmax. With the battle standard up he dies in seconds. Just keep going the way you did in act 1 and 2 there isn’t anything to much troubling in this act for now until Barmanus, he has some powerful meteors and a nice slow he does b4 it, the trick to him is simple, single them out 1 at a time into your battle standard and kill them off 1 at a time.
The next farming spot is the Mongolian plateau against the tigermen; you’re looking for a epic sabertooths to replace your epic deathweavers legtip. You’re looking for another Vets 1 of devouring; this helps with potion consumption and tanking xmax mobs that are not undead. Again i found mine pretty quick so i didn’t have to stay long but you may not be so lucky so keep it up, they do drop there with those prefix and suffix.
Your skills will look like this after the act:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=12&m1=32-0-1-0-0-8-0-0-9-0-0-0-6-0-0-0-1-1-0-8-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-8-6-1-6-0-10-1-6-6-0-6-0-3-6-6-0-0-0-0-0
If you find the farming for weapons have levelled you past that then work on the war horn skill and if they go past that as well then freeze blast.
There are a few new fighting techs to use this act for normal mobs and bosses:
Dragon liche – at this stage your still ok xmaxing so when you fight him there will be 3 of them, and he is undead so no ADCtH to heal you. The best way to deal with him is to single 1 out at a time then throw up a standard and kill that 1 then draw in the next and then the next. Reason why you don’t want all 3 is they have a skill distribution attack that will have you almost permanently not able to use onslaught which can be a real pain so getting them 1 by 1 keeps your ability to use your main skill.
Dragonair – the melee guys won’t be an issue for this toon but it the archers that are the problem. But why? They have with them a mage in the mobs and the mage has a nasty stun, keeps you down for about 2 seconds but with the archers doing 300+ damage to you per hit and xmax increases the number of the mob from 6 to 12 and your hp is only around 3.6k, a 2 second stun will have you dead. Best way is to drag a few out at a time and kill them then drag a few more out and so on leaving the mage by himself to die a painful death from a whomper to the face. If ther is no mage in the mob then split the mob again and use war horn to stun them and kill them in to goes.
Wusou – This is the time to turn off xmax, unless you have been luckier than me in finding a replacement to the helm and leggings your just not tank enough for the mobs in here and also there can be mobs of 15 liche mage skellies that will kill you in seconds so i recommend taking the xmax mod off for a while.
Telkine – he is nice and easy just walk up and dodge 1st up attack, throw down a standard and squall and beat him to death.
Typhoon – again nice and easy if you have kept xmax off, if you turned it back on, have fun with that, if you left it off then dodge 1st few attacks till he drops a meteor then drop a standard and squall on him and go nuts, he will die in a few seconds.
This is a hard act for the thane and if you need to earlier than wusou turn xmax off, i died a fair bit learning that lesson for you, now to act 4 .
Act 4:
This act wasn’t as hard as i first thought it would be. There is allot to farm in this act and once you have done all the farming needed then you will be able to turn xmax on permanently if you which but for now in this act it is for farming runs.
The greaves your after are Batrachos greaves, you can farm for them on the beach at Rhodes but i wouldn’t recommend this option. I stayed there and went from level 59 to 61 and only found a bramblewood bow and mbutis advocate, but after moving on to Soronis it took 10 runs before i found my 1st set, they where a standard set but it was allot less runs than at the beach, i would recommend farming for a descent set, i found a hale of unconstrained set but that was a very lucky find. Also while here farming look out for the relic called the Rage of Ares this will go on your stonebinders, gives a nice increase in damage if you get the 20% damage completion bonus as well as the chance of an extra 300 damage, 15% chance seems low but with the rate that this toon attacks at its pretty good. Defboy99 has just informed me of this “Rage of Ares will always roll with the +%damage completion bonus if you socket individual shards into a bracer one by one (standard completion bonus)” so if you follow this advice then it will work in you fav
The next items to farm for will complete the epic set of items and if you so wish you could then turn xmax back on but i wouldn’t recommend this. The farming spot is the river Styx and your farming pale formicides and troglodytes for a hallowed Myrmidons helm of whatever suits you best and a vets flog of annihilation or devouring if you get the devouring the ADCtH will be around 30% and apart from the undead this will stop your need for hp pots.
Skills will look like this at the end of the act unless you have been unlucky and have had to farm more than me:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=14&m1=32-0-1-0-0-8-0-0-9-0-0-0-6-0-0-0-1-1-0-8-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-8-6-7-6-0-10-1-6-6-0-6-0-5-6-6-0-0-0-0-0-0
there was no boss that was any trouble or any mob that was to hard the only thing i would say is that the machea can deal a butt load of damage so keep an eye out on your health bar.
An Act by Act guild, Part 3
Welcome to legendary where the pain begins :). As a note from part 2, i realise that a lot of people do not enjoy playing the game with a negative resistance so an alternative to the hallowed myrmidons helm i would suggest an ismenes helm, that along with the blessing of the gods will give you enough to stay in the positive an well as the resist all bonus on a crystal of erebus.
Another note for legendary is staying off xmax unless farming, the build, especially in its final stage can handle xmax but i don’t see making the last slog any harder for your toon than it already is unless you twink the final build.
Final build:
Head: Hallowed Ismenes Helm Supremacy
Torso: Wrymskin Harness
Legs: Dazzling Batrachos Greaves of the Pegasus
Arms: Lustrous Stonebinder Cuffs of the Glade
Ring 1: Hale Ring of Supremacy
Ring 2: Hale Ring of Supremacy
Neck: (situational) Blessing of the Gods or Pendent of Immortal Rage
Artifact: Sigil Of Bast/Star of Ishtar(this would be the better option but i don’t have it so can only work with what i do have)
Weapon 1: Veteran Sabertooth of Devouring
Weapon 2: Veterans Folg of Devouring
End skills
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&sa=21&m1=32-0-1-6-0-8-8-0-12-2-0-0-6-0-0-0-1-1-0-8-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-0-6-10-6-1-10-8-6-6-1-6-0-6-6-6-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
End game stats(no skills on):
OA: 1327/Blessing of the gods – 1447/ POIR
DA: 2051/Blessing of the gods – 1996/POIR
Str: 1278/Blessing of the gods – 1330/ POIR
Dex: 619/Blessing of the gods – 593/ POIR
Int: 182/Blessing of the gods – 162/ POIR
Fire: 80/Blessing of the gods – 51/ POIR
Cold: 47/Blessing of the gods – 0/ POIR
Lightning: 79/Blessing of the gods – 31/ POIR
Poison: 63/Blessing of the gods – 15/ POIR
Pierce: 63/Blessing of the gods – 67/ POIR
Vit: 139/Blessing of the gods – 139/ POIR
Average Damage: 1938/Blessing of the gods – 2625/ POIR
DPS: 3353/Blessing of the gods – 5146/ POIR
Attack speed: 174%/Blessing of the gods – 196%/ POIR
End relics/charms and completion bonuses:
• Valour of Achilles with %damage bonus, easy way to get is to complete this relic 1 by 1 in the weapon that way its the only bonus on the table for you or you have a 10% chance to get from random completion. This will be on both weapons this way.
• Monkey kings with pierce resistance, only way to complete this relic with that bonus is by random farming or using the TQ vault, you have a 12,5% chance to get this by random completion. This is for 1 ring only.
• Hermes Sandal with pierce resistance bonus, unfortunately there is only a random chance for this 1 and its a massive 6% chance of that happening so farm or TQ vault, i would suggest farm for this at the same time as the weapons and armour in act 1 to reduce farming times.
• Herakles Might with pierce resistance, reason for this is i needed a boost in resistance and this was the best option i could find but sadly the same thing as the sandal you have a 6% chance to get this by random.
• Crystal of Erebus with resist all bonus, the sadly are coming thick and fast with these bonuses, there is an 11% chance to get this by random so sort of being lucky like i was and getting it 1st pop then i would suggest using TQ vault or you may never get 1 with this and its a really handy boost to all major resistances.
• Demons Blood with %stun resist, this is a 100% completion bonus so all you have to do is complete 1 bit by bit on the ring to get this.
This build isn’t perfect but it kicks massive arse, the blessing of the gods keeps resistance up for trash mobs and the pendent increases damage for boss fights but mostly the act 4 bosses since thats where you can get the pendent so the last of the guide will follow with farming spots and bosses to look out for in each act. Enjoy:).
Act1:
There isn’t much to do in this act but run through and do side quest, there is no need for a deathweavers legtip and the only item to farm for is a new set of stone binders to give you the +4 to all skills. To options for farming this item; 1st is the Pythian caves and 2nd is the end of the Mino lab b4 the last rebirth fountain. Both have a good chance to drop a set of stone binders on xmax but the Mino lab could be easier after getting 1 or 2 more levels for farming but it doesn’t make too much difference:
The pythian cave – http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanques…thiancaves.php
The Mino lab – http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanques…nlabyrinth.php
Section marked with that last F is the spot for the gorgons.
There isn’t much else to get here unless you wish to farm the hydra for the small chance he will drop the formula needed for the build, this drops more often in act 3 and you can afford to wait until then to find it.
Bosses to look out for:
Hydra – has a nasty poison and fire breath that can 1 hit kill this toon thanks to the low hp for a melee toon so best option is to warwind b4 he sees you so he only uses his physical attack, then drop a BS and squall and smash him down.
Talos – at this stage fire resist is still low that his fire attack can almost 1 hit you so you need to avoid that 1 each time he goes to use, it’s easy to spot just look out for his arm raising once that happens you have a few seconds to move b4 he lets it go. Other notes would be to kill normal enemies around him to avoid being mobbed to death if his stomp stun gets you.
This should be all that gives you trouble in this act.
Act 2:
This act is much the same as the 1st act nothing to farm for and only 1 boss that will give you a small headache and that would be the Manticore, he has strong ranged attacks so getting close asap is the way to go much like the hydra but unlike the hydra this boss dies allot faster.
This act will be the fastest act for this toon so the faster you finish it the faster you can get onto act 3 where most of the farming is done.
Act 3:
In this act you are looking for 2 hale rings of supremacy which can be found here: http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanques…songmopeak.php, this can take a few runs at it before the merchant will have 1 and they cost a few million each but they are worth it, once you have those 2 rings you can remove the points from dodge attack and put them into other skills of the build not finished.
Wyrmskin harness – this will be 1 of the harder items to find, the 3 best options for farming this are all nasty; 1st option is the Barmanu and his big chest, 2nd is the act 3 telkine and 3rd is typhoon. The easiest option is the act 3 telkine but if you cant wait that long the Barmanu is the option for you.
Sabertooth – best place to farm this item is here: http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanques…fguanzhong.php, there are 3 camps with tigermen here and on xmax there are plenty of chances to find a sabertooth.
Bosses:
Dragon liche: this guy being undead means your ADCtH will only work when he is under the affect of squall, but by this stage you will hopefully have spell breaker and spell shock maxed so 1st up squall him then spell shock him and that should half kill him or more then all you do is rush him throw BS up and finish him off with DW.
Typhon: this guy won’t stay still enough to keep him in a squall for a long time so only cast it when attacking and his meteors will kill your BS so if you want in increase in attack damage then go for the battle maker shrine. This fight takes time and requires you to pay attention to the boss and what skills he is throwing your way so just dodge the meteors and thorn skill and attack when you have a break in the spell spamming.
Barmanu: this guy shouldn’t give you much trouble, i include him because allot of people hate fighting him. All you have to do is dodge his stun and meteor attack and he will go down fast and he shows you when he will do them by jumping up and down so when he does that move away and once over go back and pound his face in :).
Act 4:
Finally at the end of the long grind. You should be able to finish the build b4 the end of the act but if you don’t hades runs will give you what you are missing.
Ismene helm: This is rather easy to find it is located in the 1st stage of the map in the link, it took me 12 runs to find a hallowed version of the helm and 300 runs to find the hallowed of supremacy 1.http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanques…gh/soronis.php
Batrachos: this will be one of the harder items to find, if you use the rng fix on the defiler then turn it off, it will give you better odds of finding these. http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanques…gh/soronis.php the areas to find the frogs that drop there are marked with a 3 and 4 on the map and the camp in between the 2 bridges, be patient when farming these, it will take awhile but they are worth it.
Folg: http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanques…eriverstyx.php the area b4 and after the bridge where charon is found is best place and 1st place to farm for this and the vets of devouring or annihilation can be easy to find when xmax is on. I would recommend the annihilation suffix but i could only find a devouring 1 which is still good so if you can find it cool but if not the devouring suffix works well.
Pendent of Immortal Rage: this item can be found in charons orb but its low odds you will be more likely to find it in hades orb, if you find it in charons then only use it for boss bashing. The blessing of the gods item works better on trash mobs where your resistances should be maxed.
Bosses:
Hades: this guy piles on the vit damage but you should be able to tank him if you get you bs up fast and squall him fast then all you have to do is DW his arse to death and keep him in squall.
Hades generals: not really a boss but these guys are surrounded by Mache archers and are Mache archer themselves and that being the case means they do a massive amount of damage so i would recommend trying to single out as many archers to avoid the mobs raining arrows on you and killing you.
Hope this guide has been helpful to any1 looking to try a melee thane out. Enjoy the read and if you have any questions about the build feel free to ask. if you are using the fan patch like i am there is a new fix in it that will allow the pendent of immortal rage to drop in all acts so you can combine stonebinder farming with act 1 telkine runs to get a pendent from act 1 onwards which will be useful in boss fights along the way. big thanks to benitot for pointing this out to me.
-Guide by jonnymon69

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-the-middleweight-thane-guide/
« Last Edit: 13 August 2018, 10:43:31 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal