General > General Discussion

Artifact Completion Bonusses,.. imbalanced?

(1/6) > >>

Laionidas:
So, I got this artifact on my dual-throw Stonespeaker:

and I got it with the +20% Physical Damage modifier, which isn't too bad, since it's a hybrid, and increased Physical Damage will benefit Elemental damage as well, after conversion.

I can't help but wondering though whether the +25% Attack Speed wouldn't be better, and I've wondered that a lot of times with a lot of artifacts. The +25% Attack Speed modifier seems to always trump all, at least for weapon users, since it benefits all damage types and conversions simultaneously.

Is there a point where the other modifiers become more worthwhile?

botebote77:
but you probably are dual wielding thrown weapons, right? cap is 141% attack speed? that's very easy to reach.. primal magma alone gives 35% attack speed.. but why Might of Hephaestus? aren't there better artifacts? i mean it's good but you won't benefit from iron fist because it's melee only right?

Laionidas:

--- Quote from: botebote77 on 08 August 2018, 13:36:46 ---but you probably are dual wielding thrown weapons, right? cap is 141% attack speed? that's very easy to reach.. primal magma alone gives 35% attack speed.. but why Might of Hephaestus? aren't there better artifacts? i mean it's good but you won't benefit from iron fist because it's melee only right?

--- End quote ---

Hmmm,.. I only found that out after creating it, but luckily I had my savefile backed up.

I think I'll be better of crafting the Wheel of Taranis for now, and saving my Dragontongue and Heart of Earth, untill I find a recipe for the Eye of Ra.

It's still odd though how much better some Completion Bonusses are compared to others.

Is there a tool to modify/choose/reroll Completion Bonusses? It save the hassle of savegame manipulation.

CrocMagnum:
(Bwah! botebote77 and Laionidas  beat me to it. Your too fast, friends! :P)

Well! Laionidas here’s what I think:

- most of the time you’ll try to get the bonus you need the most. Needless to say it depends on your Mastery Combination and the loot you gather along the way (if you're playing untwinked), here’s some difference between an Avenger an a Stonespeaker:

- an Avenger has no way to slow down enemies (TBO I never used Ensnare in my Immortal Throne days, now with AE it is a possibility). Slow is a big deal in any good hack’n’slash, if you can slow monsters down you lower their DPS, thus increasing your survivability. This is also why a Holy Freeze mercenary was such a coveted hireling in Diablo 2 lod. On the other hand a Stormcaller doesn’t care much about slow: he’s got Heart of Frost in the Storm Nimbus tree,

- Stonespeakers -like Stormcallers- too have a way to slow down monsters with Energy Drain in the Rune Weapon tree (Storm has a bigger bonus though). to rephrase what Firebrand once said, the Rune Weapon tree gives you almost everything you want,

- now like botebote77 said, the level cap is reached easily. Granted early game Speed is at premium, but late game you’ll reach the cap. Then you have the harsh requirement of Might of Hephaestus: LV 50! By that time you’ve already found all the speed you need from other items/skills, 

- finally there’s the nerf on the Skill granted by Might of Hephaestus in the Anniversary Edition:

Depending on your version of Titan Quest, Iron Fist actually works completely differently:

# Immortal Throne (original version): in this version Iron Fist DOES NOT work at all,

# Immortal Throne + Fanpatch 1.17: the granted skill works very well. This includes Melee and even Spells. This what made this Divine Artifacts so attractive (at least for me). I mean the granted skills proces a lot and you don't need to assign the skill on LBM, it works automatically,

# Anniversary Edition: in this version you are forced to assign the granted skill to your LMB! So it cannot proc with spells anymore (like Eruption, Volcanic Orb). This is somewhat sad but I guess I do understand the idea of the developers behind this nerf: indeed the tooltip of Iron Fist says “builds up the melee power of the player to epic proportions”, so now the skill works as intended (a melee bonus that is).

WNG:
There is an artifact that has +210 Energy and +250 Energy has completion bonuses. I don't get this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version