Author Topic: Pazuzu's Guadian the Omnipotent guide  (Read 4871 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Pazuzu's Guadian the Omnipotent guide
« on: 28 April 2018, 10:48:21 »
Defense & Nature
The Idea/Goal/Purpose
After finishing the whole game with 2 different Guardians without any deaths, some forumers requested me to create a Guardian Guide and seeing as how (surprisingly) this forum has no Guardian guides while there are a lot of people who ask for help with their Guardian, ive decided to create one. This forum has some really amazing and well made builds and I have tried some of them out, some builds offer huge damage and some other builds offer “immortality” but as we all know there is no such thing as immortality in Titan Quest, the closest you can get is probably with an immortal haruspex but even that toon has its weakness, dying from AoE attacks or reflect for example, and that’s why I wanted to create a different kind of tank, one that relies on a smarter gameplay that wont get you killed because you received too much reflect or because “dat aoe hit you for 5k damage”.. thus, I will discuss about the making of a powerful tank that has huge and I mean HUGE health (HP) but at the same time has max resistances, a very powerful debuff, reflect, pet buffs, decent damage and a smart tactic along with a brilliant shield method.. a tank that will not be scared of the rocks of Typhon or the AoE’s of Hades. If you like playing tanky classes that are extremely hard to take down, then I believe you are going to like this idea.
The build starts to shine later in the game, epic and mostly legendary. In normal and epic your main purpose is to familiarize yourself with the skills and the tactics. Farming should be done slightly in epic and mostly in legendary.
The Masteries

Both masteries provide some good skills so I cannot say with certainty which one of the 2 (Defense/Nature) is the main one, not that it matters though. But lets see what these masteries have to provide. Nature will take care of the HP boost with the Heart of Oak, some speed and resistances along with the wolves that will prove a great asset later on in the game.. lets also not forget about one of the most powerful debuffs in the game, Plague! And last but not least, the refresh skill which will be useful. Defense on the other hand is going to make your Guardian hard as a rock while keeping the damage in good levels, even for dealing with multiple opponents, the reflect skill of Guardian will be useful as well. Defense provides so many Trigger skills (skills that activate while you attack or while you are being attacked).
Skills of Defense
Colossus: The boss killer, adds damage and damage absorbtion. Lasts for a short period of time, that’s why you should use it only when needed, mostly for boss runs imo.
Battle Awareness & Synergies (Focus,Iron will): Probably your best defensive skill, treasure it! Adds shield block which will be essential for the build as well as some resistances that you dont usually get from items such as freeze resistance or entrapement, very very useful because if you get trapped while fighting multiple opponenes it could be dangerous, even though as i said this build is gonna be super tanky, so no worries.
Rally & Synergies: I personally dislike this skill, but it will be one of the main skills for boss runs because of the reflect synergy.
Adrenaline & Synergies: This is gonna be procing all the time in legendary, one of the best skills of Defense definitely, it will help you deal with multiple opponents as well as bosses because it adds damage and speed.
Quick Recovery: The magical skill of this build, this is going to be active at all times in end game, blocking all the incoming damage from mobs and some of the incoming damage from bosses.
Disable, Pulverise and Shield Smash: Those are trigger skills, they exist in the background and they activate when you attack, as you add more points into those skills, their chance increases as well. They will help you slow and disable your enemy, even deal with multiple enemies (pulverize). A technique that allows shield and weapon to hit simultaneously. Key skills!
Shield Charge & Disruption: Assign this in your right mouse click. You will only put 1 point in shield charge but you will max Disruption because it is the best way to kill multiple enemies, at first you stun them and if they are still alive you wipe them =D
Concussive Blow: This works only with clubs/maces so it will be one of the main skills in end game, but feel free to put some points in it anytime in the game as long as you use a mace that is. It adds a good stun effect, very helpful.
Armor Handling: It will give you access to better gear earlier in the game, also adds some nice defense, especially useful in the beginning of the game.
Batter (Not butter :P): Assign it in your left mouse click, a nice strong shield attack that slows the enemies, its synergy Rend Armor allows Batter to hit more opponents at the same time.
Skills of Nature
Plague: Its your main debuff, you will be using this always and against everyone. At some point later in the game you will have to max Plague and the synergies. It decreases the strength,speed and defense of your enemy and it spreads to nearby enemies, one of the best skills in Titan Quest.
Heart Of Oak & Synergies: Crusial skill, adds huge amount of HP, some speed and resistances.
Refresh: Takes some time off the cooldown of skills making them available more often, useful.
Call of the Wild: Wolves,they get stronger as you add points, you can have more wolves in higher levels. We will be using them mostly for their buff though (Strength of the Pack) which adds damage and total speed not only to the wolves but also to you.
Leveling Up
First off, i want to say that this guide is mostly focused on end game.. but i will still try to give you some tips about the game progression until you reach the end. “For the Normal difficulty it is better if you buy green gear from the Shops, look for veteran’s chest piece which will provide the chance to avoid projectiles and of the glade gloves or boots , 2 hardy/robust/hale rings and a necklace of the cat/lynx/tiger for speed and stately or hallowed helm, socket those depending on what you need, i usually socket most of my gear with speed/damage relics/charms in normal in order to make the game go faster, in epic you will start getting nice purple gear and you can start replacing the greens. Green gear can be obtained from the merchants in each difficulty and town, i advise you to look for veteran’s green weapons and green shields that give strength/Hp/Damage/Speed..changing your shield and weapon in each act at least once is very important.. the rest of the gear can be kept pretty much throughout the whole difficulty if you cannot find anything better. For example when i was leveling my second guardian i found an excellent piece of veteran’s breastplate with 22% chance to avoid projectiles, 20% defensive ability, HP, damage resistance, i socketed it with mechanical parts and used it up until Orient in Epic because up until that moment i hadnt found anything better than that, and of course all the green equipment that i found was a lot worse, only a really good purple can replace such green, really”.
Lets proceed with leveling.. i usually start with defense, put 2 points into the mastery tree and 1 point into armor handling. Once you find a shield, put a point into batter and the rest in the mastery tree again. Until level 8 just max shield smash and put the rest of the points into the defense mastery tree and 1 point into quick recovery. Once you get to unlock the second mastery, choose nature and immediately unlock the call of the wild. From now on, focus on the nature tree for awhile, add points into the mastery tree until you unlock plague and heart of oak (while doing this, try to max armor handling from the defense skills), max plague (not the synergies yet) and max heart of oak (not the synergies), try to be adding same amount of points in each so that they get maxed at the same time, dont max the one first and leave the other one without points. While maxing the 2 skills, try to add a few points in quick recovery. Put 1 point into shield charge.
If you want to be relatively tanky in the beginning of the game, invest in some Hale gear for maybe the 2-3 pieces of your armor, anything with hp boost will be a great help because Heart of Oak is going to boost that HP bonus even more. With my first guardian i took out normal typhon in 12 seconds because i had invested a lot in HP/Str (like 3-4 pieces of the gear combined with HoO).
PS: The cyclops in early greece (polyphemus) can be tricky to kill because you are gonna tackle him while you are pretty much naked, so i would suggest having a low level bow or staff and kill him like that.
Now you are around level 20 your skill setup should look something like this: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Guardian&master1=4&master2=5&sa=0&m1=4-0-1-12-0-0-8-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=12-0-0-1-6-0-0-8-6-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Now its time to max the defense tree, every time you unlock a new skill, add 1 point into it and continue maxing the defense tree (ignore concussive blow if your weapon is not a club). When the defense tree is maxed, add 1 point into colossus and 3 more points into iron will, then proceed to max pulverize,disable,disruption in that order.
You are now around level 36-39 and your skill setup should look like this: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Guardian&master1=4&master2=5&sa=0&m1=4-0-1-12-0-0-8-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-1-1-6-1-1-8-6-1-1-1-1-1-6-1-4-6-1-1-6-0-0-0-0
Dont rush to finish normal, make sure that you are in your early 40’s at least, before you go to Epic.
This is your main goal so from now add the points respectively until you reach your final build: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Guardian&master1=4&master2=5&sa=0&m1=32-0-6-12-0-1-8-0-1-8-6-0-0-0-6-12-0-8-12-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-8-1-1-6-1-1-8-6-6-6-1-1-2-6-8-2-6-1-8-6-0-0-0-0-0. In titan calc it says 75 but it is actually not, because you will also be receiving skill points from quests in each difficulty, so by around level 69-70 you will have the above build. When you reach level 75 you can max some other useful skills like the 2 synergies of rally (not rally itself) or anything else you want.
Attribute Points (including the 18 points that you receive from quest rewards throughout the game): Until level 35 add 1 point into Strength and 1 Point into Dexterity in each level. From level 35 until 65 add 1 point into health and 1 point into dexterity with each level. For the last 10 remaining levels 65-75 add everything into HP. You do not need more strength because you will be using hale rings and possibly other items that will boost your strength, armor handling will also lower strength requirements for gear.
Gameplay, Basic Skills and Methods
Your main defensive skill against mobs (both ranged and melee) is quick recovery, so by late epic make sure to have a shield with at least 40% block chance and by legendary a shield with 45% block chance. Let me explain how this method works. Quick Recovery has a 45 second duration at level 12 which you will achieve with your end game build, but its recharge time is longer than 45 seconds, so what you need to do is use the refresh skill of nature mastery in order to be able to have quick recovery at all times. You can only put a few points into refresh in order to achieve that, but I prefer having refresh maxed because it also helps lowering the cooldowns of your other skills. Now, in your end game build you will have over 100% chance to block, (45-49% from your shield, 25% from quick recovery, 25% from focus, and 5% from your chest piece and some more from your shield relic) this means that every time you get attacked you will block the indicated amount of damage on your shield, for example soldier’s undying will blocks 733 damage. This all sounds great but the thing is that shields have a 2,5-3,0 seconds cooldown after every successful block. So quick recovery comes to rescue again, with maxed quick recovery you will also get -90% shield recovery time and with a shield like Ancile or I would suggest Soldier’s Undying Will socketed with a turtle shell charm you will get the remaining –recovery time required in order to achieve 100% block chance without a block cooldown, in short you will be able to block all incoming damage and since most monsters don’t hit you for over 733 damage, you will most of the time not be receiving any damage at all. Quick recovery also blocks incoming damage from bosses, so for whatever they hit you, you will receive 733 less damage (this doesn’t apply on Area of Effect skills). So let me say this again, you need to have quick recovery active at all times in higher levels (of course in early game this wouldn’t be possible, so just use it whenever you can). This is basically how it’s gonna be: Use quick recovery > Refresh > quick recovery again, and so on.
With the refresh method you can have Rally up at all times as well, i dont personally use it always but it is a good buff that you can probably use all the time together with quick recovery. Rally is pretty much a boss killer when it comes to bosses that can deal huge damage like barmanu “watch the short video in the end of the guide”.
Resistances: With the gear I will suggest later on and with the relics and charms that you can add on your items, you should reach max resistances on everything which will lead to a lot less damage received. Your HP is going to be around 20.000 or more so there is really no way you die unless you let them kill you. In order to receive even less damage, you will be using Plague against everyone. This is mainly how you are gonna kill anything on your way: Throw Plague > Shield Charge/Batter (At this point pulverize and the rest will hit as well) > all’s dead > Repeat. In boss fights you can also use colossus form which will make you ridiculously overpowered to the point that skills that can 1 hit other classes, will only take a really small portion off your life which you can replenish again with a few hits of your weapon due to your attack damage converted to health from Sapros and from the green mace socketed with Anubis relic. So when fighting bosses you have the following: Colossus (Decreases ALL incoming damage and increases your damage and strength), quick recovery (decreases 733 of the incoming damage,excluding aoe damage),plague (decreases your opponent’s damage,defense and elemental resists and speed), Sapros the Corrupter (decreases the resistances of the opponent, so you kill much much faster), Rally (reflects damage and adds more speed and elemental resistance), adrenaline (increases total damage and speed).
How do you kill stuff? Start with plague/Shield charge/batter, make sure to attack one time with sapros in order to lower the resistances of the enemy and then switch to your secondary green club and kill. Basically, you have 2 of the most powerful debuffs in the game, plague and Sapros. So once both debuffs are applied on the opponent, all you have to do is switch to your strong green club and kill the opponent. If the opponent is a tough boss, then switch to sapros and apply plague every few seconds. While you attack you are gonna be replenishing a lot of lost HP because both your weapons will have the attack damage converted to health stat. For trash mobs you might as well just kill them with your green club in order to save time. The synergy of Call of the Wild (Strength of the Pack) will also give you more damage and speed when you are fighting against mobs/bosses, but you need to have your wolves active if you want to get that buff so make sure that when your wolves die you spawn them again.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2018, 20:51:36 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Pazuzu's Guadian the Omnipotent guide
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2018, 10:48:33 »
Gear
Chest: Mantle of Sa’Jun (Drops in Epic Act 3 and Legendary Act 3), so I would say farm Typhon,3rd Telkine,Barmanu and maybe bandari. This chest piece gives the resistances from iron will so you no longer need to have full iron will, just a couple of points in the skill combined with the ones provided by this amazing chest piece should be more than enough.
Gloves: Legendary Stonebinder’s Cuffs (Drops in the pythian caves from the gorgon sisters and in the Minoan Labyrhinth), It’s a relatively common drop so i would suggest farming a lot for this in order to get a pair with nice affixes, purifying of speed or resistant of speed would be nice, they are not as hard to get as hale of alacrity but in any case ANY legendary stonebinder’s cuffs would do really. Socket them with whatever you are gonna need in your build, it usually comes to either poison/pierce resistance, attack speed or HP.
Shoes: Athena’s Battle Greaves (Drops everywhere in Epic and Legendary difficulties), this is easy to find so. Or Batracho’s Greaves (I would suggest using batracho’s greaves only if it has really good affixes, if it’s a bad one then stick to athena’s battle greaves because you don’t really need the huge DA of batracho’s greaves anyways). Or, the amazing barbarian spiked greaves, drops in legendary act 4.
Helmet: Kael’s Visage (Drops in Legendary act 4, farm secret passage or hades for this). If you are able to find a green headgear purifying of immortality, Hallowed of Immortality, hale of immortality or even just of immortality, if you are able to find stately helm of immortality then it will be even better,so if you are gonna go with a green helm then add erebus crystal charm with “all resistances” completion bonus. If you cant find either of those, then use visor of the shadowlord (drops in epic and legendary only in act 4).
Rings: 2x Hale rings of Immortality, both socketed with dionysu’s wineskin relic with HP completion bonus (you will find theses rings in the shops in epic and legendary). If you feel like you could use some more vitality resistance (mainly because kael’s visage helm doesnt provide any) then on the one ring put daemon’s blood charm with vitality completion bonus.
Amulet: Aphrodite’s Favor (It can drop anywhere in Legendary difficulty, I would suggest farming the Hydra or the secret passage for this). If you cannot find this, then use myrmidon’s pendant or blessing of the gods until you find Aphrodite’s Favor.
Artifact: Symbol of the Polymath with Elemental Resistances completion bonus or Star of Ishtar with either resistance bonus or dexterity or HP, depending on what you need. Both of those artifacts are great, just choose the one you need most.
Shields: Legendary Soldier’s Undying will (drops in the ampelian caves in act 4 legendary, you will find these caves right after you reach medea). This is easy to find, so farm until you get one with good affixes, preferably purifying or impenetrable of trickery, or ultimately herculean of the winds. Try to find 2 of these because you will also be using 2 maces. Socket these shields with legendary turtle shell charm with whatever completion bonus you need, mine is with pierce resistance. You can find the charm in the swamps before Athens or anywhere that you can find turtle monsters. Ancile is a good shield that you can use until you find the soldier’s undying will.
Maces: You are gonna need Sapros The Corrupter (it drops anywhere in legendary difficulty),it is best to farm this in either hydra/secret passage/hades etc or preferably from monsters that actually use clubs, such as barmanu (remember your chest piece can drop from barmanu so you might as well try to farm them both here) or polymphemus or club wielding monsters with yellow names (I found several pieces of sapros in the warcamp before Athens, from those fat boarmen with yellow name to be specific). And your secondary weapon is going to be a Veteran’s Folg (folgs drop from the troglodytes in act 4 legendary, those are the green troll looking monsters that always wield a club). They are not rare but you might spend some time until you get one with the veteran’s prefix, if it has a suffix as well then even better! You will have to socket your folg with Incarnation of anubi’s wrath with attack speed completion bonus. Until you find a folg, feel free to use any legendary green club “veteran’s of reckless power/annihilation/havoc” etc. *Note, if your green weapon is veteran’s of devouring then you no longer need to socket Anubis wrath on it, instead socket an incarnation of the valor of achille’s with attack speed completion bonus. If you cannot find sapros yet but you already have a green mace of devouring then socket it with shen nong’s dark medicine with slow completion bonus in order to deal with bosses.
About the gear: Ultimately you can mix-match the suggested gear in order to get something that will work best for you.
Be reminded that in order to be able to find those items in game it would be a good idea to install the fanpatch as well as the bugfix for the fanpatch which can be downloaded from Here
Positives: This is probably the tankiest build in the game, it combines defense with debuffs in order to create the ultimate tank. It does not require you to waste item slots for 100% ctap and 2k DA gear in order to be immune against dangerous foes like dragonians or skeleton mages, you instead invest in HP that will save you more than you know.
Negatives: This guardian build is mostly likely not the fastest of killers. You will have to use mana potions to keep up with the usage of the skills, no biggie though.
In conclusion: Its the ultimate tank, with max resistances, HUGE HP, quick recovery method in order to completely avoid getting damaged by mobs,great debuffs and buffs that add damage/hp/speed/damage mitigation and of course + 5 to all skills. 2 buffs that can be kept up at all times, rally for speed and elemental resistance and its boss killing ability “ultra reflect” and quick recovery for pure immortality =p
Notes: I had tons of fun while leveling this toon and i still do while farming for specific items and i hope that some of you will find this build fun and interesting as well. I hope this guide will inspire more people to play with such an amazing class! I am not pro so this build is most likely not perfect, but what is perfect in life anyways? 😛 For those who wanted a more offensive Guardian then im sorry that my guide is not what you were expecting, if i have the time i can make a different Guardian build one day. If you have any suggestions/questions or you just wanna say something, then feel free to do so.
Thanks for reading!

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-guardian-the-omnipotent-guide/

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal