Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Anniversary Edition - General discussion

Weapon Damage Converted to Elemental without Rune

(1/5) > >>

botebote77:
lolz for fun i created a cheat test character elementalist focusing on weapon damage converted to elemental.. the items:

blessing of the moirae - 33%
golden agris helmet - 50%
legendary eitr - 20%

for some reason the converted to elemental is not shown on tq-db but in game, it is listed

33 + 50 + 20 = 103% converted to elemental (assuming the stacking is additive) so that should stack to 100% meaning full attack of throwing weapon is converted to elemental

that is then enhanced by storm nimbus, earth enchantment, eye of the storm, volatility, squall and my occult rings.. i even wore twisted coil of the parasite and moon disc, then thoth's glory for the 20% reduced requirements so i can spend less on str and dex

the damage is somewhat respectable in legendary act 4 but it's not for me because it's only single target attack and the range is very short lolz.. in xmax x3 i don't clear mobs fast enough to support core dweller and my toon is still very glassy

still it could be fun if someone makes a surprisingly good "converted to elemental" build without rune :D  .. maybe earth and storm is not the right combination.. I've thought about brigand but i just don't see how it could be better than a normally built brigand.. maybe illusionist or something with dream? :) I've been theorycrafting for an int based conqueror but there's no % elem damage and the shield procs would be wasted because it don't work with throwing

edit: for the record, i don't cheat on my characters  :)  .. this is just for fun and i don't plan to make a new character just for that because the level req of blessing of the moirae is lvl 59

Tauceti:
A surprising build without rune.
what about Druid ? It could be funny  ;)

P.S. elemental conversion works as damage absorption, that is stacking is multiplicative.

tholuneve:
P.S. elemental conversion works as damage absorption, that is stacking is multiplicative.
Last time I checked (1.53), it is additive. But since you said that, I will check again with the latest version. It's important to confirm the correct method to calculate.

And as for the topic itself, I would suggest Earth/Storm + Warfare/Defense/Hunting/Dream. Each one of the combination should work and Storm are automatically superior to Earth in terms of damage since converted damage contains only 1/3 of fire damage.

botebote77:
would appreciate your tests tholuneve

i thought about something but preferably i have one more source of converted to elemental from a non-weapon or shield

i remember i just found staff of the covenant just a few days ago.. it's a staff that deals physical damage but requires very high int.. now i remember in the early days of ragnarok i found carnyx staff.. it's also a staff that deals physical and it has a hidden attribute: it has 100% chance to pass through enemies.. if staff of the covenant also have that hidden attribute, this should go well with ternion  ;D

i just need one more source of converted to elemental.. anybody has anything in mind? i hope i can find one in my vault.. triple eitr would kill my resists so it's out

Tauceti:

--- Quote from: tholuneve on 08 June 2018, 03:42:14 ---Last time I checked (1.53), it is additive. But since you said that, I will check again with the latest version. It's important to confirm the correct method to calculate.

--- End quote ---
I am no more on TQ now, i've read tests on elemental conversion somewhere and that was convincing, so i kept the information in mind. But where was that.. uhuuh, couldn't say.
Make your own tests ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version